It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Put everything online whats the worst that could happen

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 17 2021 @ 12:03 PM
link   
So I am military, have been for 20+ years I am finally ready to retire, should be easy right you would think this is one of the most common occurrences in the military.

NOPE... why we put everything on line I have to know the regulations on what I need to accomplish to be able to retire, on top of that they put the application to retire online.
Then we have the congressionally mandated TAPS course, again at its heart a good idea until you have to log into a military website to be able to finish the course.

Why is this a problem, EVERYTHING IS FRICKING DOWN... My retirement application got kicked back over 4 days difference, all week I have not been able to log in to resubmit and there is NO HARD COPY OPTION..its 100% on the member and I have to be on the road sept 30th to meet the ferry in tacoma to get my car to alaska.

Then the Capstone required you log in to complete the class and tada... that Site is down as well, well isnt that fricking ducky, do they have a hard copy version... NOPE that would make sense just in case you know the network takes a dump.

I just pent 2 hours attempting to log in to get that useless course signed off, now I get to spend the rest of my day off trying to get my retirement application done again...

ARGH... for important time sensitive things can we please keep a hard copy option, is that to much to ask.

posted on Sep, 17 2021 @ 12:08 PM
link   
Take your time, get your retirement, you earned it. Don’t give the pricks the satisfaction of cheating you out of it.

posted on Sep, 17 2021 @ 12:14 PM
link   
I've often told my husband that anything involving the government is made supremely difficult on purpose in the hopes that it will make people give up. Taxes, DMV, CCP, Disability, your retirement, etc. is all a big pain in the arse under the best of circumstances.

Don't give up. Make 'em pay what they owe and hopefully your blood pressure will come back down soon. Good luck!

posted on Sep, 17 2021 @ 12:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Irishhaf

Your not kidding. My teenager is being sat out of PE and getting 'non participate' because I took his phone away due to bad behaviour and he cannot track his steps. Like wtf?? I have a letter written up for him to take demanding to know what school board policies or state law prevents a child to participate in PE because a lack of portable electronic device. Seriously!! It's going to be lawyer time if he keeps this up. If he runs/walks the track like he tried to do than he is participating in physical education. What the serious # reason does he need to track steps if the track is a finite length and he can run it??

They are intentionally dumbing down our kids and creating dependency on fallable systems rather than educating and teaching self-empowerment.

posted on Sep, 17 2021 @ 12:16 PM
link   

I can remember transferring from the 82d to Fort Rucker, AL with a hard date/time arrival. I went to go pick up my U-Haul, but someone had crashed into a pole and knocked out the power for blocks. I had everything done and booked, just needed to grab the truck...BUT! Their computers were down, so I had to push my move back all day until the power came up. I was like, can't I just sign something and go? Nope.

Weren't computers supposed to make our lives better, easier, less stressful. Wasn't that what we were told. Brother, I got out in '03, and it was a pain then. I can't imagine it now. Anyway, breathe, it'll happen, and then go enjoy your well deserved retirement (I know I am). Peace...

posted on Sep, 17 2021 @ 12:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: worldstarcountry

Your not kidding. My teenager is being sat out of PE and getting 'non participate' because I took his phone away due to bad behaviour and he cannot track his steps. Like wtf?? I have a letter written up for him to take demanding to know what school board policies or state law prevents a child to participate in PE because a lack of portable electronic device. Seriously!! It's going to be lawyer time if he keeps this up. If he runs/walks the track like he tried to do than he is participating in physical education. What the serious # reason does he need to track steps if the track is a finite length and he can run it??

They are intentionally dumbing down our kids and creating dependency on fallable systems rather than educating and teaching self-empowerment.

Ho...Ly...POOP! Alright, the day is early but I think, thus far, you've a clear lead for the dumbest story of the day. Ha! So now cell phones are mandatory?! Really? This is insane, this is just bat-s### insane! I don't have anything pertinent or even witty to add to the above, just a somewhat sad and solemn...holy poop.

posted on Sep, 17 2021 @ 12:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: Nickn3
Take your time, get your retirement, you earned it. Don’t give the pricks the satisfaction of cheating you out of it.

Oh, they're not going to cheat him out of it. They're making it absurdly inconvenient for him, which is intolerable, but believe me when I say this man IS getting his retirement. You start cheating honorable men and women from their earned retirement who are, literally, trained warriors...not a good idea, not gud!

posted on Sep, 17 2021 @ 12:26 PM
link   
a reply to: TheMirrorSelf
I'm having him take the letter, which goes into depth on my constitutional beliefs on why I restrict internet access and the audacity of physical education requiring some kind to device. I also asked for the information I outlined as a policy to go over with legal counsel. Step two if that is ignored is straight to a meeting with the school admins, letting them know lawyer time is next if that meeting does not yield the right to a traditional education.

It's like they are trying to make the teachers lazier by forcing curriculum online and letting computers do the grading. I went and picked up paper packets during last year's shutdowns and the idiots in the offices could not even get the crap delivered to the right teachers even after we sorted everything in order with names.

It's a sad state of affairs when the faculty are becoming dumber than the kids they teach.

posted on Sep, 17 2021 @ 12:34 PM
link   
Sorry wrong op...
edit on 17-9-2021 by xandback because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 17 2021 @ 01:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheMirrorSelf

originally posted by: worldstarcountry

Ho...Ly...POOP! Alright, the day is early but I think, thus far, you've a clear lead for the dumbest story of the day. Ha! So now cell phones are mandatory?! Really? This is insane, this is just bat-s### insane! I don't have anything pertinent or even witty to add to the above, just a somewhat sad and solemn...holy poop.

Yeah, I was under the impression that cell phones in school were something that was frowned upon. I definitely didn't think they were now a requirement.

edit on 9/17/21 by BrokenCircles because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 17 2021 @ 01:31 PM
link   

Even if they didn't want to mail you the paperwork, I would've thought you would at least be able to go to an office somewhere to get it done.

The website being down is something they should be prepared for. They don't have any sort of backup plan for this scenario?

This is probably a useless suggestion, but have you tried calling to let them know you can't get online?

posted on Sep, 17 2021 @ 01:35 PM
link   
a reply to: TheMirrorSelf

Ironic thing about this... and I am self aware enough to laugh at myself.

My degree program IT security management.

I am moving to alaska to work for the USAF in IT, I volunteered to work on this pos... I think being a crew chief damaged me.

posted on Sep, 17 2021 @ 01:35 PM
link   
a reply to: BrokenCircles

Yup called mypers customer support, explained my problem they tried to log in and said yep my side is acting up to my best suggestion try again monday or tuesday ignoring the fact I have been trying all week.

posted on Sep, 21 2021 @ 09:25 PM
link   

Member of a murder-institution. Great. Predatory, over-used, over-owned, over-seen murder-animal (could that BE more stock?) in the avatar, even greater.

The WORST thing that could happen is that everything keeps going exactly as it's going and I am stuck on THIS planet without any hope of getting out until the body I am using is so old and frail I can't defend myself against the oppressors putting it in institution and drugs of all kinds, vaccines, masks, etc. and where the systematic maltreatment of 'the elderly in institutions' finally begins for me, too, and goes on until finally, after way too many decades for anyone to endure with their sanity intact, for some reason, the dying and pain-filled body finally releases me.

The worst thing to happen is that nothing happens to change the course we're on until we're all microchipped, and even then, only to make things a thousand times worse because at that point, we're all 100% mind-controlled, with our souls left to only do the bidding of 'our masters', against our will or not, and suffer in great psychological, emotional, spiritual and physical pain and torment of the most horrible kinds.

People in full mind control can be made to murder - heck, people in PARTIAL mind control can be made to murder, as we can see from the existence of 'armies', 'militaries', etc. It's shocking and unfathomable to me, and I would never believe it, if it wasn't such a factual slap-in-the-face of everyday life on this wretched mudball, that people actually not only happily prepare to murder each other, learn how to do it, learn how to obey a command without thinking IMMEDIATELY, so any 'soldier' that the masses respect and cheer for so much because they DEFEND so much (when their actual duty is to murder and obey commands, like robots), would murder ANY of you, any of us, without question, and do it IMMEDIATELY, if their 'superior' so ordered.

Doesn't that scare anyone? Anyone that says 'I was in the military' has been part of an organization that systematically dismantles humanity and personality to build a 'killer robot that obeys immediately', and we treat it as something not only normal, but something to celebrate?

Yeah, 'worst thing to happen'? Almost any CALAMITY, earthquake, planet exploding, supernova, would be preferable to living like THIS.. worst thing to happen is that nothing happens to stop the inevitable from happening.

We're so close to it now, I am truly praying every day for something 'WORST' [sic] to actually happen to end this miserable incarnation and set me free.

new topics

top topics

join