It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

General says it is unlikely ISIS-K members killed in August Kabul drone strike...killed 10 civilians

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 17 2021 @ 03:59 PM
link   
Well....this just goes to show the complete incompetence even more.

Killed 10 civilians....great job Joe!

They were all hailing this strike as great and needed to fend off an immediate threat. Looks like there was no threat and the administration got played by the Taliban to make them look even more incompetent than they already are.

Sad for these families.

www.foxnews.com...

Head of the United States Central Command Gen. Kenneth F. McKenzie Jr. announced Friday that it is unlikely any ISIS-K members were killed in a Kabul drone strike on August 29, which led to multiple civilian casualties.

"We now assess that it is unlikely that the vehicle and those who died were associated with ISIS-K or a direct threat to US forces," McKenzie said of the airstrike at a briefing, following an investigation by the Military.

"This strike was taken in the earnest belief that it would prevent an imminent threat to our forces and the evacuees at the airport, but it was a mistake and I offer my sincere apology," Mckenzie said, adding that he is "fully responsible for this strike and this tragic outcome."

The drone strike, which was intended to target ISIS-K operatives, resulted in the deaths of an aid worker and up to nine of his family members, including seven children. According to U.S. officials, the strike on the vehicle, formerly believed to have been a threat that included bombs and that was operated by ISIS-K militants, took place after a suicide bombing at Kabul airport in Afghanistan killed 13 U.S. service members and civilians.

So...they just killed off an entire generation of a family.

Can it get any more incompetent than that?
edit on 9/17/21 by Vasa Croe because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 17 2021 @ 04:02 PM
link   
At least Mckenzie apologized. Lets see how the commander in chief handles it. I suspect the strong desire to show a successful 'revenge' for the day before was a driver.

posted on Sep, 17 2021 @ 04:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: Halfswede
At least Mckenzie apologized. Lets see how the commander in chief handles it. I suspect the strong desire to show a successful 'revenge' for the day before was a driver.

Yeah....whoops....sorry for wiping out you entire family and any generations that could have come after.

10 people from the same family....7 children....

Fairly certain this is how you create terrorists. I certainly wouldn't be accepting any apology after this.

posted on Sep, 17 2021 @ 04:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Vasa Croe

Nope, we didn't kill 10 members of ISIS, we just made 100 more...

posted on Sep, 17 2021 @ 04:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: Vasa Croe

originally posted by: Halfswede

Yeah....whoops....sorry for wiping out you entire family and any generations that could have come after.

10 people from the same family....7 children....

Fairly certain this is how you create terrorists. I certainly wouldn't be accepting any apology after this.

I was in no way giving the general the clear, but when something like this happens, all you have left is admitting the mistake, and making the apology or reparations. Doing nothing is even lower. So far Biden has ignored the issue altogether which definitely makes terrorists and he has definitely known for some time.
edit on 17-9-2021 by Halfswede because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 17 2021 @ 04:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheMirrorSelf

Theme of the war on terror.

posted on Sep, 17 2021 @ 04:20 PM
link   

Joe following in Obama's footsteps. He learned from the best, folks

posted on Sep, 17 2021 @ 04:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: NHow1982

Joe following in Obama's footsteps. He learned from the best, folks

I would love to see whatever Intel report they had that gave them "reasonable confidence" that a carload of children was an immediate threat.

This screams of incompetency....how do you have reasonable confidence in Intel and get it exactly wrong? Maybe they just gave Joe the controller himself and he didn't like the look of the van and he knew in his heart it was evil so he blew it up.

Would suck to be the pilot of that drone and having trusted your superiors that the Intel was good and you just blew up 10 innocent civilians and children.

posted on Sep, 17 2021 @ 04:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: CriticalStinker

originally posted by: TheMirrorSelf

Theme of the war on terror.

There's actually an intelligence term for the concept, it's called...blowback.

posted on Sep, 17 2021 @ 04:29 PM
link   

Nowadays I just assume they're #ing up on purpose. There is no way they could continually mess up the situation even worse with all the intelligence and technology available to them.

To be this bad takes effort

posted on Sep, 17 2021 @ 04:30 PM
link   

Nowadays I just assume they're #ing up on purpose. There is no way they could continually mess up the situation even worse with all the intelligence and technology available to them.

They should just start saying they guessed. It would be about as accurate.

posted on Sep, 17 2021 @ 04:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: Vasa Croe

They should just start saying they guessed. It would be about as accurate.

Be really honest and just say you wanted revenge and picked the target at random....

posted on Sep, 17 2021 @ 04:36 PM
link   
Remember the OUTRAGE when potus45 took out a legitimate Iranian General/ terrorist ?

The contrast is stark here ... And showing others as well as MSMs hand to those who still need to be shown....Hypocrisy at its finest...

edit on 9172021 by MetalThunder because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 17 2021 @ 05:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: MetalThunder
Remember the OUTRAGE when potus45 took out a legitimate Iranian General/ terrorist ?

The contrast is stark here ... And showing others as well as MSMs hand to those who still need to be shown....Hypocrisy at its finest...

Yep....I'm old enough to remember when WaPo called Soleimani Irans most revered military leader after Trump took him out.

“Breaking news: Airstrike at Baghdad airport kills Iran’s most revered military leader, Qasem Soleimani, Iraqi state television reports,” the WaPo headline read. 

posted on Sep, 17 2021 @ 05:06 PM
link   
Hearing the secondary explosions they originally said they attributed to bomb material were actually just a propane tank on the back if the vehicle.

How could they not tell the difference between a massive car bomb going off versus a propane tank?

Yet more incompetence...

posted on Sep, 17 2021 @ 05:08 PM
link   
So mckenzie was ordered to fall on his sword...

Yet the people responsible for that train wreck will continue to skate, irritated doesnt really cover what I feel right now.

I remember hearing how they had "intel" on that car but somehow everyone was surprised by the suicide bombers.

posted on Sep, 17 2021 @ 05:31 PM
link   
A most heinous real world example of "Wagging the dog."
An out of control dithering president and his yes men attempting to fabricate a high level ISIS target kill for distraction from their own wicked dereliction of duty.

An aid worker(the father)and his children blown to pieces outside thier own home by a robot in the sky.

Sometimes I feel sick just being a part of the world this kind of # happens in.

posted on Sep, 17 2021 @ 05:43 PM
link   
Suppose they didn’t have a forward observer to confirm the target and the coordinates for the strike. Or if they did have an FO that person is a monster. Guess we will never know how they got the coordinates at that particular moment in time and who confirmed the target.

posted on Sep, 17 2021 @ 05:51 PM
link   
Isn't "they killed 10 civilians!" something ISIS would say?

Besides it's the CIA and the military who make the kill call, so the general should take that up with them.

posted on Sep, 17 2021 @ 05:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: Brotherman
Suppose they didn’t have a forward observer to confirm the target and the coordinates for the strike. Or if they did have an FO that person is a monster. Guess we will never know how they got the coordinates at that particular moment in time and who confirmed the target.

It's likely their FO was taliban and did it to make the US look bad. But yeah....let's trust the terrorists to let us know the targets and to get our people to safety.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join