It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lethal radiation levels detected in Fukushima nuke plant reactor lid new update 9-15-2021

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 15 2021 @ 11:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: sapien82
a reply to: musicismagic

Only thing they can do really is like chernobyl build a new sarcophagus and make it 100 year proof and let the rest of the species deal with it in 100 years.

We are idiots we played with fire and got burned

my only hope is the mushrooms that eat radiation

There is already a sarcophagus around the Fukushima reactors. They were built with containment vessels that worked as designed.
Chernobyl on the other hand was a crime against humanity.
No containment.
Graphite moderator.
Can't believe they didn't use water as a moderator.

posted on Sep, 15 2021 @ 11:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: BrujaRebooted

originally posted by: MDDoxs

Bad situation!

This reminds me that I wanted to review the radiation levels of the Pacific Ocean periodically, since North America's west coast enjoys the fall out.

Ive heard that Blue Fin tuna around San Nicolas Island, CA have detectable levels, but its been a long time since Ive heard an update about current testing.

They also found detectable levels in California wine

www.pbs.org...
edit on 15-9-2021 by Bluntone22 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 15 2021 @ 11:14 AM
link   

Interesting thought... If it goes "China Syndrome" and hits the magma layer, would the weight of the nuclear material in liquid form be heavy enough to continue downwards (in an upwards magma flow) or would it be carried upwards (with the magma) in an eventual eruption or surface bleed out. Of course like clotting and veins, there is a high probability of self-sealing the breach. My money's on the self-sealing aspect, but this also depends on pressures, temperatures, water tables and the area of the breach from meltdown. If the radioactive material hits a water table then we have immediate and very serious problem, since it will eject radioactive steam into the atmosphere.

Who knows, just another nasty situation in a series of nasty situations that appears to culminate in planned depopulation and human culling.

Cheers - Dave

posted on Sep, 15 2021 @ 11:21 AM
link   
a reply to: bobs_uruncle

The china syndrome was a decent movie but bad science.

posted on Sep, 15 2021 @ 11:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22

The china syndrome was a decent movie but bad science.

I know, that's why I said that a natural sealing of the breach from a meltdown would be likely, except in the event of hitting a water table, then you radioactive steam, wooo hooo!

Cheers - Dave

posted on Sep, 15 2021 @ 01:33 PM
link   
a reply to: Bluntone22

I thought there were actually several built around them (like 3). Early on it was clear the 1st one had been breached, that much was known. Now it's sounding like the 2nd one has also been breached and/or is leaking.

posted on Sep, 15 2021 @ 01:42 PM
link   

Fukushima....the gift that keeps on giving.

This is some crappy news.

posted on Sep, 15 2021 @ 01:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: Vasa Croe

A gift with a half life of 4.5 billion years. That is a lot of giving...too much.

posted on Sep, 15 2021 @ 09:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: MDDoxs

originally posted by: Vasa Croe

A gift with a half life of 4.5 billion years. That is a lot of giving...too much.

That's pretty much the age of our planet.

Who the f# thought it was a good idea to put a nuclear power station on a shoreline in an earthquake hotspot?

Seriously, the people who build these are supposed to be smart but it often looks like they don't know wtf they are doing...

posted on Sep, 15 2021 @ 10:02 PM
link   
a reply to: robsmith

They could use the robots, to go in and clean up the mess. But how do motherboards perform with that high amount of radiation?

posted on Sep, 15 2021 @ 10:04 PM
link   

Way down in the Magma its pretty radio active anyway, it might be better to let it meltdown.

posted on Sep, 15 2021 @ 10:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22

originally posted by: loam
... because this year just couldn't get any better.

Well since the radiation is inside the containment vessel where it belongs and not outside, I would say yeah, it could be worse.

???? Did we read the same thing? What does leak mean to you?

after lethal radiation levels equivalent to those of melted nuclear fuel were detected near one of the lids covering a reactor.

posted on May, 31 2022 @ 03:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Wide-Eyes -- The designers and builders of the Fukushima nuclear power plant were a now-defunct subsidiary of General Electric corporation, which itself is now nearly defunct as well. Ever since the onset of the Fukushima nuclear disaster, our family stopped buying anything from GE.

The Japanese government publicized the "clean-up" they did in Fukushima prefecture and the other directly irradiated regions, but that clean-up only happened in populated areas. The forested regions in those prefectures never had remediation done (to remove those radioactive isotopes). Oops. About five years ago, the NHK News show, broadcast on US public television in some regions (in English), showcased a new business in Fukushima prefecture. A new forest products company cuts down dead/dying trees and chops up the wood for sale to the public all over Japan for home fireplaces in the winter time. Good grief, Charlie Brown, what a terrible idea that is. The airborne emission over time of a smaller or larger amount of radioisotopes from those wood fires is inevitable. Of course, some prevailing winds blow from Japan over North America, where I live, so all I can shout about that is, "Incoming!"

posted on May, 31 2022 @ 05:27 PM
link   
a reply to: Uphill

Do you have any links to the info about radioactive firewood?

That sounds insane.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join