It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hitler's project is the Hamburg-Crimea highway

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 15 2021 @ 05:04 AM
link   
During World War II in Germany, at the direction of Hitler, it was planned to build a wide highway from Hamburg to the Crimea. The 2,000 km route was supposed to pass through the territories of Poland and Ukraine, the travel time was supposed to be 2 days. Nothing unusual, you say, Germany has built many autobahns. But the reason why they wanted to build this road is very interesting.

In Northern Italy, there is the province of South Tyrol. The province, with an area of ​​7400 km2 (roughly as 1/4 of Crimea) and a population of 500,000, was inhabited mainly by ethnic Germans. After the First World War, the Italian fascists engaged in harsh oppression of the Germans in Tyrol. They were forbidden to speak their native language, streets and cities were renamed, Germans were forbidden to hold parades, etc.

German schools were closed and German literature was banned. And this despite the fact that 86% of South Tyrol at that time considered themselves Germans and spoke German. Similar things are happening now with regard to Russians in the Baltics and Ukraine.

In 1938, the Tyrolean Germans were given an ultimatum - either resettlement to Germany, or full integration into the Italians, abandoning their language, history and traditions. As a result, 78,000 Tyroleans moved to Germany (Third Reich). The rest stayed.

In Nazi Germany, there was a prominent Austrian propagandist and politician who from 1942 to 1944 held the position of manager of the Nazi occupation bodies in the Crimea, Alfred Frauenfeld. Having admired Crimea, he wrote the book "Crimea", in which he argued that the Crimea had belonged to the Germans (Goths) since ancient times and that it had been populated by Tyrolean Germans, as well as Soviet Germans from the Volga region and North American Germans, whom he considered the descendants of the Goths. And join to Germany.

He wrote another book, "The reasons and meaning of our struggle," in which he suggested:

1. Rename Crimea to Gothenland
2. Rename Simferopol to Gotsburg
3. Sevastopol to Theodorichshafen
4. Replace the population of Crimea with 500,000 people from South Tyrol

“Tyroleans are accustomed to living in Italy, where the climate is mild, where there are mountains and grapes grow. But from Italy they are forced out to Germany, and this is stressful for them, because German nature is more severe.
Therefore, resettlement to the Crimea would be a pleasant salvation for the Tyroleans, because the Crimean land is similar in climate and landscape to the Italian one. They are even located at roughly the same latitude. "

Hitler fully supported the idea of ​​Alfred Frauenfeld and for the convenience of communication with the new province and the convenience of resettlement, after the end of the war, he ordered the construction of the Hamburg-Gotsburg (Simferopol) highway. But the project did not materialize, in 1944 Crimea was liberated by the Soviet army.

Europe only in 1992 was able to solve the problem of infringement of the rights of the Tyroleans. They were finally allowed to open German schools, use the German language, and even hold municipal offices. Although, separatist sentiments in Tyrol still exist ...

Thanks.

posted on Sep, 15 2021 @ 09:16 AM
link   
I had some Russian-German classmates, here in Germany, they were "damn Russians" and in Russia, they were "damn Germans". Similar like Tiroler, they were not allowed to speak the language or practice the culture.

Settled back here, they were expected to know or relearn German. Many of those classmates articulated themselves better because they learned High-German first and then the local dialect. That too brought them discrimination because they "speak strange".

Humans...

posted on Sep, 15 2021 @ 09:29 AM
link   
a reply to: ThatDamnDuckAgain

Re: "damn (whoever)". One source of border tension are people who live there that define their citizenship based on which side of the border is offering the best deal at any given moment. I've seen situations in which the "borderers" are not particularly liked by either country along the border as they are perceived as opportunistic. Human nature at work, I suppose.

Cheers

posted on Sep, 15 2021 @ 09:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: RussianTroll
In 1938, the Tyrolean Germans were given an ultimatum - either resettlement to Germany, or full integration into the Italians...

Oh, that's a toughie.

Option One: Always be chronically on time, fail to comprehend jokes and be very utilitarian.

Option Two: Not be Option One.

posted on Sep, 15 2021 @ 09:32 AM
link   

You will be surprised, but my great-great-grandfather on the female line is German from Leipzig)))
In the second half of the 19th century, he came to Russia and was a major official in the city of Baku. I had many relatives of Germans, some left for Germany, and many returned back)))

posted on Sep, 15 2021 @ 09:36 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

It would be logical to ask the Tyrolean Germans themselves if they are present at the forum.

posted on Sep, 15 2021 @ 09:41 AM
link   
a reply to: RussianTroll

I got no problem with someone who speaks a native language using it among family, friends or express their culture or any business that want's to accommodate them .

What i do have a problem with is that someone expecting everybody in the country they moved to learn to speak their language and make it possible so they can communicate.

You choose to move and live there, you should at least learn how to speak the language of the place you moved to, not the other way around

edit on 15-9-2021 by TomCollin because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 15 2021 @ 09:46 AM
link   

It would be logical to ask the Tyrolean Germans themselves if they are present at the forum.

Gonna wager that no one from 1938 Tyrol is on ATS.

posted on Sep, 15 2021 @ 09:48 AM
link   
a reply to: F2d5thCavv2

Yeah but in their case it's a bit different than that and generations in between the settling. Multifold historical reasons, portraying them as "the grass is greener there" types is not in alignment with reality.

There is also a difference between Germans in Russia and Germans from Russia.

posted on Sep, 15 2021 @ 09:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: TomCollin

I got no problem with someone who speaks a native language using it among family, friends or express their culture or any business that want's to accommodate them .

What i do have a problem with is that someone expecting everybody in the country they moved to learn to speak their language and make it possible so they can communicate.

You choose to move and live there, you should at least learn how to speak the language of the place you moved to, not the other way around

I completely agree with you. Another issue is the protection of the language and culture of national minorities who, by the will of politics or war, ended up in another country. They must be supported in every possible way, otherwise you can get a hotbed of tension in your state.

posted on Sep, 15 2021 @ 09:51 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

It could be possible, some people live well into their 90's or older. And some old folks are pretty savvy and use the internet.
But yea it's a long shot.

posted on Sep, 15 2021 @ 09:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

Gonna wager that no one from 1938 Tyrol is on ATS.

I will not dare to accept your bet))) But the question is still interesting.

posted on Sep, 15 2021 @ 09:53 AM
link   

Yes, I agree with you; I wasn't referring to the German-Russian situation. Just a comment on residents of border regions, when there are not politics in play that prompt people to seek safety.

Cheers

posted on Sep, 15 2021 @ 09:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: ThatDamnDuckAgain

There is also a difference between Germans in Russia and Germans from Russia.

Yes, there is a difference. There were entire German cities in Azerbaijan as part of Russia, I was there. For example, Khanlar, was founded by the Germans and was originally called Helenendorf. In 1941, with the beginning of the war, all the Germans were evicted from there to Kazakhstan, their place was taken by the Armenians. Then, in 1988, the Armenians were also expelled, and now Azerbaijanis live there. But even now, neat houses have been preserved under the tiles and lovely front gardens.
The Volga Germans and the Germans from Kazakhstan mainly emigrated to Germany. They were very Russified. Due to the fact that many Jews emigrated under this program, in Russia it is called the second Jewish emigration.

posted on Sep, 15 2021 @ 10:16 AM
link   

I knew a few from Kazakhstan but most were from the Volga region or even White Russia. Many from the Volga region had German fore- and lastnames while Kazakhstan and White Russia had more foreign last names.

I understand that it depends on marriage, the lastname, but it was something noticeable and that stuck out to me. Their mindset was a bit different too. They would share much more of anything, would work together in groups and share the workload in school, but not being exclusive.

It's kind of hard to explain. There was a lot of parental infused mistrust though, sentences like "5 years here, Mercedes, House, outrageous" kind of sowed that mistrust among the kids. Envy. To summarize it, I had the impression that because of their backstory, they saw life a bit different than protected, born and raised Germans.

posted on Sep, 15 2021 @ 10:18 AM
link   

My bad, I was kind of thinking it was a direct answer about what I wrote.

posted on Sep, 15 2021 @ 10:24 AM
link   

I knew a few from Kazakhstan but most were from the Volga region or even White Russia. Many from the Volga region had German fore- and lastnames while Kazakhstan and White Russia had more foreign last names.

I understand that it depends on marriage, the lastname, but it was something noticeable and that stuck out to me. Their mindset was a bit different too. They would share much more of anything, would work together in groups and share the workload in school, but not being exclusive.

It's kind of hard to explain. There was a lot of parental infused mistrust though, sentences like "5 years here, Mercedes, House, outrageous" kind of sowed that mistrust among the kids. Envy. To summarize it, I had the impression that because of their backstory, they saw life a bit different than protected, born and raised Germans.

Agree. Russian Germans, having absorbed a kind of collectivism inherent in Russians, have always been very hardworking and responsible people. They brought these qualities to Germany as well, remaining in great love for Russia. We have on TV many political scientists from Germany who have reached a high position in politics. Their comments are always friendly to Russia and they are always in favor of the union of Russia and Germany. The emigrants under this program, Jews, on the contrary, are almost always enemies of Russia. I cannot explain this phenomenon, because everyone lived and were brought up in the same conditions.

posted on Sep, 15 2021 @ 10:35 AM
link   

The idea to be enemy to a country is ridiculous. Mostly it's cultural differences that lead to trouble, or the intolerance thereof.

Also, in the English speaking domains, there seems to be a heavy misfortune wished to Russians. Regardless what it's about, Russians can do nothing right. A vaccine from Russia? "lol". I get it is from the cold war still, but it seems like it is still going on strong.

If not for Russian rocket tech, the US would have a big problem lifting their cargo to space. But Russia = snow, drunks and nothing good ever, right?

posted on Sep, 15 2021 @ 10:49 AM
link   
Haha))))
Of course, there is a difference in mentality. I'll tell you one story. I and two of my classmates went to Germany, to a small town, to visit our classmate who was married to a German. We drove from Moscow in a luxurious Mercedes of the latest S-class model, bought food, drinks and meat in a supermarket. We arrived and decided to fry a barbecue from meat in the courtyard of their house. But we were told with horror that we need to get a permit for barbecue in the municipality. We went to the municipality, bought a permit (I don't remember, or 18 or 25 euros), returned and began to grill a barbecue. The police came to us 5-6 times (vigilant neighbors), checked the permit and left. Moreover. since the town is small, the same policemen came every time. We once again met them with laughter, offered fried meat and vodka, but they were stoic)))
For Russia, this situation is very funny, especially with vigilant neighbors. They could just come and have a drink and a meal with us. But this is a difference in mentality and laws)))

posted on Sep, 15 2021 @ 10:53 AM
link   

My bad, I was kind of thinking it was a direct answer about what I wrote.

No, no "bads". It was my comment that was not specific and somewhat off topic. Prosit back at you

Cheers

top topics

<<   2 >>

join