It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I'm Sad...very sad!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 18 2021 @ 07:40 AM
link   
Just a side note...when I say 'people trying to steal everything', I principally mean the government and society, not so much hackers and such.

But I guess scum and corruption is scum and corruption, no matter how you slice it.

posted on Sep, 18 2021 @ 07:52 AM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

Me too, FCD. Wife is Soc Worker, 10 years younger.

2 cars paid, 2 homes n cottage, zero debt, have ex. credit, don't use any credit cards.

In my pocket I just carry a debit card. And, we just pay lights, gas, insur...no medical or other co-pays really.

We've been this solvent for over 10 yrs.

posted on Sep, 18 2021 @ 08:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: Dalamax
Amen. Steer your vessel, don’t drift with the tides.

a reply to: ketsuko

Oh, I'm still steerin'.

It's just that the ice is closing in.

posted on Sep, 18 2021 @ 08:38 AM
link   
Wicked dude.

posted on Sep, 18 2021 @ 08:43 AM
link   
a reply to: mysterioustranger

That's all I do too.

Plus all the equipment is paid for too (4 trucks, 3 cars, 3 tractors, implements, trailers and a skidsteer loader). I did finance one of the tractors and the skidsteer just because I didn't want to lay out that much cash reserves, but everything else was cash. In any case it's all paid off now.

I'm proud of all that, hence my frustration. Just makes me mad/sad that everyone is aiming to make all that effort 'their' property.

edit on 9/18/2021 by Flyingclaydisk because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 18 2021 @ 09:13 AM
link   

Be glad you n she are fluid. You know. It'll be important one day for you both.

Money isn't our worry, bills, debt isn't really there. We do, go wherever.

You n me talked before...and I said you seem to be the busiest, busy person, aching shoulder or not...that I know.

Mr. Disc...u and she are in a unique, mobile situation...and that....put you and me...a bit ahead.

Don't be sad in being prepared.

posted on Sep, 18 2021 @ 10:11 AM
link   

The darkest hour is just before the dawn. Those of us who stand tall will come out the other side stronger my friend.

posted on Sep, 18 2021 @ 10:19 AM
link   

Ah, you have finally choked down the red pill.

Same boat. When the Democrats rolled out Teresa Ghilarducci on how to steal everyone's retirement I knew that dream was over.

When the Democrats implemented individual mandates on having health insurance enforced by the IRS and then wanted to ensure you could not write off medical debt and the IRS could take your assets to make you pay I knew we were really done.

posted on Sep, 18 2021 @ 10:24 AM
link   
Ignorance is bliss and from your post history and my interactions with you crush up the blue pill and spank it preferring a life of ignorant bliss and detachment.

The way you reply to people is funny. “You guys” your talking to one single person called flying clay disc.
But we know you mean everyone on your perceived right.

a reply to: MiddleInsite

posted on Sep, 18 2021 @ 10:30 AM
link   
a reply to: MiddleInsite

So, bury our heads in the sand and submit to ignorance?

Great advice.

It's easy to placate idiots with a few holidays and some retail therapy, some people need more stimulus and have more depth to their thinking.
edit on 18/9/21 by Grenade because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 18 2021 @ 11:25 AM
link   
Man I feel for you and have much the same mindset these days. Some days I just spiral into depression.

The price of feed has gone up 25% and I'm losing interest in maintaining it all for the amount of work it is. I used to show my animals and covid kinda killed it and now I can't participate without vax so that little bit of fun and community that offset the work is gone. I'm all paid off in everything too except have very little income though it's much better than debt at my age.

I'd plans to finish my house and try to set up a farm airbnb type thing but that involved an open society where people were free to move about. I know people will say I'm being a sore loser but in reality everything I ever did was about reclaiming my freedom in society. I feel broken. Sorry have nothing more positive to say. Guess time will tell for all of us.

Hang in there FCD.

posted on Sep, 18 2021 @ 11:58 AM
link   
a reply to: TheMirrorSelf

Music is not dead.

A friend of mine is a composer in NYC. His work has played on SiriusXM and featured on a number of venues.

His Latest album dropped just the other day.

Keep plugging! Never give up!

FCD, as W.C. Fields is supposed to have said, "You can't cheat an honest man".

You worked hard to get where you are, no one can take that from you; even if you lost all your "worldly possessions" (and circumstances are finding more folks in such straits), you have gained the knowledge and skills to survive.

You just need the Will to do so.

In the past, you noted the physical pain(s) you've had to endure. Pain leaves a scar on the soul, it saps the will and poisons the soul if left untreated. You may scoff at the idea that you could be "so weak", but the poison is subtle, and insidious: I can hear it in your lament - it often sounds like despair.

Don't worry about what you might lose in the future, think about what you can enjoy in the present.

"BARK LESS, WAG MORE!"

posted on Sep, 18 2021 @ 08:24 PM
link   

Buddy, that is everybody. Taint anything unique.

But, we all want to cone out on the other side, on top.

FCD, it will happen!

Maybe not the work slot you wanted but maybe a place where you didn’t even consider (just happened to me. And you have so much experience in so many different fields that you you will do great things!!)
edit on 18-9-2021 by TEOTWAWKIAIFF because: Punctuation

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join