It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Kyle Rittenhouse Update

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 17 2021 @ 02:17 PM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

Hopefully he gets a fair trial, or the charges dropped.

He did exactly what the others would had done if the rolls reversed.

posted on Sep, 17 2021 @ 02:44 PM
link   
a reply to: FunshineCD

No he was given the rifle after crossing state lines, he did not cross state lines with the rifle, and it's not like he drove a long ways, it's like going to a neighboring city.

Jaden

posted on Sep, 17 2021 @ 02:48 PM
link   

You will say "I think" Not stating my thoughts as facts like most here do. If I remember right, He was a minor that crossed state lines with an illegal weapon and shot somebody. Does that sum it up?

This is what I recall as well. Here let me look it up for us.

Yes, he was a minor. Yes he crossed state lines. I don't know about the legality of his weapon.

''When McGinniss asked Rittenhouse why he was at the car dealership, he responded: "So, people are getting injured, and our job is to protect this business. Part of my job is also to help people. If there is somebody hurt, I'm running into harm's way. That's why I have my rifle, because I have to protect myself, obviously. I also have my med kit."'

He claims he was going there to help. Help with what?

''In response to the George Floyd protests, which preceded the Kenosha protests, former Kenosha alderman Kevin Mathewson announced the formation of a militia group he called the Kenosha Guard. On August 25, he put out a call on Facebook for "patriots willing to take up arms and defend" Kenosha, which received a heavy online response''

This may have been the spur that activated his desire to go to Kenosha.

However

''Kenosha Mayor John Antaramian and County Sheriff David Beth expressed their disapproval of armed civilians patrolling the streets,[23] while police officers were seen in a video giving them water and were heard saying, "We appreciate you guys, we really do.''

So the Sheriff and mayor both did not want armed civilians patrolling the streets. However a few officers were giving their personal approval. Those officers were not in line with their duty as proscribed by the county sheriff and mayor.

However

''Sheriff Beth later said that ahead of Tuesday night's protests, a group of armed individuals had asked him to deputize them so they could patrol the city of Kenosha, which he refused. He said he did not know if Rittenhouse had been part of the group, but the possibility of an incident occurring was why he had refused the request.''

I can find no reference to Rittenhouse working in concert with any other militia people, nor can I find any testimony of other people making claims that he was working with them, in the same cadre or group working under any form of organized assistance to local police authority. None.

He apparently had several skirmishes recorded on videos, none of which suggests anything other than that he was working as a lone individual.

From his own statement he believed he was putting himself in harms way. By his own statement he says he was going there to ''help''. Right there for me is the key. If one goes somewhere where help is needed, does one work alone? Would not one seek to work in concert with others were there to ''help''? Apparently he did not.

So until I hear about other militia volunteers who testify that they were with him, or that he had contacted any form of authority other than a couple of cops in the street, I have to go with he was off on a hunt as a lone vigilante. He got what he wanted. Some adrenaline pump and the chance to kill some people with hopes of making it smell right though the old ''self defense' defense.

posted on Sep, 17 2021 @ 02:54 PM
link   
a reply to: TerryMcGuire

He didn't cross state lines WITH a rifle, he crossed state lines, drove to a neighboring city, and was loaned a rifle from a friend. No different than going hunting with someone else's rifle. This is with the exception that in wisconsin, it is illegal to loan a weapon to someone under the age of 18.

Jaden

posted on Sep, 17 2021 @ 03:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Masterjaden

No, he was not given that rifle. He bought that rifle from a guy he knew in Wisconson so that he could pick it up there to use in his ''protecting''. The ''friend'' who bought it for him knew it was illegal for Writtenhouse to carry it in Wisconson and now faces charges of up to 25 years for his actions.

The story of how Wittenhouse came to hold that rifle that day is long and convoluted, but end up with it he did.

Here is a link of how he got that rifle.

www.nbcchicago.com...

''Black told police that when they went to his stepfather's house he was concerned about Rittenhouse having the gun because he wasn't 18, but if he told Rittenhouse he couldn't have it Rittenhouse “would have thrown a fit,” the reports said.''

posted on Sep, 17 2021 @ 03:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Masterjaden

No, he was not loaned that weapon, he bought it through that guy, Black. The purchase was made prior to the day of the event with plans for him to pick it up and carry it illegally in his plans to walk the streets of Kenosha with it.

www.nbcchicago.com...

posted on Sep, 17 2021 @ 03:16 PM
link   
a reply to: TerryMcGuire

It will be interesting. At this point, I really don't think it is actually about Kyle Rittenhouse.

posted on Sep, 17 2021 @ 03:45 PM
link   

You don't know if they were crazed lunatics? Literally an armed pedophile trying to commit arson. If that doesn't do it for ya, I don't know what would.

posted on Sep, 17 2021 @ 03:53 PM
link   
He tried stopping an arson, got chased down, he defended himself, end of it. He was not the aggressor, should he have been there? maybe, maybe not..too bad the local govt wasn't protecting peoples property/businesses. Anyway irrelevant to him defending himself at that point.

Thats my opinion

posted on Sep, 17 2021 @ 03:58 PM
link   
I like how they don’t mention the deceased were a convicted pedophile responsible for multiple abuses of children under 14, and a lowlife wife-beater with multiple convictions and restraining orders for smacking women around. Both of whom intended to murder the kid as well.

I hope he beats the stupid charges for what was essentially a combination of self-defence and trash removal.

posted on Sep, 17 2021 @ 04:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ohanka
I like how they don’t mention the deceased were a convicted pedophile responsible for multiple abuses of children under 14, and a lowlife wife-beater with multiple convictions and restraining orders for smacking women around. Both of whom intended to murder the kid as well.

I hope he beats the stupid charges for what was essentially a combination of self-defence and trash removal.

Probably because all that is irrelevant to the case at hand.

posted on Sep, 17 2021 @ 04:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: Asktheanimals
Just watch the videos if you think he should be charged with anything. If you do, tell ya what; I'll be right over with 2 friends; I'll hit you with a skateboard and others with either have a pistol or try stomping on your head. Putting yourself in the actual victims perspective is what any real juror should do.

The guy he shot in the arm was also hunting him and was armed...The guy said something like he should have shot him earlier. I think one of the other guys shot was fresh out of prison and he was not letting him retreat in anyway. I think he was hoping to over power him and take his gun.

edit on 17-9-2021 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 17 2021 @ 04:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: vonclod
He tried stopping an arson, got chased down, he defended himself, end of it. He was not the aggressor, should he have been there? maybe, maybe not..too bad the local govt wasn't protecting peoples property/businesses. Anyway irrelevant to him defending himself at that point.

Thats my opinion

He also had a med kit and was helping people on both side, so clearly wasn't going there just to fight.

posted on Sep, 17 2021 @ 04:37 PM
link   

Bud, he was rendering aid to those you say were in his crosshairs.

If he was a blood thirsty "huite supreme" then the social media evidence would be circulating.

posted on Sep, 17 2021 @ 04:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero

Thats my opinion

He also had a med kit and was helping people on both side, so clearly wasn't going there just to fight.

Yes he was, I think though, had he not had the rifle, this probably never happens. But, from what I read on the law there, even if you are technically in the wrong, you are allowed to defend yourself from attack, and that is clearly what I watched.

posted on Sep, 17 2021 @ 04:50 PM
link   

Yes he was, I think though, had he not had the rifle, this probably never happens. But, from what I read on the law there, even if you are technically in the wrong, you are allowed to defend yourself from attack, and that is clearly what I watched.

I agree with you 100%. Two of the guys were definitely hunting him most likely in pursuit to take his gun and hurt him. We need to remember he fled the group after him for like two blocks until he fell down from one guy coming at him, so he was trying to get away the whole time up until he was on the ground.

edit on 17-9-2021 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 17 2021 @ 04:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero

I agree with you 100%. Two of the guys were definitely hunting him most likely in pursuit to take his gun and hurt him. We need to remember he fled the group after him for like two blocks until he fell down from one guy coming at him, so he was trying to get away the whole time up until he was on the ground.

Absolutely!! without a doubt!

posted on Sep, 17 2021 @ 05:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: o0oTOPCATo0o
Total self defense in my eyes..
That said, he shouldn't have been there in the first place and should face some form of consequence for his part in this.

It's hard to express the mood that was occurring when this all went down. For some perspective, I was two minutes away from Jacob Blake when he was shot, and the night of the Antifa riot in Kenosha, I was looking out my windows gun in hand, safeguarding my family.

Everyone in the area were listening to the police scanners until they cut them off and went secure. Before they did that, multiple reports of caravans with license plates blocked out from Milwaukee were recorded heading to Kenosha. Police closed off the exits on the freeway to K-town and, since word travels fast, the caravans exited through Racine and took HWY 31 down to the Kenosha Lakefront.

The entire area was abuzz with fear and anxiety. The Antifa riots had come home! Parents were rightfully protecting their homes, calling older children home to ensure the excitement didn't draw them to the crowds.

I can't blame Kyle's parents for him attending, no matter WHOSE side he was on. It was the talk of the town for HOURS leading up to the evening. Stores were already boarded up or in the process of boarding up before nightfall.

The signs read, "Don't attack here, kids live upstairs!" and "We stand for justice" or "Kenosha doesn't want you here".

You can't judge because you don't know what it was like. Nothing like this has happened in decades around here, so everyone was scarily excited.

I'm glad Kyle made it safely back home and that multiple pedophiles received their due.

posted on Sep, 17 2021 @ 08:42 PM
link   
If I was on that jury I would vote not guilty.

posted on Sep, 17 2021 @ 08:52 PM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

Right, at least in the popular mind, which of course is fueled by media in both directions. Do we want to paint him with a ''good strong American patriot brush or a rightwing bloodthirsty conservative brush.

From what I read, he deliberately did not bring a weapon across the border but instead had a friend buy one for him who lived in the state. That friend ''asked'' him to come and help him ''patrol'' for the weekend. He was 17, a minor, who was on unemployment and used an unemployment check to to pay for it.

So this was not just a case of, ''I'm taking my rifle and going across state border to protect them over there from the protesters. He had to go out of his way to arrange for the purchase of the weapon and use his own money to buy it. As he figured he had enough money from that unemployment check he could use that to pay for it suggesting that he did not have enough money otherwise. He had been working a a YMCA and as a seventeen year old, I can tell you he was most likely working part time ad very close to minimum wage. He definitely went out of his way to pay for it.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join