It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Congress calls for permanent UAP office

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 17 2021 @ 07:31 AM
link   
OK so they make a permanent office for data collection of UAP reports. The next question in my mind is just how much of the reports will be released to us pedestrians ? If history is any indication not much will be released or only those reports where swamp gas is the likely culprit .

Developing procedures to synchronize and standardize the collection, reporting, and analysis of standardize the collection, reporting, and analysis of incidents regarding unidentified aerial phenomena across the Department of Defense.
Developing processes and procedures to ensure that such incidents from each military department are reported and incorporated in a centralized repository.
Establishing procedures to require the timely and consistent reporting of such incidents.
Evaluating links between unidentified aerial phenomena and adversarial foreign governments, other foreign governments, or nonstate actors.
Evaluating the threat that such incidents present to the United States.
Coordinating with other departments and agencies of the Federal Government, as appropriate.
Coordinating with allies and partners of the United States, as appropriate, to better assess the nature and extent of unidentified aerial phenomena.

www.mysterywire.com...

posted on Sep, 17 2021 @ 07:59 AM
link   
a reply to: 727Sky

Haven't they been doing this for decades? Did they ever truly shut down Project Blue Book?

I doubt it. People have been seeing and reporting UfO/UAP/USO sightings for centuries.

I see no need for a special unit to standardize a collection of the reports. It makes as much sense as developing a special government office for the collection of Karen sightings.

Just my opinion.

posted on Sep, 17 2021 @ 08:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: NightSkyeB4Dawn

Haven't they been doing this for decades? Did they ever truly shut down Project Blue Book?

I doubt it. People have been seeing and reporting UfO/UAP/USO sightings for centuries.

I see no need for a special unit to standardize a collection of the reports. It makes as much sense as developing a special government office for the collection of Karen sightings.

Just my opinion.

I agree with you to a point.. The problem has been that the services do not share info with each other much less the three letter spook agencies. This office is supposed to receive all reports from all the different segments and compile them so that briefings can be made to the house intelligence committee . At least it is a start on a subject that has been ridiculed and tarnished by some of the most die hard critics, both inside and outside the government.

posted on Sep, 17 2021 @ 08:34 AM
link   

Seems like the perfect job. Have to keep secret about things people might have seen or imagined. What would you gauge for efficiency and accountability? Probably a slush fund to further spy and track citizens.

posted on Sep, 17 2021 @ 08:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: 727Sky

Just my opinion.

I agree with you to a point.. The problem has been that the services do not share info with each other much less the three letter spook agencies. This office is supposed to receive all reports from all the different segments and compile them so that briefings can be made to the house intelligence committee . At least it is a start on a subject that has been ridiculed and tarnished by some of the most die hard critics, both inside and outside the government.

I hear you. I just believe it is just another distraction and deception. There is nothing different about what is going on today, than it was 50 years ago.

The internet may have made it little bit harder for them to keep the lid on what is happening, and a bit harder to paint every video and sighting as fake, false, or a hoax. But unless they have a viable action plan, then a combined collection of world wide sightings is a waste of time and money.

Worse yet, it gives them a better chance at controlling the narrative. Which was what Project Blue Book was really about.

The truth is out there. We will show you and tell you the truth we want you to believe.

I know I am a bit jaded, but I have very little faith that the government will be forthright or honest about what is happening with the UFO/USO/UAP mysteries. It will just be another tool for conditioning and control.

posted on Sep, 17 2021 @ 09:50 AM
link   

Just my opinion.

As an aside, has anyone ever reported a sighting to MUFON? What a pain in the ass! I had a sighting (my first) not terribly long ago in Venice Beach, rather a simple one actually. I was laying on the beach in the middle of the night looking up at the stars when suddenly I caught a satellite makes its way across the sky from N to S. I always love catching satellites, it brings me back to doing so with my Dad as a young child and I always watch them cross the whole sky to this day. So, I saw this satellite coming across the sky (it was directly in line with my position). So as I'm watching it, it got just about directly over me, and then stopped (mind you, this was waaaay up there, I'm not saying I had anything to do directly with the observation other than being the observer). Anyway, it stopped, paused, and then just went back the way it had come. Ha! I thought, well, that wasn't a satellite. So that's it, not the sexiest story of all time, but there you have it.

So, I have never really been a big UFO buff, never been on MUFON, but really out of a lark decided I'd file a report on it. I just kind of wanted to see how that worked. It's not well set up. Firstly, they ask if you wish to remain anonymous (which I didn't because I don't care, I don't exactly think the Men in Black are going to be knocking down my door for my lone observation of an aberrant light in the sky). Then, however, they go on to demand private information (ie. you can't complete the report without providing said information). Well the information kind of blasts to s### the whole anonymity thing. Then, some of their fields are messed up. It would not allow me to enter the date of my observation, kept just saying it was invalid. I had the report done so this one broken field was keeping me from submitting all the work I had done (I had been working on this stupid report that I started out as a mild curiosity for waaaay too long at this point). Finally, I just entered todays date, and it took it. Oh well, I didn't care.

Anyway, I don't know much about MUFON, but their reporting system, at least from the user end...kinda sucks.

posted on Sep, 17 2021 @ 10:33 AM
link   
I firmly believe they know what is going it because we are doing the same thing; probing planets. But not for the quest for life or general curiosity.

Whatever it is, it's looking for resources to extract at a later date. Nothing to do with us other than getting in the way. We are of no value to them, it...whatever it is we are of no value. If anything less than ants. Much less.

posted on Nov, 25 2021 @ 03:22 PM
link   
a reply to: NightSkyeB4Dawn

So here is an interesting piece you probably have not seen, about "controlling the narrative". It was sent to me by the author who uses the name "OD-PSY." I don't know who that is. He (?) is arguing that

" there is substantial evidence today’s UFO mania is the result of a coordinated defense or intelligence influence operation. FOIA released documents prove that the DoD authorized dissemination of the three UFOs to the New York Times via “former” officials Elizondo and Mellon. And public evidence shows Mellon deliberately misinformed the public about the DoD’s role in approving release of those videos. Perhaps most alarmingly, SEC filings indicate an agency of the US government appears to have financed a covert commercial enterprise to conceal its involvement in the overall operation."

While I don't necessarily agree with that conclusion, the author is quite knowledgeable about alleged past incidents involving government agents and UFOs. He also goes into the financial shenanigans of TTSA and Tom DeLonge. (See what I wrote on that subject in 2018, below.)

Comments??

ufo-info-ops.medium.com...

badufos.blogspot.com...

new topics

top topics

join