It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wood Watchers Weird Wonderings

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 17 2021 @ 08:22 AM
link   
I am by no means a social person. Even the people I'm around I don't speak to much. Not that I don't like them, I'm just quiet. And have never had a ton of friends. So you strange folks here get to read my inner thoughts and things I might say if I was a talker. I will keep it site content related.

I will come back to answer questions or maybe get answers to questions. Also add more thoughts.

*Why did everything(night noises) go quiet when I saw the black triangle as a kid? All the noise of the mountains at night just stopped and resumed as soon as it passed.

* The D.E.C. lies alot about the animals in NY state. I was told there was no bears in my area for years. Despite me seeing sign. Then finally on the news bears in the city nearby. Then there are the mountain lions and wolves they refuse to acknowledge as well. I fail to see why.

*What gives with the Franklin scandal?
It seems like no one wants to talk about it, kind of like Epstein.

posted on Sep, 17 2021 @ 09:04 AM
link   
My friend said the same thing happened when she and her brother saw a "UFO" when they were young, in the mountains of West Virginia. Just "dead" quiet. It scared her how quiet it was, more than what she was seeing.

I sure don't know why those in charge, lie about animals. Here in MI the DNR lied for years and years about mountain lions being here, even when people had pics on trail cams.
Now all of a sudden, "oh yeah, we have mountain lions"
Such a dumb thing to lie about.

posted on Sep, 17 2021 @ 09:31 AM
link   
Birds have gone quiet everywhere, and have been for many years now.

I used to be woken by their chirping. Now? It's the mad idiot next door screaming at her kids.

Nothing else changed here, trees everywhere, just.. no bird noise.

No bees either, thank god. I hate those buggers.

posted on Sep, 17 2021 @ 12:08 PM
link   
On the Franklin scandal.
This is new to me, thanks!
Another bookmark to fill long nights with reading stuff.
Keep them coming please!
I’ve seen things offshore I can’t explain, all of us fishermen do.

Thank again!!’

a reply to: SwampFox999

edit on 08-19-2021 by PiratesCut because: link was wrong

posted on Sep, 17 2021 @ 04:49 PM
link   
a reply to: PiratesCut
I do love hearing from fisherman. Any stories you want to share please do.

posted on Sep, 18 2021 @ 05:08 AM
link   
Okaaaay....

a reply to: SwampFox999

Let me try to explain and draw the best picture I can of for you of one absolutely insane incident that happened back in 92 or 93 I think.

There were a few boats working within 12 miles of each other when the VHF suddenly blew up with frantic calls.

We were far enough offshore so no land based VHF could possibly have heard all this. VHF radio has limited range unlike the single side ban radios we also had onboard.

We used to make collect phone calls home over the VHF radio through the marine operator when homeward bound at trips end but we had to be close enough to land for the marine operator to be able pick us up.

VHF stands for Very High Frequency.

It began with a boat yelling over the radio, “what the hell is that, does anyone see this bubble of water over here?”

Picture a flat sheet on a bed with a basketball under it and roll the ball around the bed but while it does so it does not disturb the sheet in any other way than simply lifting it up.
No wrinkles, no folds, nothing but a rounded lump moving around the bed.

Now take that same picture and apply it to the ocean surface.

This lump raced all around for about 20 minutes, probably more. It passed by our boat about thirty yards off and it appeared to be just a smooth lump maybe 6-7 feet high.
It passed between two boats that were towing past each other by a distance of 100 yards or so, it circled another three times then it moved away and circled maybe a half dozen boats that were within a mile or so of each other.

The craziest thing this lump did was come straight at one boat from it’s starboard side and slowly lowered into the water and disappeared then it slowly came back up again as it moved away from the boats port side and off to the east where disappeared forever.

Everyone agreed this lump of water was doing maybe 20 knots the entire time. We all compared notes for maybe five minutes then it was dropped like a red hot rock.

I’ve never once heard it talked about around the docks, not once. I certainly didn’t bring it up.

It’s weird now looking back, everyone just clammed up. Period.
It scared the crap out of me I can tell you that!

Maybe that’s why it was never spoken of again, at least to mu knowledge it wasn’t.
Maybe that and the fear of being laughed at, becoming laughing stocks amongst the fleet, IDK.

That’s the story....believe what you will....🤪

Another time, way up on the edge during a winter blow during the night, in the glare of the sodium overheads, for just a split second I saw, thought I saw, what looked like a merman on the face of a smooth wave between the patches of ocean froth the wind and waves create.

Yeah, one see’s weird chit offshore. Especially in fog!

Phew......

edit on 08-19-2021 by PiratesCut because: wording

new topics

top topics

join