It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Not sure what to do.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 15 2021 @ 11:25 AM
link   
Woke up today with my girlfriend telling me that the sister of a friend of ours passed away from COVID last night. She was 20. It’s got me considering taking the vaccine now. The reason I haven’t already is how quickly it was made and approved. I also don’t agree with the mandates that the federal government is attempting to put in place. For the first time since the beginning of this pandemic I really don’t know what to do. Not even sure why I’m posting this. Off to work.

edit on 15-9-2021 by Somethingsamiss because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 15 2021 @ 11:30 AM
link   
a reply to: Somethingsamiss

The vaccine is less likely to kill you than covid.
Might have some serious side effects.
My niece has been sick as a dog for a week after her first shot.

Just talk to your doctor and make an informed decision

posted on Sep, 15 2021 @ 11:36 AM
link   

I would never tell anyone whether they should take the vaccine or not.

I will suggest that you look at the details involved.

I just found out my neighbor that died of COVID, had end stage cancer and had made plans to to go on hospice when she got out the hospital. She had hidden the cancer from everyone, including her husband.

Her husband didn't find out until a few weeks after her death, when he was sent condolences from the hospice. I am glad he told me, because we all thought she was the only person in our neighborhood that died of the virus, as it turns out, that was not true.

Everybody that dies that has COIVD, does not necessarily die from COVID.

You know what is best for you. I understand the fear that is involved for many. I can only suggest that you do what you feel the most comfortable doing, or not doing.

edit on 15-9-2021 by NightSkyeB4Dawn because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 15 2021 @ 11:37 AM
link   
You don't know ANYBODY died "of" covid, but that they died "with" covid.
There is no covid. Trust your immune system.
After all the malfeasance by all the complicit government and media regarding safety and efficacy of their not-a-vaccine, how can you even think of getting jabbed with the who-knows-what's-in-there, shot?

posted on Sep, 15 2021 @ 11:52 AM
link   
A lot of people who die of COVID die from complications of COVID. But not necessarily everyone. COVID does rarely kill by itself although it almost always needs help.

Without knowing the specific situation of the person who died, it's hard to say. No one here can, just like none of us can tell you if the vaccine is the right choice because we don't know you.

posted on Sep, 15 2021 @ 11:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: Somethingsamiss
Woke up today with my girlfriend telling me that the sister of a friend of ours passed away from COVID last night. She was 20. It’s got me considering taking the vaccine now. The reason I haven’t already is how quickly it was made and approved. I also don’t agree with the mandates that the federal government is attempting to put in place. For the first time since the beginning of this pandemic I really don’t know what to do. Not even sure why I’m posting this. Off to work.

Before taking anything, do your research, look at both sides, decide what is possible and what isn't and make your decision. Just make sure you do all the research. Once you have the shot, there is no turning back. Twenty people I know found that out over the last eight months and they're all dead.

Cheers - Dave

posted on Sep, 15 2021 @ 12:12 PM
link   
It really comes down to your own health. How is your weight, nutrition, and workouts? Are you on any medications? Do you have any underlying conditions? There are a lot of factors. For our family we all had it including my parents. But all of us workout out 4-5 days a week, eat pretty good, and take Juice Plus and Cold War daily. We dont smoke and rarely drink. We also get 8 hours of sleep at night. Im not trying to say we are perfect but we do what we can to stay healthy. If I had 4-5 UL conditions and was overweight i may get the shot but i may also start changing my lifestyle.

posted on Sep, 15 2021 @ 12:14 PM
link   

Asking an internet forum will not give you the answer you seek , speak to your doctor as he/she knows your medical history and can give you the medical advice you need.

Most of the people I know have taken the shot and none of the people I know have had a problem with it.

posted on Sep, 15 2021 @ 12:19 PM
link   
FIRST... I am sorry for the loss of your friend's sister.
You have a tough decision to make. The important thing is that YOU make the decision.
I told this to my sons as well - ages 20 and 23.
Talk to your doctor (if you have one), do real research, and if you are spiritual, pray about it.
With you being male (I think?) here is a chart from the CDC.
What worried me for my sons, is that the chance of serious complications from the virus for males 18-24 is less than 1%.
The chances - again, according to this chart from the CDC - of getting myocarditis is 28%. (According to this sample size - percentage)
That being said, Myocarditis IS treatable and often self-limiting. You just need to be aware that it does have a pretty high risk in your age group/sex.
I would also, as others suggested, inquire about the sister of your friend, that passed. Was she vaccinated? Double vaccinated? Any other comorbidities?
That should be part of your research.
Then, make the decision you feel is best for YOU.

edit on 15-9-2021 by nicevillegrl because: added info

posted on Sep, 15 2021 @ 12:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
A lot of people who die of COVID die from complications of COVID. But not necessarily everyone. COVID does rarely kill by itself although it almost always needs help.

Without knowing the specific situation of the person who died, it's hard to say. No one here can, just like none of us can tell you if the vaccine is the right choice because we don't know you.

Hindsight is 20/20. Medical professionals were working blind with this virus. They were provided with little information about the virus, outside of that is was supposed to be a novel virus, with no cure outside of a natural recovery.

They were given no instruction on how to treat, and a lot of criticism if they tried to treat with what they had on hand, and had some experience with using.

I think way down the road in the future, when most of us here, are dead and gone, the truth will come out, that a lot of the people with COVID, died from inadequate care and treatment, especially those that were prematurely placed on ventilators, or placed on ventilators with staff that was not skilled in the care of a ventilator patient.

I am not blaming the medical providers. They were asked to do the impossible, and I believe they did the best they could with what they had, and I believe they did a damn good job.

If blame is to be placed anywhere, it should be placed on the government and the media. And maybe a small amount of the blame can be placed on those of us that believed the lies and propaganda being dished out to keep us gullible and afraid.

posted on Sep, 15 2021 @ 12:42 PM
link   

Im assuming your friends sister was unvaccinated?

posted on Sep, 15 2021 @ 12:45 PM
link   
a reply to: NightSkyeB4Dawn

They were given no instruction on how to treat, and a lot of criticism if they tried to treat with what they had on hand, and had some experience with using.

This is the most infuriating thing of all about covid! The medical community has been shielded from what this virus really is, and where it came from. Government(s) would have to reveal Top Secret information about bioweapons GoF research, locations and developmental status, and they're refusing to do it to cover their asses. They developed a bioweapon which is capable of mutating around all known and future vaccines.

I'm all but convinced now the 'vaccine' is actually incomplete. It was never intended to be released in the form it currently is (the 'vaccine' wasn't), but the bioweapon of covid escaped (whether intentionally, or unintentionally) before they could finish the antidote. The boosters are all just part of the continuing development of the original antidote research. Updates, if you will.

I used to think 'climate change' was the biggest conspiracy ever perpetuated on mankind, but now I'm not so sure. I think covid may win this prize.

posted on Sep, 15 2021 @ 12:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

Yeah remember when they told us not to take ibuprofen?

They just wanted your fever to go high so you had to go to the hospital.

I was at lunch with a friend the other day and he was telling me about a friend of his who was sicker with all the symptoms and a pretty high fever that tylenol wasnt breaking .
So he asked if he had tried Ibuprofen an his friend said "you are not suppose to take Ibuprofen if its covid "

People still remember what they said about it

posted on Sep, 15 2021 @ 12:57 PM
link   

Is your girl friend going to get the vaccine? Would she like you to? Is your relationship with her important enough to you to keep should she want you to get the vaccine? Cuz if she does and you don't you can kiss that gal good bye.

posted on Sep, 15 2021 @ 01:09 PM
link   

I understand your dilemma. I'm kind of in the same boat, honestly.

I don't believe for one moment that any of the 'vaccines' were developed with harmful intent. Personally, I think that's just crazy talk. However, I very much do believe the 'vaccines' were rushed and, as I noted above, I personally believe they are incomplete. I agree 100% on the worry about lack of testing, particularly long term side effects.

I also believe the government and MSM have constructed a series of elaborate ruses to cover for something, but I can't put my finger on exactly what this is. I personally think rather than putting Fauci on TV and letting the media fawn over him as the 'sexiest man on Earth', no, what they really ought to be doing is waterboarding that MF'er on a daily basis to find out what he really knows! I can guarantee one thing, he knows one hell of a lot more than he's letting on! Nothing to lose either because he hasn't really given one piece of credible, actionable, information yet (other than the fact covid exists)...so let's get on with it!

As others have noted here, you have to do what's right for you, in your situation. No one here can give you the absolute answer, because honestly, I don't think there is a single right answer at this time. What's right for one person may not be for another.

I think if the government and the MSM had been honest about what was going on from the start, I'd probably be fighting for my place in line to get whatever preventative measures were available. However, after all the obfuscation of alternatives, all the misinformation about masks and hospitalizations, deaths, etc., and above all the relentless push to get this experimental vaccine, all of this has given me serious pause. WTF is going on? I'm not sure any one person knows at this point, but honesty would go a long way in piecing together the truth and the reality. As it stands right now we have nothing of the sort.

posted on Sep, 15 2021 @ 01:11 PM
link   
a reply to: sciencelol

You know, I honestly can't even count the number of times we've been given conflicting information, misinformation, and just flat out wrong information!

If we were to try to make a list, it would be a very long list indeed!

posted on Sep, 15 2021 @ 01:28 PM
link   

Sorry for your loss. However, statistically it is highly unlikely the sister of your friend died from Covid. Healthy 20 year olds don't die from Covid unless there is some other very serious co-morbidity like severe obesity.

There have only been 778 Covid related deaths aged 15 to 24 years old from 1/2020 thru today since the CDC has been keeping records.

The media and policy makers are doing a good job with the propaganda campaign so that people are not able to assess the actual risk. You have far greater chance of dying in a car accident than dying from Covid.

I was vaccinated. However, don't let the media propaganda fool you in terms of overall risk.
edit on 15-9-2021 by Edumakated because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 15 2021 @ 01:29 PM
link   
I'm married, been married to my wonderful wife going on 19 years. I was very hesitant to get the vaccine.....but was told quite frankly that if I did not ....to look for alternate living arrangements.....So vaccine is free.....divorce is not. I will however not get any boosters. Divorce or not.

posted on Sep, 15 2021 @ 01:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: Fatboy527
I'm married, been married to my wonderful wife going on 19 years. I was very hesitant to get the vaccine.....but was told quite frankly that if I did not ....to look for alternate living arrangements.....So vaccine is free.....divorce is not. I will however not get any boosters. Divorce or not.

Same here. Married 20 years. Only reason I got it was the wife. She has to take some medication that can suppress her immune system. It wasn't worth the argument...

posted on Sep, 15 2021 @ 01:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: Fatboy527

You would let your wife kick you out? Come on man, grow a set of balls...stand your ground. She isn't all that "wonderful", if she doesn't respect your conscience and beliefs. Unfortunately you allowed yourself to be coerced into getting an injection that you didn't really believe in
edit on 15-9-2021 by shasta9600 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join