It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Have you ever witnessed something offshore or elsewhere you can’t explain

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 18 2021 @ 08:35 AM
link   
I want to thank MykeNukem for giving me the idea and inspiration to write this after reading the OP, “101 years old and still hauling Lobster Pots”.

I’ll give two examples.....🤪

Let me try to explain and draw the best picture I can for you of one absolutely insane incident that happened back in 92 or 93 I think.

There were quite a few boats working the bottom within a 12 mile radius when the VHF suddenly BLEW UP with a frantic call.

It began with someone keying the mike on the VHF radio and literally yelling, “what is that, does anyone see this bubble of water over here?”

We were far enough offshore so no land based VHF could possibly have heard all of this. VHF radio has limited range unlike the single side band radios we also had onboard.
We pretty much used channel 64 while working offshore to transmit fleet-wide to those in range.
Channel 16 is the official Coast Gaurd channel for emergencies.

We all used to make collect phone calls home over the VHF radio through the Marine Operator when homeward bound at trips end to let loved ones know we were safe and on our way in but we had to be close enough to land for the marine operator to be able pick us up.

VHF stands for Very High Frequency.

OK, so try to picture in your mind a flat white sheet on your bed with a basketball under it and the ball rolling around the bed under the sheet but while it does so it does not disturb the sheet in any other way than simply lifting it up.
No wrinkles, no folds, nothing but a rounded lump moving around the bed.

Now take that same picture and apply it to a calm ocean surface. See it?

This lump or bubble raced all around for about 20 minutes, probably more, time seemed to slow. It passed by our boat about thirty yards off and it appeared to be just a smooth lump maybe 8 feet high or so.

The numbers here are not important really so try to focus on the meat on the story.

This bubble or lump passed between two boats that were towing past each other by a distance of at most 150 yards and it then circled them three times then moving away it circled maybe a half dozen other boats that were within a mile or so of each other.

For a while it traveled back and forth with no apparent reason for the directions it chose.

This bubble did not change direction as one would expect on the water but rather it would be going one direction and then it would just be going in another direction. It was so weird!!!

The craziest thing this lump did was come straight at one boat from it’s starboard side and as it approached it slowly lowered into the water and disappeared then it slowly surfaced again as it moved away from the boats port side and off to the East where disappeared forever.

Everyone agreed this lump of water was doing maybe 20-25 knots the entire time. We all compared notes for five or ten minutes then the entire subject was just dropped like a red hot rock.

I’ve never again heard it talked about around the docks, not once, not ever. I certainly didn’t bring it up.

It’s weird now as I look back, everyone just clammed up, period.

It scared the crap out of me and the other guys awake on our boat who got to witness it I can tell you that! Five of us.

Maybe that’s why it was never spoken of again, at least to my knowledge it wasn’t.
Maybe that and the fear of being laughed at, becoming laughing stocks amongst the fleet, IDK.

Well, that’s one story....believe what you will....🤪

Another time, way up on the edge during a winter blow in the wee hours of morning and in the glare of the powerful sodium overhead floodlights that bathed the decks in an ugly orange/yellow light, I saw for just a split second, I thought I saw what looked like a Merman just under the face of a smooth wave between the patches of ocean froth the wind and waves create.

I could see the webbed fingers of both hands and a ridge on it’s head that kind of reminded me of a rooster.
It’s eyes BLAZED WHITE when we seemed to notice each other, then poof, it was gone.

Wether real or not, that was Creepy AF!

Yeah, one see’s weird chit offshore.

Especially in fog!

Phew......seriously weird stuff!
edit on 08-19-2021 by PiratesCut because: words

edit on 08-19-2021 by PiratesCut because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 18 2021 @ 08:49 AM
link   
No bow wave coming off the blob?
That’s putting on some pace as well!
Dude.
a reply to: PiratesCut

posted on Sep, 18 2021 @ 08:59 AM
link   
Nothing, it affected the water in one way only, to raise it up into a lump as it traveled.

In no other way did affect the surface, NOTHING!!!

And the way it changed direction. Instantaneously with no disturbance.

Weird AF!!!

posted on Sep, 18 2021 @ 09:29 AM
link   

I bet you have seen some other crazy #### as well probably had a couple near death experiences with all those years on the ocean.

Waiting for more stories..

posted on Sep, 18 2021 @ 09:46 AM
link   

Yes, but it's not a story i can share publicly. I never believed in ghosts or demonic entities until i was propositioned by one.

posted on Sep, 18 2021 @ 09:52 AM
link   

My brother and I were on an island and saw a ufo....he went out and filmed the sky for a couple of years trying to prove it and capture it on film.
The sad part is that I had a camera a foot away and it never even occurred to me to pick it up....I was in shock mode.

For fun sake, here is where I was.

posted on Sep, 18 2021 @ 10:05 AM
link   
I've seen something that still comes back to my mind.it was war time in ex Jugoslavia and i was 14 years old,we had that dimmed lights policy and windows were all covered at night and no street lights in town.it was around 23 hours and i was going home alone,i noticed something in the air that no way fits anywhere.3 lights in the triangle formation that belong to same shaped object. It looked really far away,lights were changing color so the whole thing looked like spinning but than in the blink of an eye it was close above me and the lights were football field apart.it was not spinning but the lights were changing in order giving the impression of spinning,i could see the dark triangle shape but still i couldn't say how far it actually is,it looked like couple hundred meters up in the air.i could not move at all for few seconds, what was going through my mind i don't want to share...
I heard footsteps that brought me back from being paralyzed and somehow i moved my head and i saw my neighbor walking towards me. I pointed my finger to the air and told him what to hell is that and guess what there was nothing.
I still can't decide if it was real or somehow projected to the sky or even my brain,but the impact on me was tremendous,that night i was shaking in fear and couldn't sleep and for the few days after that i couldn't think of anything else...
Anyway im happy with that today,and i was hoping to see it again one day,that's why i go out at night to smoke and look out to the sky.

posted on Sep, 18 2021 @ 10:09 AM
link   
Awesome placed to camp!!!

There’s a small island here, CuttyHunk.

In high-school during the 70’s we’d camp in the abandoned Live Saving Station way out on the Eastern tip of the island.

Someone re-built it into a home years later.

Punch these numbers into Google Earth search to view it.

41.422500, -70.911944

Cheers!......

a reply to: DrumsRfun

edit on 08-19-2021 by PiratesCut because: spelling matters

posted on Sep, 18 2021 @ 10:17 AM
link   
WOW!
Ever consider that more may have actually happened that you don’t remember? 🤔

a reply to: xandback

posted on Sep, 18 2021 @ 10:18 AM
link   
Phew, I could write for weeks.
Working on it.

Thanks!!’n

a reply to: sciencelol

posted on Sep, 18 2021 @ 10:19 AM
link   

I do a fair bit of camping myself.

Just back from a fishing trip here.

View from my tent:

posted on Sep, 18 2021 @ 10:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: PiratesCut
WOW!
Ever consider that more may have actually happened that you don’t remember? 🤔

Afterwards i was in my bed shaking,sweating,looking at roof window placed directly above and occasionally checking what time was.04 am was last i remember. Im positive that there were no time slip.
Today i believe the fear i felt was somehow mutual to show me that im not ready for whatever it was.

posted on Sep, 18 2021 @ 10:56 AM
link   
a reply to: Grenade

I envy you...beautiful spot!!!
I am a big camping and fishing enthusiast to say the least.
There is NEVER anything wrong with staring at the stars as you fall asleep.

posted on Sep, 18 2021 @ 11:18 AM
link   
a reply to: DrumsRfun

It's near a place called Inversnaid on the East bank of Loch Lomond. The West bank is the tourist spot and camping is permitted however i go full on wild camping, hole in the ground for a toilet and open fire cooking etc. Only one single track road in and out then about a mile trek to where i camp, you get the odd walker but no road traffic or noise.

It's my favourite place in the world to be, one of the only times in a year i will polish off a bottle of whisky while chilling out beside the fire.

As for the fishing, this year was crap, not sure if the Scottish lochs have been over-fished or the trout are line shy but in two days all i got was a 1lb perch and a couple of extremely energetic eels. Back in the 90's fishing on the bottom with maggot bait i would pull out 20+ brown/rainbow/sea trout in one weekend. I've even caught a few Powan although not for years.

WARNING: Anyone who fishes in the trossachs should be prepared for a good munching by the local midgie population. I lost count at about 200 bites this year. For newcomers it can be a shock to the system but i've become accustomed to it and don't even notice it. You do feel like a little bit of a leper for the next few weeks as the bites heal.
edit on 18/9/21 by Grenade because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 18 2021 @ 11:47 AM
link   
My buddy had a house that overlooks Boston harbor. It was a foggy morning over the harbor but could see the shore and a few hundred feet out. I work in the area and have been for 11+ years I know what planes look like.

These 3 that looked like stealth planes but way smaller went up the shore line and then disappeared into the fog.

We both looked at eachother and knew we saw something strange.

Also saw someone get shot from that balcony that was great.
edit on 9/18/2021 by 5ofineed5aladder because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 18 2021 @ 12:03 PM
link   
Awesome!!!

I do believe you and I would have gotten on very well in my younger years.
We camped in so many raw and wild places as well.
If you used those lat/long numbers to view the island I mentioned back in 1974, I was in grade 10, we took the ferry to the island for April vacation.
The ferry only sails on Sunday and Thursday in April so once on island we were there to stay.
Cuttyhunk is a bleak wind-swept island in April and the cold forced us to zip two sleeping bags together in to which the three of us climbed in for mutual warmth.

That damn Bell Buoy ringing all night from the Southerly near-gale located just South of Canapitsit Pass drove me out of my mind.

In the Summer however, OMG, what fun! I could go on and on for hours of the things we did there.

Swimming over to the next island which is private was a fun yet risky thing to do. If you timed it wrong you’d be swept out into open water.....

One of the funnest weeks was when the New York Yacht Club arrived in the outer harbor just off the beach from the old shack we camped in was crazy.

There had to be 100 campfires dotting the beach each night and smoking hot and very friendly New York girls were everywhere....hehehe.
They luuuvd local boys.....😎

Thanks for this..,.

What fun!!!!!

a reply to: Grenade

posted on Sep, 18 2021 @ 12:14 PM
link   
FOG, the things you see in fog offshore.
Phew.....
I have many stories of the unexplained stuff we saw out there, dozens.
The fighters out of Otis use to buzz us offshore.
They used us for for mock bombing runs.
I’d be bent over picking the pile when when would screech overhead at 500 knots and I’d jump 2 feet off the deck.
The best is when they come down 50 feet off the water with landing gear down wagging their wings at us maybe 50 yards out, then the gear was pulled back in abd two white hot streaks would blaze out of the tail in full after-burner and snap.......GONE!!
I have goosebumps right now as I type this!!! 😆

Keep em coming!!!

I love it, thanks!

a reply to: 5ofineed5aladder

posted on Sep, 18 2021 @ 12:30 PM
link   

Was your whole butt kinda' sore afterwards???

How about your butt 'whole'?

posted on Sep, 18 2021 @ 12:32 PM
link   

Thanks for the hat tip.

Sounds even scarier being on a boat with no where to go while you witness these "abnormalities". Phew is right, lol.

I've crossed the Bay of Fundy on a ferry and I've crossed over to Vancouver Island on a ferry, that's the extent of my ocean experience.

I've seem some wild things on the Great Lakes, but that mostly had to do with wildlife, like canoeing next to a 1400LB Bull Moose one time, that was cool.

Great threads Man, takes my mind off the #show we're currently living.

posted on Sep, 18 2021 @ 01:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk
Lol man you are taking it to the "whole"another level

top topics

<<   2 >>

join