It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chips and shortages now affecting transport.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 14 2021 @ 10:20 PM
link   
It would be wise to get some form of retro transport organized which is low-tech., and uses minimal amounts of fuel. Electronic ignition seems to stay reliable over time but anything with a motherboard will just be in a parking lot for the foreseeable future if it breaks down. This truck repair guy has posted that this mechanical repair facility, has now turned into a parking lot waiting for parts.
Also some interesting things are happening around these trucks that rely on software, as they can only be repaired by authorized agents of the Truck makers. As they own the software. So it looks like a fifty-five Dodge might still be the most reliable form of transport if it wasn't for those pesky emission standards. Clown world ongoing.www.bitchute.com...

posted on Sep, 14 2021 @ 10:32 PM
link   
a reply to: anonentity

Electronic ignition seems to stay reliable over time
Not with an EMP.

Points and plugs are the only way to go.

My first car was a 63 bug. I loved that car. Its name was Turtle.

edit on 9/14/2021 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2021 @ 10:36 PM
link   
Toyota cut production of 370000 cars last month. Electronic parts from China are all back logged. Actually, not all China, but all producers in South East Asia are having a difficult time filling orders.

posted on Sep, 14 2021 @ 10:40 PM
link   
Sure, instead of keeping things relatively simple, load up everything with electronics which can be destroyed by a little voltage surge, then buy all of this technology from a different country half way around the world.

We should never have let that happen in this country, we should have been keeping up our factories and also using reasonable environmental factors in those factories. China and India are poluting things...it is not all their fault, we want everything cheap and the people selling the products want the products to die way faster which means they get to sell everyone the same thing again in five to seven years. They wanted cheap products so people would keep on buying and the Chinese and India people are living in poluted environments and that polution is spreading all over the globe.

posted on Sep, 14 2021 @ 10:41 PM
link   
Production has been diverted to making nanochips for the vaccines.

Duh.

posted on Sep, 14 2021 @ 10:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: musicismagic
Toyota cut production of 370000 cars last month. Electronic parts from China are all back logged. Actually, not all China, but all producers in South East Asia are having a difficult time filling orders.

I don't have to remind you, I know you know, Toyota was the premier of just in time logistics. It gets better, they realized certain parts were actually better off sitting on a shelf because they realized other companies logistics were not in line.

If Toyota is experiencing supply chain issuses, with the big brains that run that company, we are in for some real interesting times folks.

Just in time by Toyota

posted on Sep, 14 2021 @ 10:44 PM
link   

I have a forty seven dodge truck, that thing would probably run on deisel fuel. I haven't started it in over ten years, because my six volt battery froze in the forty seven cub...forgot to take it out and put it into the garage.

posted on Sep, 14 2021 @ 10:45 PM
link   
Not automative but related. I recently tried to get a sub panel for a electrical problem a friend was having. The circuit breakers are on back order into the many thousands of breakers. A guesstimated delivery time on that brand was at least a year. Went through looking into four other brands and finally found one that could be built in three weeks. A couple of years ago, it would have been available the next day.

It is not just the high tech parts that are in short supply.

posted on Sep, 14 2021 @ 10:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: anonentity
It would be wise to get some form of retro transport organized which is low-tech., and uses minimal amounts of fuel. Electronic ignition seems to stay reliable over time but anything with a motherboard will just be in a parking lot for the foreseeable future if it breaks down. This truck repair guy has posted that this mechanical repair facility, has now turned into a parking lot waiting for parts.
Also some interesting things are happening around these trucks that rely on software, as they can only be repaired by authorized agents of the Truck makers. As they own the software. So it looks like a fifty-five Dodge might still be the most reliable form of transport if it wasn't for those pesky emission standards. Clown world ongoing.www.bitchute.com...

I have been seeing this as well. If the Chinese supplier doesn't have stock-in-hand for electronic components, you're screwed. I have 5 orders now waiting on parts that I can only get from China, all for amplifiers and RF equipment. Funny enough though, my AMD 5G RF power meter measurement chips came in, but they came in from the States from SIH with AMD. Two samples about the size of the head of a pin (SMD) at $1138 usd each, wowsers! Just to measure 5G power levels.

Cheers - Dave

posted on Sep, 14 2021 @ 10:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: litterbaux

originally posted by: musicismagic

I don't have to remind you, I know you know, Toyota was the premier of just in time logistics. It gets better, they realized certain parts were actually better off sitting on a shelf because they realized other companies logistics were not in line.

If Toyota is experiencing supply chain issuses, with the big brains that run that company, we are in for some real interesting times folks.

Just in time by Toyota

Great video, thanks.

posted on Sep, 14 2021 @ 11:16 PM
link   
I sold my 53, but still have my 49 flat head Scoot. She will get me anywhere I need to go

posted on Sep, 14 2021 @ 11:27 PM
link   

More industrial complex. No ones wants to or is working. Hopefully companies smartened up & invented & bought more machinery to work instead of these lazy humans.

If the lockdown was good for one thing, it would be to create a more robotic future. & everyone loved it

posted on Sep, 14 2021 @ 11:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
Production has been diverted to making nanochips for the vaccines.

Duh.

The problem with nanochips is that they aren't very filling.

But you can get a lot of 'em out of each potato.

posted on Sep, 14 2021 @ 11:58 PM
link   
Its not just the automotive industry. I'm in the hydraulics industry, doing repairs as well as system designs and machining of cylinders etc. The amount of stuff that ive been having to wait on backorder was already pretty ridiculous, but now we are seeing it with electronic control components, in a pretty big way.

It started with inflated supply costs on materials and components, then we started seeing supply shortages of hose and hose ends and now electronic components that use any form of integrated circuitry.

Unfortunately I think this is just the tip of the iceberg.

posted on Sep, 15 2021 @ 12:07 AM
link   
a reply to: Phage

But phage I have an almost new 125 cc HN Suzuki, I bought a spare electronic system last year for 17 dollars, and a new top piston for sixty dollars anticipating these problems, along with filters. Wynns cuts mechanical wear by 80% a capful in the oil is all that's needed . I measured the fuel consumption it's about 300miles out of the twelve-litre tank. The Chinese motorcycles are either the CB Honda 125 or the Suzuki HN 125 so the parts for them are super cheap and plentiful.The bike is so small I could make parts on the mini lathe if i had too. I just thought that might be a good insurance if any one is interested. As the Suzuki factory was operating in China on Japanese quality control I think it is closed now.

posted on Sep, 15 2021 @ 12:16 AM
link   

EMP will cook electronics real good. Unless you went for milspec, that might hold up.

posted on Sep, 15 2021 @ 12:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: Phage

Electronic ignition seems to stay reliable over time
Not with an EMP.

Points and plugs are the only way to go.

My first car was a 63 bug. I loved that car. Its name was Turtle.

Just keep your potentially toasty bits in an old, unplugged microwave.

Perfect improvisational Farraday cage - if it can keep microwaves in, it can keep EMP's out.

posted on Sep, 15 2021 @ 12:56 AM
link   
a reply to: Mantiss2021

An EMP ...isn't it a load of electrons trying to find the path of least resistance?

posted on Sep, 15 2021 @ 01:24 AM
link   

An EMP ...isn't it a load of electrons trying to find the path of least resistance?

No. It is a pulse of electromagnetic radiation. While a microwave oven would offer some protection against frequencies above a certain wavelength (that which the oven uses), it wouldn't work for very high frequency radiation.

You also couldn't ride your bike if your ignition system is in your microwave oven.

edit on 9/15/2021 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 15 2021 @ 02:54 AM
link   
a reply to: Phage

The backup system isn't in any circuit. Mabey I should get a set of points organized.

<<   2 >>

join