It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

We might be Star Trek's "Terrans" for real. A hypothesis

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 15 2021 @ 08:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: ThatDamnDuckAgain
a reply to: aviyyyyzzz
Funny, that is what I thought when they got introduced in StarTrek Discovery. That's us minus the agony chambers.

LOL! Disco is the height of their empire.

Think the timeline of Deep Space 9 where the Terrans are completely conquered. It's like a more horrible version of Germany's Versailles Treaty on an intergalactic scale.

Thousands of years from that point, the intergalactic powers would have eventually decided to ship all Terrans back to their home planet - Earth.

And seeing how subtlety and deceit on a grand scale have worked so well (think CIA), the intergalactic powers have decided to do the same thing to us. "Ignorance is Bliss". Completely cutting us off from the intergalactic community. Basically due to the fear we might again rise to become an unstoppable force.

The problem is they don't understand us completely and don't care about intervening. We really do have a problem as a society and the problems we have created all by ourselves (unfettered greed and corruption) maybe beyond fixing and do require outside help. At worst, they may have decided to use us for a variety of experiments. Even this society we live in may be part of their experiments.

Deep Space 9 have so many deep insights on what could be "real", the irony that we're all living in a dream we can't wake up from (like in Matrix)

posted on Sep, 15 2021 @ 08:20 PM
link   
I also can't help but notice many other works of fiction have parallels to the world(s) beneath our feet. It may be accidental or deliberate (as a form of insult)

The themes are all the same - suppression of "game-changing" technology and study of supernatural/paranormal/occult phenomena. Even the major religions in the world work to suppress these things and label these as "evil".
edit on 15-9-2021 by aviyyyyzzz because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 15 2021 @ 08:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: TerryMcGuire
a reply to: yuppa

And how might that ''help'' have evolved? Without help? Or might that'' help'' have evolved with ''help'' as well?

Everything has a start. Technology so advanced it looks like a miracle is possible.we live in a multiverse. possible a former member of another said universe came to this one and decided to start something.

posted on Sep, 15 2021 @ 08:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: yuppa

originally posted by: TerryMcGuire

And how might that ''help'' have evolved? Without help? Or might that'' help'' have evolved with ''help'' as well?

Everything has a start. Technology so advanced it looks like a miracle is possible.we live in a multiverse. possible a former member of another said universe came to this one and decided to start something.

It definitely looks like the entire intergalactic community is out to prevent our advancement in any meaningful way.

They could have killed us off entirely but maybe decided to use us in one huge "Social Experiment" or some kind of a game or other uses.

Those who might be thinking of helping us might also be bound by the same rules (that have usually allowed those with malevolent intents to operate with impunity). Like what use is honor and principles if the very same things allow evil to rule??? That's what you call imbecilic!

I think the only way to end all this, is a weapon that if possible, start a chain-reaction in the "quantum foam" and somehow, obliterate or transform all matter in the universe into another form. At least it will get their attention.

Things might be too late for correction and the only solution might be one big "reset" button.

edit on 15-9-2021 by aviyyyyzzz because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 15 2021 @ 11:49 PM
link   

Everything has a start.

Well that one is one of the huge questions that goes unresolved isn't it? Philosophers for ages and ages have gone around in circles on that one. The major scientific thought on that , before the Big Bang became the prevalent theory was the steady state theory laid out by Feynman I think it was. But even the Big Band is not the ''beginning but only the beginning of this version of existence of this specific cosmos.. It too has something before it.

I would say yes, finite stuff has a beginning but infinite does not, otherwise it would not be infinite. I see no reason or logic to not hold with an infinite existence.

Technology so advanced it looks like a miracle is possible.we live in a multiverse. possible a former member of another said universe came to this one and decided to start something.

This multiverse notion is questionable and more an assumptive philosophical tool, used as a ''place'' holder in our scientific theories. I kind of hold with it myself, but even then, if we are in a universe that is one of many unverses, would they all not be part of something larger? An ''over-verse'' if you will?

posted on Sep, 16 2021 @ 07:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: yuppa
a reply to: TerryMcGuire

How about there are no coincidences in the universe? Its astronomically high that we just "accidentally" evolved without some help. The universe runs on math.

Then something beat the odds - us or the help

posted on Sep, 16 2021 @ 10:01 AM
link   
The universe runs on math.

Let me fix this....

The universe runs on meth.

There, all set........😎

posted on Sep, 18 2021 @ 01:40 AM
link   
More likely, we are the ...

Pakleds

"We are smart. We have Jordi. Now we are strong."

edit on 2021-9-18 by EnhancedInterrogator because: Mobile auto incorrect

posted on Sep, 19 2021 @ 04:19 AM
link   
Trek system will be online when trek tech will be around social life not just ships...the sales of enterprise have lot of problems without shields. A dimensional system is the eonly way to not crush a trek ship

posted on Sep, 24 2021 @ 09:09 PM
link   
Thing is, interstellar travel would still be too slow, and would have to have pretty big warp multiplier to even travel to the closest star system. Which is around 40 light-years. It would take a year at constant pace of Warp 40.

Worm holes, particle duality an such like Mass Effects giant, star gate portals(can't recall their name) would probably be the best gamble. Getting it started would take forever(also the reason Lost in Space started) but Reapers did that for everyone.

Thing is no one knew how they worked at all, but could use them, only to have the Reapers end up using them from Deep Space. Also, the convenience of having access the gates hampered any species own designs for space travel since there was no need too.

All to stop any A.I from killing everything that sentient, even though the Reapers are an A.I, killing everything sentient, that can make A.I, that will kill everything sentient to kill any A.I.
edit on 24-9-2021 by Proto88 because: (no reason given)

edit on 24-9-2021 by Proto88 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1   >>

join