It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cannabis and COVID. Can CBD inhibit growth of virus upon entry into the body?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 18 2021 @ 12:02 PM
link   
Hemp is now legal to grow in the US.

High content CBD comes from hemp. Because of cannabis prohibition, research into the strong potential medical value of hemp, not marijuana, hasnt happened until the last few years. Here are sources that show someone has now thought to study the potential of CBD to inhibit COVID.

pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov...

www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov...

I have zero background to interpret these articles. Has anyone else wondered about CBD potential as a prophylactic, that can understand better than I, please interpret and share thoughts?

T & C

16e.) Illicit Activity: Discussion of illicit activities, specifically the use of mind-altering drugs & substances,....

i) Narcotics and illicit mind-altering substances, legal or otherwise: discussing personal use or personal experiences as the result of such substances is not allowed in any form.

edit on Sat Sep 18 2021 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 18 2021 @ 12:13 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Sep, 18 2021 @ 12:14 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 18 2021 @ 12:16 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 18 2021 @ 12:21 PM
link   
a reply to: BrujaRebooted

The below abstract hasn't been peer reviewed, but is interestingly listed on nih.gov. Looks like an official endorsement of CBD use for Covid.

NIH.gov info on CBD

The rapid spread of COVID-19 underscores the need for new treatments. Here we report that cannabidiol (CBD), a compound produced by the cannabis plant, inhibits SARS-CoV-2 infection. CBD and its metabolite, 7-OH-CBD, but not congeneric cannabinoids, potently block SARS-CoV-2 replication in lung epithelial cells. CBD acts after cellular infection, inhibiting viral gene expression and reversing many effects of SARS-CoV-2 on host gene transcription. CBD induces interferon expression and up-regulates its antiviral signaling pathway. A cohort of human patients previously taking CBD had significantly lower SARSCoV-2 infection incidence of up to an order of magnitude relative to matched pairs or the general population. This study highlights CBD, and its active metabolite, 7-OH-CBD, as potential preventative agents and therapeutic treatments for SARS-CoV-2 at early stages of infection.

No reason not to believe it does provide beneficial effects..
edit on 18-9-2021 by NoCorruptionAllowed because: edit

posted on Sep, 18 2021 @ 12:23 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 18 2021 @ 12:24 PM
link   
a reply to: SoundisVibration

Vaping CBD has anecdotally helped COPD patients. Its known to help asthma as well.

I spoke to a pulmonologist that had no issue with vaped CBD.

Mother nature is best medicine. Natural immunity, natural products.

posted on Sep, 18 2021 @ 12:26 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 18 2021 @ 12:33 PM
link   
This is pretty good information and is like 8 mins.

edit on 18-9-2021 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 18 2021 @ 12:46 PM
link   

(post by TheMirrorSelf removed for political trolling and baiting)

posted on Sep, 18 2021 @ 12:50 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 18 2021 @ 01:03 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 18 2021 @ 01:08 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 18 2021 @ 01:14 PM
link   
Well CBD is absolutely magical......

I generally have it flowing through my blood daily...

And I look and feel awesome....

So there ya go.....its probably true.

posted on Sep, 18 2021 @ 01:15 PM
link   
a reply to: TheMirrorSelf

Your joke wasn't lost on me.

I did notice the smirk.

posted on Sep, 18 2021 @ 01:44 PM
link   
i have found through extensive and extremely long-term 'research' that cannabis, it's oils and derivatives offer infinitely more 'pros' than 'cons' and are beneficial in a great many ways. absolutely one of nature's greatest gifts, besmirched and demonised though it is by many.

posted on Sep, 18 2021 @ 02:41 PM
link   
a reply to: RoScoLaz5

Well i dont know about that.

I know this fiend who got better and dropped his nasty habits, but he could not stop smoking weed, he regrets the time when he started to use mj, and said it was a gateway to other things, and i believe it, seen it happen with other people too.

Also know this guy who gets seizures from weed, still smokes it tho, first gets panicky, then stiff as a board, uncontrollable movement, then blacks out, it can look really scary. He does not get these seizures when he stops smoking for a while.

Then this one guy gets really strong violent outbursts, many years ago he just stood up and smashed a glass and his bong against the wall, and he usually is this super calm and chill hippie person.

Ugh.. Glad i do not have to watch those things happen anymore.

posted on Sep, 18 2021 @ 03:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: XipeTotex

Ugh.. Glad i do not have to watch those things happen anymore.

People do get addicted to it most likely like anything else. One of my sons roommates in college would dab right when he work up in the morning and do it all day long.

posted on Sep, 18 2021 @ 03:07 PM
link   
a reply to: NoCorruptionAllowed

Any studies on the full spectrum CBD?

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join