It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I'm Sad...very sad!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+14 more 
posted on Sep, 17 2021 @ 10:36 PM
link   
I worked my whole life looking forward to a retirement of relaxation and nice things. My wife and I spent decades carefully putting money away so we could be comfortable and enjoy our retirement years.

We have house plans and property plans. We paid off all of our debts, including our mortgages and our ranch property. We have no bills, no car payments, no land payments, nothing. Just property tax and insurance payments of course. Not even any credit cards.

Now, as I look forward to the future, I can't see happiness and relaxation. All I see is people trying to steal everything we've ever worked for, and times just getting progressively worse.

I'm sad.

This sucks!

posted on Sep, 17 2021 @ 10:43 PM
link   
Cheer up dude.

You have no debt and it is my understanding that fact alone puts you in a position many of your countrymen can only dream of.

Be at peace and find solace in your patch of the world.

a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

posted on Sep, 17 2021 @ 10:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: Flyingclaydisk
I worked my whole life looking forward to a retirement of relaxation and nice things. My wife and I spent decades carefully putting money away so we could be comfortable and enjoy our retirement years.

We have house plans and property plans. We paid off all of our debts, including our mortgages and our ranch property. We have no bills, no car payments, no land payments, nothing. Just property tax and insurance payments of course. Not even any credit cards.

Now, as I look forward to the future, I can't see happiness and relaxation. All I see is people trying to steal everything we've ever worked for, and times just getting progressively worse.

I'm sad.

This sucks!

I am very much there with you. I'm retired from the Army, and all the things I really wanted to do with that retirement seem lopped off. I have no wife, kids or really family to speak of, I'm a free guy. But...what do you do with that. I'm a musician, music's dead. I live in LA presently (you know, the town with ALOT of music). Well, starting Oct 7th you have to present a vax card to enter restaurants, bars or clubs, or as it's known in LA...where music is performed. I thought about going to school on a lark...mostly all Zoom classes now. Travelling the world...gonna need a vax passport soon (if not already). I just feel like so many things have been taken from us, and that is sad. Hell, at least you and I had some good years, imagine what it must be like to be a kid today. Talk about people being robbed...to have your wonder years stolen. That is a crime...

posted on Sep, 17 2021 @ 10:50 PM
link   

F them.

If they trying to go to school type stuff be thy only potential exceptions.

Just dont look foward to after all that lay in bed watching TV all day. You still have to work like all the time, to live. Otherwise you're playing at de facto depression. And thats deadly.
edit on 17-9-2021 by BrightlyDark because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 17 2021 @ 11:18 PM
link   
Mostly not stealing what you have, conning you out of it is worse than stealing it from you. Deceivers hacking your accounts and wheeling away the money or people trying to talk you into investing in their things or promising a deal too good to be true.

Also it seems like the medical industry wants our money and will send you for tests that are unnecessary so they will have the money to pay their bills and salaries and wages of their workers. They have been led to believe in false narratives a lot of times, they actually believe they are helping you because they won't accept that these procedures are not necessary because they are brainwashed to believe that way.

There are no laws that make it illegal to sell someone a product or service they really do not need...Let the buyer beware. I am not saying all doctors are that way, just that there are lots of them out there that do. And we are being conditioned to ask the doctor, almost demand some times, to get prescriptions that are not necessary with advertising on the television.

There are simple meds out there that are cheap and treat diseases, new and expensive is not always better.

As far as appliances, if you buy a two grand fridge with all the fringes instead of a plain jane model, most often the expensive one is not going to last longer, in fact since people who can afford to buy a prestigious looking fridge or appliance can afford to buy them again, they often do not last as long. I learned that from someone working in a Lowes store, he said that is what he was told from the factory rep giving a presentation on sales. Also bonuses are often paid on expensive stuff to increase sales and profits at some places.

We deceive ourselves a lot too, buy a tool and to justify it you start doing a lot with it which leads to spending more on supplies to make or repair things. We want to believe that we were justified in purchasing that tool or appliance. Getting old and experiencing things and discussing things with people in the industry gives you insight and shows you that wants and not needs lead to a person being a slave to society. The rat race is not good, it causes us a lot of grief.

posted on Sep, 17 2021 @ 11:20 PM
link   

Take some of that hard earned wealth and hire the best financial advisor you can (just get robbed once).

You can setup a few tax loops and still leave your offspring or charity something most never can obtain, generational wealth.

posted on Sep, 18 2021 @ 12:18 AM
link   

Protect your family and your health.

Material things will not give you true happiness. Love does.

We live in uncertain times. We see change on the horizon. Change is uncomfortable.

You can and will weather the storm of change. What pushes us out of our comfort zone, can lead to closer, stronger relationships, and inner strength.

You will be fine. You've got this!

posted on Sep, 18 2021 @ 12:24 AM
link   

I don't do debt either...you'll be ok.
Yes it sucks but its not going to change anytime soon.
You are ahead of the game by not having debts and thats HUGE!!

I'm a strategy guy, you are ahead of the curve, use it to your advantage.

posted on Sep, 18 2021 @ 12:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: Flyingclaydisk

I'm sad.

This sucks!

I feel the same way. Is there really a risk of these things happening? Or maybe we're overly worried? I'm hoping we just are.

posted on Sep, 18 2021 @ 12:50 AM
link   
a reply to: TheMirrorSelf

If you're retired, you may be 60+. Did you know that CSU colleges will give you free tuition to study whatever you want? This isn't dopey stuff for only senior citizens, it's regular classes. You can get a bachelors (but not a second one usually) or a master's degree. You have to be in a program, can't just take classes willy nilly but there's no rule saying if you can't take a course in Russian language if you're a computer science grad student.

As for vax, you might need proof depending on the campus (I don't know) but you can also request an exemption, and it's pretty automatic if you take only online classes.

posted on Sep, 18 2021 @ 01:03 AM
link   
When the boat sinks, at least you'll be treading water. Many more will drown.

So there's that.

posted on Sep, 18 2021 @ 03:17 AM
link   
Heard this one years ago down on the docks.
Running on full, empty AF.
One day it hit me.....Damn.
Hang in there, we do have these days....

posted on Sep, 18 2021 @ 03:59 AM
link   
It's your mindset that's killing you.

Drop the internet conspiracy BS and start living a real life. Go out. vacation, etc.

You've bought into the lies, and what you guys don't understand, it's destroying your lives and eating at your happiness.

Move to a place where taxes are low and freedom is high, SUPPOSIDLY. Try Florida or Texas.

Everyday is a joy for me, regardless of what's happening in Washington D.C. You need to get away from it.

posted on Sep, 18 2021 @ 04:34 AM
link   
I love it how you tell the guy with the farm to "get a real life".

posted on Sep, 18 2021 @ 05:13 AM
link   
Everyday, however, should be a joy and full of wonder.

a reply to: ThatDamnDuckAgain

posted on Sep, 18 2021 @ 05:53 AM
link   
Worrying does not take away from tomorrows troubles it does take away today's peace.

I saw that on a Church sign and liked it FCD!

We think we have tomorrow most of the time but really don't know that we even have tomorrow.
I take all this non sense around us one day at a time and try to enjoy every day as much as I can knowing that I am running out of time and there is little time for regret and sorrow.

We lost the heart of our property to the bank and now have to rent it from a friend.
1 Commercial Truck bay in 1 building and 4 Truck bays in a 2nd building.
Had he not bought it we would have been out cold.

posted on Sep, 18 2021 @ 06:02 AM
link   
FCD?

Anyone seen where that feller went?

Anyway. You have cyber support here mate, possibly physically in your native land, maybe even in your resident state and hopefully in your general vicinity.

posted on Sep, 18 2021 @ 06:51 AM
link   
a reply to: MiddleInsite

So ... you're suggesting he move away from blue utopia Colorado? But, but those are the safest and besterest places to be!

posted on Sep, 18 2021 @ 06:53 AM
link   
We'll all make it one way or another. Just because the world around us changes doesn't mean that life does, and life finds a way.

I've always found that God takes care of me. It is said that He provides, and he always has. I have faith. What we have here is all so much dust in the end anyhow, and that's something we try to stress to our kiddo - the stuff? It can always be replaced. It's the people that can't. So I try not to stress the material too much. It comes and it goes, and somehow, He makes sure we always have what we need, even if it's only just.

posted on Sep, 18 2021 @ 07:17 AM
link   
Amen. Steer your vessel, don’t drift with the tides.

a reply to: ketsuko

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join