It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Have you ever witnessed something offshore or elsewhere you can’t explain

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 18 2021 @ 01:44 PM
link   
Awesome stories! Keep em coming! I've only been off shore on a boat since but would do it at the drop of a hat again. Any weirdness I've experienced has happened in mountains or hilly country.
Some guys get all the luck haha.

posted on Sep, 18 2021 @ 03:37 PM
link   
a reply to: PiratesCut

FOG??
Every morning is a beautiful one when you wake up with fog and a coffee.

posted on Sep, 18 2021 @ 04:04 PM
link   
NICE!!!!

a reply to: DrumsRfun

posted on Sep, 18 2021 @ 04:15 PM
link   
a reply to: Grenade

Fish in UK are behaving differently this year throughout. I don't think it is an overfishing problem. It seems everywhere I go people are catching much less, no matter what the species. I've heard numerous theories from changing weather to changing air pressures.

posted on Sep, 18 2021 @ 05:54 PM
link   
a reply to: and14263
Not heard that one pal, I’d say the last 10 years I’ve noticed smaller and smaller catches. Using the same methods and the same spots I’ve done since I was a child. I honestly don’t think I’ve caught any trout in about 3 years, seems to be pike, perch, eels no matter where I go in the trossachs. I can’t even remember last time I hooked a sea trout.

posted on Sep, 18 2021 @ 06:03 PM
link   

No doubt, I enjoy reading your stories. Hopefully the current madness ends then if you ever make it to Scotland I’ll treat you to some whisky by the fire and we can trade some memories, you can start with the New York girls. Eventually I want to move off grid and spend my days by a loch with the dogs and a rod in the water followed by a bit of stargazing when the sun goes down.

Just bring an all season sleeping bag, you’re not climbing into mine for warmth. Need two bottles of whisky for that haha.

posted on Sep, 18 2021 @ 08:49 PM
link   

I do this for fun

edit on 18-9-2021 by DrumsRfun because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 18 2021 @ 09:23 PM
link   
That is so cool!!!
Fun indeed, great fun!!!
Bit of a slide here, sorry...but, I have to ask.
Serious ? Have you ever “thought” or felt you’d seen Sasquatch?
I never have but I do wonder....

posted on Sep, 18 2021 @ 09:39 PM
link   

Yes.
Its a weird story so I don't tell it.

posted on Sep, 18 2021 @ 09:41 PM
link   

I can’t tell you how enticing your words are.

Unfortunately, my body is well and truly busted up.
In the physical sense, my candle burned fast and furiously.

Last year I had the pleasure (pure sarcasm) of having a kidney stone. It would not pass so I had to have a Cat Scan to local it.
When the radiologist read the scan he typed out a half page description of the degenerative condition of my lower back.
The kidney stone required one line.
When the Dr. read it in front of me he took off his glasses and looked at me for a few, very long seconds.
His words, your back does not bother you?
Nope!
I don’t know how you even get out of bed.
I was born strong, abnormally so, then I went fishing.
I know how this sounds.....
My strength was legendary around the docks.
To me it was nothing special.
Pain, no problem.
I could and did, many times, take a shot that would put most guys in the hospital and I’d just get up, walk it off and go back to work.
Well, those days are long over.
My candle burned itself out.
I’d love to spend a month in the wilds of Scotland.
I was built for such things, mind and body.
So, that’s maybe why I keep saying things like, tell me your adventures, your life stories.
It allows me to live in my mind without just dwelling on the past but out in the world through the eyes of guys like you.
Make sense?
BTW, New York girls, let your imagination run wild, you’d probably not over think it......😆

I really appreciate all these replies and stories.
I so very much enjoy them!
Please, keep em coming.....

posted on Sep, 18 2021 @ 09:43 PM
link   
I understand, totally.
It was not easy to write about the lump on the water thing.
The merman thing was 100 times harder to type out!

Thank You....!!!

PS: I pushed myself, if I don’t get it out there it’s lost, forever.
Regardless of what is thought by others, in the grand scheme of things none of that alters the truth and worrying about wether people think I’m nuts or a lier, at this point in my life, what does it really matter because I really just don’t care......
In a weird way “Wisdom is wasted on the youth“ feels justified right now.....

Thanks again!!

edit on 08-19-2021 by PiratesCut because: PS

posted on Sep, 18 2021 @ 09:47 PM
link   

Vicariously, we shall live.

posted on Sep, 18 2021 @ 09:59 PM
link   
I like how you think!
Seriously....
Never stop!!! 😎

posted on Sep, 20 2021 @ 10:20 AM
link   

Not too awfully weird, but I have witnessed a couple things which skeered the liquid crap out of me!

First one - We were about a mile offshore fishing for bait (pinfish) on the west coast of FL. We saw the water roil up about 200 yards away and headed for that spot. A big school of Carevelle Jacks and some Porpoises had corralled a large school of baitfish and were cleaning up. Two tosses of my cast net into the fury gave us all the bait we needed and then some. After that we sat there and marveled at the chaos created by the Jacks and the Porpoises

We were only in about 15-20 feet of water, and the water was remarkably clear that day. I could clearly see the bottom (which was pretty unusual for southern Florida). I was kind of hanging over the side watching the porpoises take turns rocketing through the column of fish and just gorging themselves, while the others kept swimming around keeping the baitfish all together. I was totally transfixed on watching this crazy ballet of Mother Nature.

All of a sudden, from right underneath the boat, not a foot from my face, a giant manatee drifted out from under the boat! It was a full grown adult, (probably 1,000 lbs or better) and it must have thought the green bottom paint on the hull was some grass to eat. Well, let me tell you...when that manatee came out from under the boat, with my attention completely fixated about 20 feet below it I nearly jumped out of my skin!! I jumped up and leaped backwards so fast I just about went over the other side of the boat! When I calmed down, put my heart back in my chest, and realized it wasn't a sea monster, the manatee just made the sights of that morning even more memorable.

Second one - My wife and I were skin diving off the coast of Maui at a volcanic atoll known as Molokini. The Molokini crater is world renowned for the diving with visibility often exceeding 150 feet. Outside the crater the walls of the volcano drop off steeply into the abyss. We were diving right along the edge. It was an eerie feeling going out past the edge of the crater because the water depth drops off from about 70 feet to about 600-800 feet in the blink of an eye. So, you go from hovering over a bottom which is right there, to a blue abyss with no bottom in sight. Almost makes you feel like you're going to fall over the edge (kind of hard to describe that feeling).

I was marveling at how the sunlight formed these like shimmering curtains in the blue water. All of a sudden this massive dark object went by in the distance. Whatever it was, was HUGE! It was either a whale or a submarine. It was too far off to make out what it was exactly, other than just being giant and black. There was no sound, just this huge object passing by in the darkness of the depths below. It was way bigger than any fish, or shark, etc. It was absolutely monstrous! That kind of spooked me and we headed back to the boat.

Neither story is really "unexplainable", just more startling than anything.

That's all I got.

posted on Sep, 20 2021 @ 11:22 AM
link   

That does look fun, where did you learn to build these kind of shelters?

I’ve been buying some survival books but haven’t seen this particular method as of yet.

Keep up the good work.

posted on Sep, 20 2021 @ 11:31 AM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

I would have been followed back to the boat with a brown ooze. I had a bad experience wind surfing, a bloom of jellyfish invaded the small inlet I was surfing in and I wasn’t sure of the species so stopped and pulled all my limbs on board to wait on them to pass, literally millions of them. Similar to you I was just enjoying the peace and quiet spectacle when a 20ft basking shark swims under me about 3 ft from the surface. At the time I didn’t know what a basking shark was so suffice to say i got back on that board and never moved so quick on water in all my life. That wetsuit needed a good hosing.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join