It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If you Don't like Fast Food Get Another Job

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 15 2021 @ 06:40 PM
link   

much easier to say people don't want to work, than to say the truth. The service industry needs massive reform, either through automation, a different pay structure,

I am in TN, and no people do not want to work around here, for no amount of money, doing any kind of job. You can take your pick of jobs here, factory 17.50 to start weeks paid vacation plus insurance right off the bat. Fast food 12hr. Construction 15-25 a hour. Lumber yard 13hr to start. Grocery store 9hr to start. Plenty of jobs plenty of choices.

I personally myself have been looking for someone for over 7 years. I get plenty of people, I have lost count of how many. The problem is, their not interested in me paying them to do my job, they want me to pay them to do their job. Which is wonder around like a sloth with a cell phone permanently attached to their hand.

posted on Sep, 15 2021 @ 06:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Uknownparadox

Grocery store 9hr to start. Plenty of jobs plenty of choices.

9hr is a joke.

posted on Sep, 15 2021 @ 06:48 PM
link   

9hr is a joke.
a reply to: JAGStorm
I know that. But I don't own it, I just know that is what they are offering because I shop there. I don't think 17.50 a hour is a joke. But just 2 weeks ago the guy next door who has been at that factory for 14 years, told me they went through 70 people in one week. Of course I didn't list all the jobs available around here either.

posted on Sep, 15 2021 @ 10:20 PM
link   
We don't eat much fast food anymore. We make most of our dinners from foods that are pretty good. We do stop occasionally at BK and go through the drive through and get four things from the dollar menu...four dollars and twenty four cents for the bill for the two of us. And of course, we have gone to the Hong Kong Buffet three times in the last two months just in case they close it down again. Now we are kind of sick of it for a while.

It is not like we do not go to restaurants on occasion, maybe once every two weeks and usually for a fish fry, buffet, or for a good pizza. Prices have gone up in the restaurants and we can usually make a meal for the two of us for the cost of the tax and tip.

We have created a consumer based society, not nearly as many good paying factory jobs as there used to be. That money from the good jobs circulates in society creating more and more jobs and the factory workers paid lots in taxes...which funded a lot of things. All gone, we have created a failure for an economy. Consumer based economies have never lasted long, That is just history, but people ignore mistakes in history thinking they are better than their ancestors.
What a joke, people fifty years ago were just as smart, they also had lots of common sense and were taught to look at history to predict problems in the future.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join