It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Future of Food shortages and Famine

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 19 2021 @ 12:09 PM
link   
Are you prepared to be self sufficient, in whatever season?
If there is one thing that has to be learned from the cold virus shutdowns, its that we should be prepared to be totally self sufficient, I have been reading various news and watching the patterns
Civil war and Famine are very close and could happen tomorrow...
How can there be a famine in this modern era?

If supermarkets don't get deliveries you have famine. I have read the news watched the patterns.
We are another lockdown away from famine.

Get your fishing Rods on stand by people

Different news reporting the same outcomes

Food, and meat shortages are imminent

www.google.com...

news.sky.com...

www.science.org...

If the supermarkets don't get deliveries its every man for themselves, and when people are desperate and hungry, your enemy is the guy with the loaf of bread.

Those news articles are UK based and the UK relys alot on import, so maybe it would be hardest hit if this very possible scenario happened.

Im curios to see if others are seeing news pop up of coming food shortages?
Or have anything to add to the op

Tips for a nuclear winter etc....

edit on 19-9-2021 by DAVG1980 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2021 @ 12:34 PM
link   
a reply to: DAVG1980

Yep,

Send out the warnings for any who will listen.

I just posted something very similar

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Does anyone think that the labor shortages, supply issues, shutdowns, business bankruptcies, and runaway inflation are going to lesson anytime soon? What are the chances it gets worse? I think the chances it gets worse are pretty damned high.

These problems will directly lead into food shortages, rationing, skyrocketing cost, and finally Famine. Most or many roads lead here.

posted on Sep, 19 2021 @ 12:47 PM
link   
Yep.
Every prepper channel I watch on YouTube is sounding the alarm. More so now than ever. I've been able to convince people who have never prepped before to go out and buy whatever they can right now.
I started 3 months ago. Not optimally where I want to be yet,but much further ahead than I was.

posted on Sep, 19 2021 @ 12:52 PM
link   
In the end whatever happens people's gonna realize that they can bake bread without politicians or tv.the ones creating all this mess are not the ones that produce anything or having any knowledge but the leaches that we tolerate for too long.

posted on Sep, 19 2021 @ 01:01 PM
link   
a reply to: AccessDenied

I told my mum last year to start stocking up on canned food, have 3 months supply always and rotate to the front as used. I don't have a supply, however I live nxt to the sea, and iam slaughterman in a world of rabbits and deer... As well as being ex army and still in my prime. But inner cities would be worst hit. I live in the outskirts but its congested enough to see the animals turn wild

If there's no food there's nobody working, everybody has one thing in mind, I need to feed my family....

posted on Sep, 19 2021 @ 01:04 PM
link   

edit on 19-9-2021 by infolurker because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2021 @ 01:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: DAVG1980

I told my mum last year to start stocking up on canned food, have 3 months supply always and rotate to the front as used. I don't have a supply, however I live nxt to the sea, and iam slaughterman in a world of rabbits and deer... As well as being ex army and still in my prime. But inner cities would be worst hit. I live in the outskirts but its congested enough to see the animals turn wild

If there's no food there's nobody working, everybody has one thing in mind, I need to feed my family....

I have prepped on and off for years. But moving around a lot always hindered my process. Stock rotation is key. As is avoiding urban areas. I'm out in the sticks and close enough to the ocean/ farmland for that to be useful.

posted on Sep, 19 2021 @ 01:16 PM
link   
Watching the stocks, makes me think it's a manipulation to boost plant based foods. Tyson for example, is going down meanwhile Beyond Meat going up pretty fast and leading the food list on NYSE with +4.26% today.

Campbell Soup -0.94% today too. Just to give you guys an idea. But go to any supermarket you like and see Campbell's shelf full.

We are not short of food, just more expensive. Do not play their game.

public.com...

edit on 19-9-2021 by Trueman because: (no reason given)

edit on 19-9-2021 by Trueman because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2021 @ 01:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: infolurker

He's one I follow.

posted on Sep, 19 2021 @ 01:31 PM
link   

Yeah, same here along with Bear Independent, Survival Prepping for normal people, VikingPreparedness, Canadian Prepper and so many others.

posted on Sep, 19 2021 @ 01:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: infolurker

Yeah, same here along with Bear Independent, Survival Prepping for normal people, VikingPreparedness, Canadian Prepper and so many others.

Canadian prepper is awesome.

posted on Sep, 19 2021 @ 01:36 PM
link   
To be clear here..

There are plenty of ways to avoid this, but I think most people are either stuck in convincing themselves "all is well" or stuck in the little dopamine releases that come with "warning people" and consuming information & content that reinforces that behavioral process.

We have the tech to make pretty much every home self-sufficient through modern, decentralized tech. Including platforms that enable everyone from the disabled to the ignorant (not a bad word here!) to feed themselves in perpetuity. This is real self-sufficiency, and for the first time in history, we are able to accomplish this at a highly decentralized level.

Its always a good idea to have some supplies on hand to act as a buffer, of course. This was literally standard practice throughout all of human history until more recent times. But, that approach is predicated on the assumption that there is no intent to destabilize and that things will return back to the way things were before the hard times. Both are probably flawed assumptions.

All of this is the product of centralization, corruption, & power games that are framed in a paradigm where most people will either stick to their normalcy bias religiously or avoid actually building new things with a similar religious fervor, or derived from outright ignorance.

This is Potato Planet though, so we all be like:

glhf

posted on Sep, 19 2021 @ 02:10 PM
link   
In Finland we have Europe´s only phosphate mine, also Europe´s biggest Gypsum mountain which is produced as a by-product of fertilizer production.

LINK

Without phosphate fertilisers and feedstuffs, food production would plummet globally. Finland is the only EU country with significant phosphorus production and notable mapped resources. Their importance will increase, because new risks have emerged concerning the supply security of large phosphorus producing countries. GTK has created the first comprehensive survey of Finland’s phosphorus resources.

There are a lot of phosphate in here and if you like phosphate pls take some of Gypsum too with you ! It is SOO UGLY

edit on 19-9-2021 by dollukka because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2021 @ 02:12 PM
link   

If supermarkets don't get deliveries you have famine

Two thirds of the planet have no supermarkets whatsoever. They never had. And there was no famine. You certainly target a Western audience, I assume.

You said you've been watching patterns. You mean the current shortage in UK supermarkets? The minimum collapse of some logistics routes from China that led to a lack of goods in some Western cities? Again, that's only a mere 2% of the planet. Wars? There are wars everywhere; always were. Actually, only Western countries enjoyed some sort of peace, at the cost of social alienation of non-Western countries. But that's how the entire game is played.

Worry not: you'll survive. And the game will go on. Only this time Nature joined the game. And she cares little whether one is a eskimo, a pygmy, a Caucasian, a Bantu, an Amerindian, or whatever funny names humans give to humans. You went through population bottlenecks in the past, and you even survived countless plagues, diseases, natural disasters, and wars. Life is resilent. It endures. And it feeds on the corpses of dead ones.

If you wish to survive, follow my advice: become a Bedouin. Take with you just a camel and your tent. And a knife. That's all you'll need.

posted on Sep, 19 2021 @ 02:25 PM
link   

We have barrels of corn, beans and rice, 2 years worth for 10 people.

I have water on my property that comes out of the side of a high, sand and gravel hill.
The stream it creates have small Brook Trout living in it.
We are in an area where there are miles and miles and miles of forest.
We are not for from the shoreline which I know like the back of my hand, again, it extends for unbroken miles.
Problem with accessing the shore though is I’m now in a wheelchair.
I look at it this way, if things do go South we will all end up here and I have two son in-laws that know hunting, trapping, fishing and the sea.
We are also very well protected, very well.

But with that said. It really is in The Lord’s hands, who I totally trust.
Does that mean things will be easy or I won’t suffer?
Well, IMHO, only a fool thinks that way......

posted on Sep, 19 2021 @ 02:32 PM
link   
wow, that’s quite a take on things!
I never really thought about living in the desert with a camel though. I know that bedouins have been doing it very successfully for millennia.
It is after all an immensely vast world we live in and even if humanity was to suddenly wink out of existence I’m pretty sure the planet and life itself will do just fine.
Unless we take a direct hit from, IDK.....Mars maybe?

a reply to: Direne

posted on Sep, 19 2021 @ 02:35 PM
link   

why the knife?

To kill the Camel?

Its a joke!

posted on Sep, 19 2021 @ 02:37 PM
link   

I' ve been seeing the headlines and have noticed me wine gums are out of stock!

posted on Sep, 19 2021 @ 02:46 PM
link   
a reply to: CrazeeWorld777

lol! No, poor camel. It's to kill yourself once you noticed the water well is full of sand. Believe me, it is better to put an end to one's life before going through the nasty experience of dying of thirst.

posted on Sep, 19 2021 @ 02:52 PM
link   

2 jokes in 1.

he he

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join