It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Masks during the height of flu season. Lives could have been saved for years.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 16 2021 @ 03:53 PM
link   
If they truly worked the science should have at a minimum recommended wearing them as a precaution at least during the height of flu season. It could have stopped the droplets as Fauci declares. Why did the CDC and the WHO keep this top secret for all these years? Millions who have died or gotten sick from the flu could have been spared death and illness.

What changed? There are many studies on the effectiveness of masks. Were they wrong? How come it is good for covid but was never good enough for the common flu, not even as recommendation.

posted on Sep, 16 2021 @ 04:00 PM
link   
Actually for years before the pandemic, I have seen quite a bit of people at the university and around town wearing masks during the winter (flu season). Most are foreigners that are employed by the university. Of the foreigners, most are asian where I think that is more common place, especially around crowded public spaces.

posted on Sep, 16 2021 @ 04:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: jtrenthacker
Actually for years before the pandemic, I have seen quite a bit of people at the university and around town wearing masks during the winter (flu season). Most are foreigners that are employed by the university. Of the foreigners, most are asian where I think that is more common place, especially around crowded public spaces.

I've seen Asians wear masks at random times as well. What I'm talking about is an official statement from the CDC. They could have done this for years and it would have not costed the taxpayers anything. Just make a statement that it could help during months xyz.

They never did but now they declare it absolutely does work and have even created mandates despite the flu being very deadly during the winter.

posted on Sep, 16 2021 @ 04:21 PM
link   
a reply to: Stupidsecrets

Pre-pandemic, we would visit my wife's grandmother who lives in a nursing home in Japan. All visitors and employees were required to wear a mask to protect the residents against catching a cold or the flu. I always thought that was a good idea. But I don't think that people just going to the grocery store needed to mask up pre-covid.

posted on Sep, 16 2021 @ 04:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: Stupidsecrets
If they truly worked the science should have at a minimum recommended wearing them as a precaution at least during the height of flu season. It could have stopped the droplets as Fauci declares. Why did the CDC and the WHO keep this top secret for all these years? Millions who have died or gotten sick from the flu could have been spared death and illness.

What changed? There are many studies on the effectiveness of masks. Were they wrong? How come it is good for covid but was never good enough for the common flu, not even as recommendation.

It's because prior to this new "vaccine" they understood natural immunity worked too.....somehow that has just gone out the window

posted on Sep, 16 2021 @ 04:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Vasa Croe

Natural immunity? What is that. I think they deleted it from medical dictionaries. I know they changed the definition of vaccine. Follow the science definitions from 2 years ago. That's what we need to be doing.

posted on Sep, 16 2021 @ 05:04 PM
link   

Negative. My wife finally broke down and went to the walk-in clinic after being sick for weeks. What you are not seeing is what she was told. She asked to be tested for influenza. They refused, citing they are currently not offering any testing for influenza. Admittedly it isnt quite flu season yet, but the point is that you are not seeing the number of flu tests administered as part of the assessment. i.e. you cannot have flu if we do not test you for it.
edit on 16-9-2021 by drewlander because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 16 2021 @ 05:08 PM
link   

People don’t know how to wear masks, they actually are more dangerous when worn improperly.

But that’s what governments wanted.

posted on Sep, 16 2021 @ 05:18 PM
link   
We all have blood on our hands, because we didn't wear a mask from October through April for our entire lives. Fauchi and friends finally saved us from ourselves

posted on Sep, 16 2021 @ 05:24 PM
link   
It's very common in Asian countries, and they don't have flu seasons like we do.

posted on Sep, 16 2021 @ 05:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: LordAhriman
It's very common in Asian countries, and they don't have flu seasons like we do.

Certain groups of people are more likely to be hypochondriacs

posted on Sep, 16 2021 @ 05:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: shasta9600

Or, lessons learned.

Some of those places are either very crowded, or very polluted. And different culture/etiquette comes into play.

I think it's probably true, the masks reduce the flu, not that I enjoy them, and will not wear when not required to.
edit on 16-9-2021 by vonclod because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 16 2021 @ 05:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: vonclod

originally posted by: shasta9600

Or, lessons learned.

Some of those places are either very crowded, or very polluted. And different culture/etiquette comes into play.

Well, I did live smack in the middle of Seoul in the 90's, and didn't see jack # for masking back then. Nobody seemed particularly bothered by public barfing episodes, either, my brother did that on a cross-town bus once, motion sickness. Nobody flinched, though a few noses wrinkled up at the odor.

Members with Korean lineage probably have different takes in smaller cities/areas there, I'd imagine Seoul's it's own deal as much as NYC is it's own deal here.
edit on 9/16/2021 by Nyiah because: accidental naughty typo fixed :p

posted on Sep, 16 2021 @ 05:53 PM
link   
a reply to: Nyiah

I was thinking about Japan and China, but for sure South Korea too. I don't know about there, but I think the masks more common in the last decade in general.

I'm guessing barfing in public in Japan would be frowned upon.

posted on Sep, 16 2021 @ 05:58 PM
link   

Just stop it!

Masks drive me insane. Any resistance to breathing is interpreted by my brain as asthma whether or not it is, so my brain reacts by making me breath harder and faster. Then when the mask starts to suck up against my face, it triggers the smothering/trapped response from claustrophobia. Between the two, life can be pretty damn miserable in a mask.

And NO, you don't adapt to it.

posted on Sep, 16 2021 @ 06:30 PM
link   

If you are speaking of China, yes they have wore masks since before 2000 .
Air quality and NOT mandated .

Denying ignorance .
Why ?
People twist facts to their own "ends"
edit on 9/16/21 by Gothmog because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 16 2021 @ 06:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gothmog
Denying ignorance .
Why ?

Here's an article from 2014 that says I'm not the ignorant one.

It's for the flu and for air quality.
edit on 16-9-2021 by LordAhriman because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 16 2021 @ 06:43 PM
link   

Denying ignorance .
Why ?

Here's an article from 2014 that says I'm not the ignorant one.

It's for the flu and for air quality.

What I told you was from before 2000 .
Deflection.
Round goes to Goth .

One should never enter a battle that one is not prepared for .

posted on Sep, 16 2021 @ 06:52 PM
link   

What I told you was from before 2000 .
Deflection.
Round goes to Goth .

One should never enter a battle that one is not prepared for .

So you didn't read it?

The custom of facemask-wearing began in Japan during the early years of the 20th century, when a massive pandemic of influenza killed between 20 and 40 million people around the world—more than died in World War I.

posted on Sep, 16 2021 @ 07:55 PM
link   

O boy here we go again with the emotional "mask saves lives" ranting comments on this OP.

ok let me just torpedo it with TWO FACTs..

one... on almost all the boxes and descriptions of the masks people wear... NOT MEDICALLY APPROVED , WILL NOT PROTECT YOU FROM VIRUSES, ect..

two... those that are rated as such HAVE TO BE PUT ON, WORN , AND CHANGED under SPECIFIC PROTOCOL
if you dont.. THE MASK IS COMPROMISED AND NOT EFFECTIVE.

LESSON OVER DUE TO UNDEINABLE FACTS...
"drops mic"

scrounger

edit on 16-9-2021 by scrounger because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join