It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Scum Hackers

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 17 2021 @ 05:20 PM
link   
Do your kids have cell phones, laptops or tablets at school on a network? It's probably ok....

posted on Sep, 17 2021 @ 11:53 PM
link   
I hate to break it to you guys but you’re currently on a private and public network simultaneously- otherwise you wouldn’t be able to post to ATS…

Maybe google the difference?

As for windows’ public vs private network toggle- if it’s set to public it thinks you’re at a coffee shop, airport etc. So the firewall is more stringent, automatic network discovery and file shares get switched off. If it’s set to private it thinks you’re at home or work - a location where the router has an independent firewall and you know the other devices on said network are known and trusted. So it makes perfect sense, at least to someone with a background in networking.

If my fellow boomers here have any further questions please ask

posted on Sep, 18 2021 @ 03:22 AM
link   
a reply to: GreenGunther

ok thanks, so that's what it is, your PC thinks you're out in public places using the net, so it stops other users being able to hack or see what you're doing? So, that's what the description means in windows... you're OUT in public!

Got it. I'll stick to Public then.

posted on Sep, 18 2021 @ 07:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: Superecho2021
a reply to: jerich0

And the one and true expert has arrived everyone !! Yet has nothing to say as likely has no clue

To conclude.

Show me how my WiFi can be hacked. And don't bring up Kali linux with all it's toys. Explain in detail what it is you think can hack my WiFi. Without rockyou or something else feeble that could not possible contain my password.

Show me how my bluetooth can be hacked, when it requires both ends of the connection to acknowledge each other.

You can't. Your claims are bunk, and look at all the people who don't know better falling for it.

good lord. if you think social media is a form of hacking, you know, pretending to be someone etc, that's called social engineering. And worked long before WWW.

It's about how you secure things. If your password is actually password, then yes.. you're an idiot. If you let some random on a phone call steal $200 from you for microsoft security updates using gift cards, you're an idiot.

bottom line is, don't be an idiot. And stop fear mongering. FUD is not a thing, if you keep your brain open.

God, even the recent spate of phone scams where people get "You pakage is 1bout to be d3liver. click her for traking!" scams, are so flaming obvious, you'd have to be retarded to fall for it.. And even then, you NEED to download the apk file.

shameful... shameful fear mongering.

posted on Sep, 18 2021 @ 11:44 AM
link   
a reply to: CrazeeWorld777

This is one of those cases where they change the perspective and subject. They are asking you to declare whether you are connected to a public / private network, but this comes into another issue when it asks to work with the firewall.

Essentially you have to select public network for the OS to secure your computer lab traffic, but if you want to use stuff, make sure you allow it somewhat temporarily to connect on a public network - but make sure you aren't on an actual public network and doing this.

Have a good firewall setup for actual public networks like wifi coffee shops etc

posted on Sep, 18 2021 @ 01:44 PM
link   
a reply to: mindlessRationality

Got ya.

posted on Sep, 20 2021 @ 10:53 AM
link   

“ It's about how you secure things.”

That’s it in a nut shell. Most people do not know or bother to secure Bluetooth. I was at a red light last night and turned on my Bluetooth and the dumbass in front of me had his device discoverable with his full name as the device name. Chances are he didn’t have any other settings set to keep me from connecting.

Apple phones have airdrop where you can send every apple phone with it turned on pictures or text. It comes automatically turned on so not many turned off. A picture of a cute kid or cat, some dummy will save it to their phone, the picture can be loaded with a key logger and they would never know, now thru Bluetooth I know your passwords and every account you have on the phone. On a plane, not going anywhere for 2 to 4 hours and chances are you will check accounts logging in to each. Done. Hacked.

WiFi can be accessed from the street in front of your house. Passwords help but are not as strong as some believe and hacked. An email to your account disgusted as from your bank…hacked. Some of the biggest companies in the world have been hacked using those WiFi methods son.

Project Veritas just transferred 160 thousand dollars to unknown hackers that convinced them they were their own attorneys. Anybody anywhere can be hacked…usually those like you that think they are impervious to it that lose the mosr

posted on Nov, 22 2021 @ 10:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: GreenGunther
I hate to break it to you guys but you’re currently on a private and public network simultaneously- otherwise you wouldn’t be able to post to ATS…

Maybe google the difference?

As for windows’ public vs private network toggle- if it’s set to public it thinks you’re at a coffee shop, airport etc. So the firewall is more stringent, automatic network discovery and file shares get switched off. If it’s set to private it thinks you’re at home or work - a location where the router has an independent firewall and you know the other devices on said network are known and trusted. So it makes perfect sense, at least to someone with a background in networking.

If my fellow boomers here have any further questions please ask

I'm a Boomer and I know this . PC Technician for over 37 years with some network training as well as some programming, but PC repair and small system design was what I like doing. And I think you said it better than I could have other than adding that if you use network printer at home then setting your home connection as private just # on your being able to print.

(Yeah, I'm not always nice when confronting average users.)

edit on 22-11-2021 by Wolfie0827 because: For fat fingers

posted on Nov, 24 2021 @ 07:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: jerich0

originally posted by: Superecho2021

And the one and true expert has arrived everyone !! Yet has nothing to say as likely has no clue

To conclude.

Show me how my WiFi can be hacked. And don't bring up Kali linux with all it's toys. Explain in detail what it is you think can hack my WiFi. Without rockyou or something else feeble that could not possible contain my password.

Show me how my bluetooth can be hacked, when it requires both ends of the connection to acknowledge each other.

You can't. Your claims are bunk, and look at all the people who don't know better falling for it.

good lord. if you think social media is a form of hacking, you know, pretending to be someone etc, that's called social engineering. And worked long before WWW.

It's about how you secure things. If your password is actually password, then yes.. you're an idiot. If you let some random on a phone call steal $200 from you for microsoft security updates using gift cards, you're an idiot.

bottom line is, don't be an idiot. And stop fear mongering. FUD is not a thing, if you keep your brain open.

God, even the recent spate of phone scams where people get "You pakage is 1bout to be d3liver. click her for traking!" scams, are so flaming obvious, you'd have to be retarded to fall for it.. And even then, you NEED to download the apk file.

shameful... shameful fear mongering.

What?

Kali doesnt hack your wifi. An application that is included in Kali cracks your wifi password.

Very quickly.

And it can be run on any operating system.

Then, the attacker can logon to your wifi and proceed crack your router password.

And hate to break it to you, but the vast majority of routers have terrible password requirements.

Oh, and bluetooth?

One of the most insecure modern protocols there is. Well, outside of the protocols smart devices use.

The easiest way to hack bluetooth is scan your device to see what its connected to, then spoof that connection.

Bluetooth is so insecure, it publishes that information, so anyone with a scanning app can do this.

But i digress... when they have admin access to your router, they log all your traffic and start trying to crack the encrypted data theyve logged.

Or, they setup a man in the middle attack for the sites they want your data from, and when you type in your password or credit card info, they just take it...

Its not difficult as you think it is.

Dont believe me? Install aircrack-ng and hack your own wifi by following any of the thousands of tutorials online.

10 minutes for someone who has never done it before.
edit on 24-11-2021 by rounda because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1   >>

join