It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WATCH: Students sign petition to abolish the U.S. Constitution

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 16 2021 @ 02:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: Klassified

originally posted by: TzarChasm
I suppose this is an appropriate opportunity to point out that internet petitions don't actually do anything. If it's not on a ballot, it's essentially worthless.

I would hope anyone watching this video understands that.

The number of voters actively endorsing this petition should paint a picture of how many don't understand. Or they think sheer force of popularity can overwhelm basic legislative procedure.

posted on Sep, 16 2021 @ 02:30 PM
link   
It's hardly the fault of the students. Considering their nutjob professors, social media, and the endless cacaphony of
"influencers" and utterly useless trends, it's a wonder they can think at all.

They're merely adjusting.

posted on Sep, 16 2021 @ 02:49 PM
link   
thomas jefferson did say the Constitution should be rewritten every 19 years to fit the times, because society is always changing. too little has changed for us to call America a healthy Democratic nation anymore, we've grown too stubborn for our own good and are steadily creeping towards a centralized authoritarian state, in recent years this trend has accelerated regardless of party affiliation, Democrats and Republicans are both pushing for laws that strengthen their grip on states by eroding the Democratic process, using each other as an excuse to justify their actions, as if that makes it ok.

posted on Sep, 16 2021 @ 03:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: opethPA
I do not believe their is anything wrong with reviewing and updating the Constitution to be more applicable or accurate to the United States as it is currently vs in 1787.

What I am 100% against is abolishing it fully or removing core beliefs from it.

If only there were a process to do just that.....

posted on Sep, 16 2021 @ 03:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: Klassified

I suppose this is an appropriate opportunity to point out that internet petitions don't actually do anything. If it's not on a ballot, it's essentially worthless.

I would hope anyone watching this video understands that.

The number of voters actively endorsing this petition should paint a picture of how many don't understand. Or they think sheer force of popularity can overwhelm basic legislative procedure.

All you have to do is amass a large twitter following and you can destroy people's lives in 2021. They were taught this from living in 2021. Sadly for them, the things that matter don't fold up that easy.

posted on Sep, 16 2021 @ 03:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: network dude

originally posted by: opethPA
I do not believe their is anything wrong with reviewing and updating the Constitution to be more applicable or accurate to the United States as it is currently vs in 1787.

What I am 100% against is abolishing it fully or removing core beliefs from it.

If only there were a process to do just that.....

Thanks for the link.
No doubt that process is there but an amendment isn't the same as a cyclical review and modernization of the Constitution. Ideally both used together would give us the best outcome.

posted on Sep, 16 2021 @ 03:35 PM
link   
They're all brainwashed

posted on Sep, 16 2021 @ 03:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Klassified

I am so sick of the "rich white men arguement", I don't think they were rich by our standards back then, plus I used to talk to some priveleged black people as well. They were the first people to cry and claim they were oppressed while getting whatever they wanted. UGH!!

Now the Dems are getting what they really want once our constitution goes, you can just kiss America goodbye. All because we have to brainwash our students into thinking our constitution is bad, wait until they do really take all of our rights away, I bet those brats will be first people to say they want it all back! I can't with people anymore!

posted on Sep, 16 2021 @ 03:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: FamCore

So #ing sad, these people are brainwashed and don't even know their history

You can tell which ones have any knowledge of the constitution or history in general. Wish I was there to ask what specific ammendments they oppose and why. "Because old white men" did something is not the basis for any argument. I kind wanted to jump through the screen and choke that person. Probably better I was not there.

posted on Sep, 16 2021 @ 03:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
Tests are in progress and on time for a suspended Constitution mid 2022. Not far fetched. It's happening šŸ˜‘

Is this why they are attempting to remove anti-vaxxers from the military?
edit on 16-9-2021 by drewlander because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 16 2021 @ 04:38 PM
link   

I would assault that weird guy in the short-shorts, wearing the Italian flag for a shirt.

posted on Sep, 16 2021 @ 04:47 PM
link   
The irony of exercising multiple Constitutional rights and protections, to proclaim the Constitution should be abolished.

"So this is how liberty dies, with thunderous applause."??

There still has to be Iron Curtain survivors out there. Who could sit down with these students and give firsthand accounts, so the kids fully understand what they're asking for. That dictators and tyranny aren't just things from some history class.

posted on Sep, 16 2021 @ 05:03 PM
link   

Iā€™d stop paying for my kids college tuition if he signed something like that.

posted on Sep, 16 2021 @ 05:08 PM
link   

It was written by rich old white men for rich old white men.

When i hear that i do think most of the times these kids today are spoiled to much.
They dont know history very well.

It is representative of the "patriarchy".
It needs to be more "inclusive".

I think i understand who might be teaching the youth those things.

posted on Sep, 16 2021 @ 05:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Anon234807

Brainwashed no doubt by progressives. Not to mention when they bring into the mention "inclusive" or patriarchy.
edit on 16-9-2021 by HawkEyi because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 16 2021 @ 05:11 PM
link   

The dumb generation of idiots that will run the nation in the future, I am glad that by the time this happen, my time in earth will be over.

posted on Sep, 16 2021 @ 05:52 PM
link   
Folks have been conditioned to be triggered and frightened over the years. At a "twitch of a finger" they run and hide under the bed . There is a problem with that , though .The monster (Progressive Liberalism) is already there .....

posted on Sep, 17 2021 @ 10:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: QFlux
The irony is that they have the freedom to protest against the Constitution because of the Constitution. Get rid of the Constitution and there goes their freedoms to protest it. It seems they don't think these things through to the logical conclusion.

How dare you use common sense and thinking skills! Let the government think for you! /s

I laughed hard at the one person saying they should include they, them, us so more people would feel included. LMFAO and these are college kids? Jeepers I'm scared of their beehive mindset.
edit on 17-9-2021 by timewarpedbrain7 because: added a thought

posted on Sep, 17 2021 @ 02:34 PM
link   
I never spit out my bubblegum until I know I got a new pack.

Curious to learn what creed is considered for adoption.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join