It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump and BAMN, the sale of integrity

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+16 more 
posted on Sep, 15 2021 @ 02:25 PM
link   
In the past, long ago, when someone broke the law, it was a universal truth that if the law was just, and the person did in fact break the law, everyone understood, everyone agreed, and everyone understood right from wrong. Integrity was a normal thing to expect. Left, right, center, didn't matter. You follow the rules of society, for the sake of society. We elect people to positions of power who are supposed to protect the sanctity of our rules.

Somewhere we jumped off the rails. We have Trump, and all of the sudden, rules and laws aren't a thing. If you can get around Trump, you are a hero. You don't need to concern yourself with the law, you have no recourse to it. I'd like to add that you MUST be against Trump for this to be the case. If you happen to be on his side, you will find the law very much applied to you.

So how did we get this far off? Was it just him, or was it more? If you doubt what I say, doubt that this is even real, check the MSM outlets on the General Milley coverage. On the left wing sites and channels, he is a hero. He did the right thing. Keep in mind, he disregarded the chain of command, subverted the commander in chief, conspired with Pelosi and Shumer to remove Powers from Trump while he was still president. He called an adversarial nation and told them (China) he would let them know if we were going to attack them.

If all that is true, I feel like for anyone here to have any integrity at all, they need to do a quick litmus test. If you can switch sides of all involved, and still be OK with it, you are likely on the right track. But if you switch sides and realize you wouldn't like it at all if it happened like that, perhaps you are falling into the trap of selling your integrity for validation of your hate.

I hope we can come back from this. If we aren't a nation of laws, then we are free to enact whatever we want to do to anyone. Somehow, I don't think that's where we should be.

posted on Sep, 15 2021 @ 02:37 PM
link   
a reply to: network dude

If you can switch sides of all involved, and still be OK with it, you are likely on the right track.

If General Milley had genuine concerns then surely his allegiance is to America not a President , regardless of who that President is.

+8 more 
posted on Sep, 15 2021 @ 02:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: gortex

If you can switch sides of all involved, and still be OK with it, you are likely on the right track.

If General Milley had genuine concerns then surely his allegiance is to America not a President , regardless of who that President is.

Do you know what the procedure is if you find you are working for someone you don't trust? Or if you feel the President is nuts? Can you show me where in the Constitution "Go rouge, stage a coup against the president, and promise to alert a hostile nation of the US's intentions" is at?

There are things in place if problems like this exist. We have a system. We have laws. Or do laws no longer matter?

+9 more 
posted on Sep, 15 2021 @ 02:43 PM
link   
a reply to: gortex

Still totally illegal. But you won't qont hear dems cry about it until it happens to biden

Was actually talking to my wife about this the other day. Where are all my liberal friends who spent 4 years crying over all the lies. The white house literally lies every single day, and suddenly no one cares. It's because they're cowards. They don't actually care about lying, or killing innocent people, or immigrants. They just care about themselves.

edit on 15-9-2021 by Fryguy because: (no reason given)

+1 more 
posted on Sep, 15 2021 @ 02:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: Fryguy

Still totally illegal. But you won't qont hear dems cry about it until it happens to biden

Was actually talking to my wife about this the other day. Where are all my liberal friends who spent 4 years crying over all the lies. The white house literally lies every single day, and suddenly no one cares. It's because they're cowards. They don't actually care about lying, or killing innocent people, or immigrants. They just care about themselves.

Like kids in cages? Mistreatment at the border? Things like that? LOL! yea, no. We don't worry about stuff like that unless the idiot box tells you to. do what the box tells you.

+5 more 
posted on Sep, 15 2021 @ 03:07 PM
link   
I think many of the so-called leaders in government and military were plainly and simply jealous of Trump's position in life, his family's devotion, his beautiful kind and loving wife, and his ability to step into the political arena with total honesty and amazing confidence and ability and get things done.

He mean-tweeted sometimes and these hoity-toity enept lazy do-nothing bums that suck off the taxpayers' tit got red hot offended. He probably called many of them out, and waa-waa-waa...they showed their true colors.

edit on 15-9-2021 by queenofswords because: (no reason given)

+6 more 
posted on Sep, 15 2021 @ 03:10 PM
link   

Ummm...that's a pretty big..."if"...and all predicated on his opinion of another mans state of mind...according to his personal imagination...

And no...it was never incumbent on the general to pursue insurrection...insubordination...treason...sedition and fomalgating coup...simply because he imagined what a possible yet not probable series of events...which never took place to begin with...might be...

His allegiance is to the Constitution and to his Chain of command...not some nebulous...unquantifiable ideal of...America...defined by his own illogic and inflated ego as he was busy about the business of sedition and treason...

The man is no hero...

He is a treasonous ideologue...whose imagination was as inflated as his own self important ego...

He should resign his post...his commission...and be court martialed and then charged with treason...then he should hang...and good riddance to his traitorous...coup plotting...insurrectionist...treasonous ass...

Everything he did was predicated on imagined scenarios he self concocted in his delusional mind...not based in reality as it was presented and as it transpired...

YouSir

posted on Sep, 15 2021 @ 03:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: YouSir

His allegiance is to the Constitution and to his Chain of command...not some nebulous...unquantifiable ideal of...America...defined by his own illogic and inflated ego as he was busy about the business of sedition and treason...

The man is no hero...

He is a treasonous ideologue...whose imagination was as inflated as his own self important ego...

He should resign his post...his commission...and be court martialed and then charged with treason...then he should hang...and good riddance to his traitorous...coup plotting...insurrectionist...treasonous ass...

Everything he did was predicated on imagined scenarios he self concocted in his delusional mind...not based in reality as it was presented and as it transpired...

YouSir

very well said.
edit on 15-9-2021 by network dude because: Beto, what a stupid name.

posted on Sep, 15 2021 @ 03:14 PM
link   

Every tyrannical government is a strong-arm enforcer of their law. They can arbitrarily create laws that you are forced to abide by and usually those laws are to the advantage of the tyrannical authority, and the disadvantage of the citizenry.

To believe you have liberty, and to believe that your country is strongly controlled by laws, is a an ideological contradiction.

Law itself needs to be regulated and have checks and balances to ensure it is in the interest of the greater good, for both individual rights, as well as corporate or national rights.

There has to be a balance, and there has to be process, and there has to be standards in the terms of rights.

The UN Bill of Human Rights together with the US Constitutional documents, are fair basis for equitable law. Then, where the various rights are at odds with each other, specifics and amendments need to be established that grant consensus without contradiction.

Then, these rights need to be mandated to be written in to law, at a high level, and legal reform needs to occur to revoke unjust laws, and unjust legal decisions, not compliant to those rights.

It aint simple.

edit on 15/9/2021 by chr0naut because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 15 2021 @ 03:15 PM
link   
Now the norm will be to replace Generals with shills, Ausitn im looking at you!

posted on Sep, 15 2021 @ 03:17 PM
link   
a reply to: chr0naut

I have no idea what your point is.

posted on Sep, 15 2021 @ 03:20 PM
link   

Snowden has entered the chat

posted on Sep, 15 2021 @ 03:21 PM
link   

We have a system.

And everybody must obey the system , just as well Stanislav Petrov didn't .... isn't it.

In addition, earlier in the month the Soviet Union shot down a Korean Airlines passenger plane that strayed into its airspace, killing almost 300 people. Stanislav Petrov, the Soviet officer on duty, had only minutes to decide whether or not the satellite data were a false alarm. Since the satellite was found to be operating properly, following procedures would have led him to report an incoming attack. Going partly on gut instinct and believing the United States was unlikely to fire only five missiles, he told his commanders that it was a false alarm before he knew that to be true. Later investigations revealed that reflection of the sun on the tops of clouds had fooled the satellite into thinking it was detecting missile launches
futureoflife.org...

Otherwise we'd be living Fallout 4.

posted on Sep, 15 2021 @ 03:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: network dude

Ummm...likely under his cap...

YouSir

posted on Sep, 15 2021 @ 03:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: network dude

Clearly.

posted on Sep, 15 2021 @ 03:23 PM
link   

What that "general" did was completely illegal. By any reasonable standard.

The President is the commander in chief, not him. He is the Presidents go-fer. Period. He doesn't like it? Retire, and take your pension, "general".

You do not circumvent the constitution. Especially on such a vague, not to mention unlikely, supposition.

Court martial is what should happen to this buffoon, not being hailed in some quarters as some sort of "hero". Had he done that to any democratic president--many of those same folks calling him a hero, would be singing an entirely differing tune.

You don't get to pick and choose the orders you follow, unless you're ready to face consequences. That adds to the idiocy of this so-called "hero"--he hadn't received any such order, nor had he any reason to believe that he would--other than his own stupidity.

posted on Sep, 15 2021 @ 03:23 PM
link   

This was treason. The established laws spell that out already. Is this a worse offense than the the Marine who publicly asked for accountability?

Marine Times
edit on 15-9-2021 by JefeFeesh because: (no reason given)

edit on 15-9-2021 by JefeFeesh because: edit

posted on Sep, 15 2021 @ 03:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: JefeFeesh

This was treason. The established laws spell that out already. Is this a worse offense than the The marine who publicly asked for accountability?

www.theguardian.com..." target="_blank" class="postlink">Source

No, it was a legal process, operating compliant to existing law and at the highest levels.

Iran-Contra, and Jan 6th were extralegal, and treasonous.

US military oath of office is to defend the US Constitution against all enemies domestic and foreign. My guess is, he was doing exactly that.

edit on 15/9/2021 by chr0naut because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 15 2021 @ 03:28 PM
link   
Milley thought what he did was right, but it was not.

Trump was the commander in chief. It was his final decision if he wanted to use the military.

If Milley was concerned about his mental stability, he should have said something publicly. Instead of doing a "go around".

This actually shocked me. If Milley did do this, he should resign. I too consider this pretty close to treason.

If we are going to have old Presidents, I would like to know they are fit to hold office. But the sad truth is even the President's doctor has now become a political position.

posted on Sep, 15 2021 @ 03:28 PM
link   

Every tyrannical government is a strong-arm enforcer of their law. They can arbitrarily create laws that you are forced to abide by and usually those laws are to the advantage of the tyrannical authority, and the disadvantage of the citizenry.

I think this is more about the arbitrary enforcement, not creating of such laws.

This guy definitely isn't getting the Flynn treatment... And Flynn wasn't even still in the military during his "incident".

The laws are much more stringent for those who are serving.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join