It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

INSPIRATION 4 all civilian mission scheduled to launch September 15

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 14 2021 @ 07:46 PM
link   
The INSPIRATION 4 all civilian space mission is on track to launch September 15

The launch window opens at 2000 EDT (thats 8 PM for all you REMF)

The mission would launch on a Crew Dragon capsule, previously used to take astronauts to ISS, boosted by previously flown FALCON 9

The mission is brain child of billionaire Jared Isaacman, founder of SHIFT4PAYMENTS, who saw it as a vehicle to raise money for ST JUDES Children Hospital Isaacman paid for the Falcon 9 booster and mission costs Isaacman is a licensed pilot who flys jet aircraft

People who participated in fund raising efforts were given a chance at a seat on the flight

Other crew members are Chris Sembroski . Lockheed Martin engineer He participated in fund raising , but lost out. A friend at Emery Riddle University won the seat, but was unable to make the flight. He then donated it to Sembroski

Dr Sian Proctor, a geosciences professor won the seat by creating a model using Shift4Payments for the fund raising She is a licensed pilot and was a candidate in NASA 2009 astronaut class

Hayley Arceneaux is a physician assistant at St Jude. She survived childhood bone cancer and is flying with a artificial knee joint and titanium rods in her femur She is at 29 the youngest American to fly into space

The booster was static fired over the weekend

The final launch time will be determined based on technical concerns and weather in the abort corridor

The flight will not dock with the ISS, but orbit at altitude of 550 km (340 miles) above earth at inclination of 51 deg

posted on Sep, 14 2021 @ 09:03 PM
link   
a reply to: firerescue

Weather at KSC has good odds per the 45th WX Squadron. It's the abort and downrange weather that's concerning.

Plus, I'm going to do my best to be there for the launch, so that's a high probability of a scrub all on its own.

Edit to add:

Current weather forecast from 45th. PDF warning. Only for weather at KSC, not downrange.
edit on 9/14/2021 by cmdrkeenkid because: Added additional response.

posted on Sep, 14 2021 @ 10:12 PM
link   
a reply to: firerescue

Have a link for the LIVE broadcast. πŸ‘πŸΌπŸ˜

posted on Sep, 15 2021 @ 10:07 AM
link   

posted on Sep, 16 2021 @ 09:43 AM
link   
I don't seem to be finding any updates out there.

posted on Sep, 16 2021 @ 10:09 AM
link   
I think this is pretty incredible and imagine where we will be in ten years if this progression doesn't stop.

posted on Sep, 16 2021 @ 11:33 AM
link   
Ticket price for all four seats $200 000

Correction $200 000 000
edit on 16-9-2021 by Ove38 because: correction

posted on Sep, 16 2021 @ 11:42 AM
link   
a reply to: Ove38

Probably need an extra set of zeroes there. I believe it's around $50 million per seat, making it around $200 million for all four.

posted on Sep, 16 2021 @ 11:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: mikell
I don't seem to be finding any updates out there.

edit on 16-9-2021 by Ove38 because: text fix

posted on Sep, 17 2021 @ 10:36 AM
link   
4 Pictures is all the updates we get?

top topics

join