It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US Chairman of Joint Chiefs Openly Admits to committing Treason and Sedition

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 15 2021 @ 09:45 AM
link   
a reply to: Thoughtcrime

I seem to recall that Woodward’s previous book about alleged Russian collusion in the 2016 election was proved a hoax,

So then he is a liar? In my experience if you lie about one thing. I don't believe you about anything. The guy is trying to sell books, which is a extremely good reason to lie.

Can you imagine how well a book about General John Doe would sell, if it read like this. John Doe followed orders to the letter, never broke any rules. Went to church on Sunday and helped little old ladies across the street. I am sure that would make the best seller list. But it should be investigated. Right along with every other general and politician in DC. Money and power breed corruption.

But that didn’t stop the MSM from relying on it.

I don't doubt that. It's all about click revenue. From any media/news outlet.

posted on Sep, 15 2021 @ 09:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: FunshineCD
Now this may not be the same situation, and it reads like it may not be, but, did we not warn Syria of incoming airstrikes a few years ago? Possibly with the permission of the president? I don;t think it is precedent setting notifying an enemy of incoming, but without the blessing of the President, that probably would be.

But I did ask in another thread, What if.... What if Trump ,or any other president was so mad at at losing an election or spilling a drink on his favorite socks, that he said "F it, carpet bomb Afghanistan, or China or Epstiens island. A direct order from the commander in chief of the armed forces. What safeguards are in place? Seriously.

The order to launch it needs to be verified by the secretary of defense to be an authentic order given by the president. Omce hes talked to the president and verified the orders he contacts the commander of the combatant command. They will set up launches and get the proper codes ready.

May the Secretary of Defense refuse an order to initiate a preemptive war against say North Korea because he believes it is a terrible idea that will result in hundreds of thousands of deaths? What steps might the Secretary take to immunize the U.S. Armed Forces from carrying out such presidential commands? He can say it's unlawful command and refuse to follow it in which case it will e decided in court martial.

The President and the Secretary of Defense together comprise the “ Command Authority,” the civilian team with the power to issue legally-binding orders on members of the military. The President has ultimate authority as Commander-in-Chief and the Secretary of Defense has delegated responsibility to lead the DoD. The Secretary’s authority is explicitly “subject to the direction of the President,” and like all other appointed cabinet members, the Secretary serves at the pleasure of the President and can be fired at any time for any reason. The Secretary implements the President’s preferred policies by directing the administrative staff, military departments, Joint Chiefs of Staff, the combatant commands, and other DoD entities. These provisions make clear that if the Secretary of Defense refused to obey the President’s order, the President could fire him and every other subordinate who refused to carry out his order until the President finds someone who will.

If a disagreement arises between the President and the Secretary of Defense, the President’s view, and whatever orders stem from that view, carry the day. The uniformed leadership then has to either comply or risk being relieved of command and court-martialed in accordance with Article 92 of the Uniform Code of Military Justice.

Now he can disagree with an order and risk court martial, For the Secretary of Defense, that means—if he thinks appropriate—resigning in protest, resisting until fired, informing congressional leaders (in or out of public), or quietly coordinating with the Vice President and others for presidential removal under the 25th Amendment. However, none of this will get you in major trouble since he already retired. Time after time Trump claimed he was good at judging people yet during his entire administration his own people were working against him.

Now back channeling to china that's treason and technically could be shot though, in reality, he would just go to jail. The only people that could get away with this would be CIA.

edit on 9/15/21 by dragonridr because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 15 2021 @ 09:47 AM
link   
a reply to: Uknownparadox

I was backing up what you said. Yes, Woodward is a PROVEN serial liar, in fact.

posted on Sep, 15 2021 @ 09:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: PerfectAnomoly
a reply to: caf1550

Fair comment.. he may have overstepped his position slightly..
PA

Slightly ?????

posted on Sep, 15 2021 @ 10:12 AM
link   

a reply to: network dude

If Biden was Trump, then yes...

If Biden starts behaving in the manner that Trump did, then yes...

PA

So you will be happy to put one guy, who wasn't elected, in charge of the nation's security, based on his feelings at the time?

Why do we even have a Constitution and laws? Just do what you feel is right, and no repercussions should be had. You are an anarchist. I wonder if you fully grasp that.

posted on Sep, 15 2021 @ 10:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: network dude

PA

So you will be happy to put one guy, who wasn't elected, in charge of the nation's security, based on his feelings at the time?

Why do we even have a Constitution and laws? Just do what you feel is right, and no repercussions should be had. You are an anarchist. I wonder if you fully grasp that.

Well, this wouldn't have been the first time a sec def took steps to prevent a nuclear war. Henry Kissinger stopped Nixon from launching nukes.

medium.com...

posted on Sep, 15 2021 @ 10:22 AM
link   
a reply to: dragonridr

Indeed he did...

Sometimes it is necessary...

There is precedent..

PA

posted on Sep, 15 2021 @ 10:24 AM
link   

See Dragonridr's post above...

There is precedent..

The presidnet does not have complete authority on these matters...

I'm surprised you don't know that?

PA

posted on Sep, 15 2021 @ 10:25 AM
link   
a reply to: dragonridr

This isn't about the moral judgement of anyone involved, this is about the legal jurisprudence of the event. Was a law broken? Was proper protocol followed? Is there a punishment for engaging in a coup against a sitting president of the United States even if he's orange?

Nobody seems to dispute the alleged facts. The law is quite clear. It was put in place for a reason. Either the law matters, or we can all rob banks at will. There is no middle ground. If you disagree, I'd really love to hear that reasoning.

posted on Sep, 15 2021 @ 10:26 AM
link   
I think everyone should just be pleased a war didnt start with China.

No one would be sat here typing if it had.

posted on Sep, 15 2021 @ 10:29 AM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

General Milley deserves to be awarded the Congressional Medal of Honor, for his conspicuous gallantry in action against the likes of "crazy" Donald J. Trump.

posted on Sep, 15 2021 @ 10:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: dragonridr

PA

Well, this wouldn't have been the first time a sec def took steps to prevent a nuclear war. Henry Kissinger stopped Nixon from launching nukes.

medium.com...

Good old Henry Kissinger lol - Quite the comparison - and you think a NWO cheerleader sets the precedent lol

edit on 9152021 by MetalThunder because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 15 2021 @ 10:33 AM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

Love this logic... Our former president was so unstable that people thought he might attempt a 'coup' and claim the election was rigged, attack other countries or do something to claim power even though he was voted out of office. People saw that behavior and were putting checks and balances in place to make sure that if he acted like he had previously demonstrated in the past that we didn't devolve the entire planet into a war over his temper tantrum...

Let that sink in....

And now we are saying that the people that were trying to protect the planet were committing treason while the actions of the previous president were not only examined but embraced by his followers. Really? The people that were trying to potentially counteract the potential illegal actions of a sitting president were 'at fault'? Hmmm.. Okay...

Honestly we are so doomed. This 'cult' of Trump is destroying everything.. Now we were ripe for a fall, it isn't like the non-trump leaders are going to lead us to salvation... But the mindset of the trump cult is .. well ... off...

posted on Sep, 15 2021 @ 10:36 AM
link   
a reply to: mzinga

Very well said sir...

Unfortunately members of the cult of Trump don't seem to able to see what you and I see..

PA

posted on Sep, 15 2021 @ 10:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: everyone

originally posted by: opethPA

originally posted by: everyone

originally posted by: opethPA
I don't see a violation in his reinforcing and reviewing the established procedures for launching nuclear weapons.

"According to the book, Milley even called a meeting of senior officers to go over the formal procedures for launching nuclear weapons. While the president has the authority to give the order, Milley reminded the officers that he himself needed to be involved. “No matter what you’re told, you do the procedure. You do the process,” he said. “And I’m part of that procedure. You’ve got to make sure that the right people are on the net.”

There seem to be conflicting sources out there on if his contact with Li is something he should be removed for. For my own edification I want to read up more about what military rules were actually violated.

. You’ve got to make sure that the right people are on the net.”

And the right people does not include the enemy. I doubt you need to have finished high school to understand that.

The on net statement he made is around the nuclear weapons.
The enemy in this case is in regards to the Li side of things.

You know they aren't the same right which is why i said I dont see anything wrong with his confirming the nuclear process and i want to read more about the Li scenario.

Just to have this be clear. You think that it is protocol for a general to inform a country like china when The U.S plans a nuclear strike on it ?

That isn't what I have said in any post on this topic.
That isn't what Milley is alleged to have said or done.
That isn't what has been reported by any of the sources that I have read to this point.

There are two scenarios that seem most egregious on the surface:

1. Reviewing the process of Nuclear Launches with the US military staff

"In an rare move, the outlet reported, Milley called a secret meeting of senior military officials at the Pentagon on Jan. 8 to review the process for military action — including launching nuclear weapons. He instructed those in charge of the National Military Command Center, the Pentagon's war room, not to take orders from anyone without his involvement."

www.usatoday.com...

This seems normal and not unexpected.

2. Reaching out to Chinese General Li confirming we wouldn't attack unless they were notified

"Milley also reassured Chinese Gen. Li Zuocheng of the People’s Liberation Army that the U.S. had no intention of launching a strike against China, according to the paper. It was one of two secret phone calls shared with Li on the issue."

Same source as item 1

This seems abnormal , bordering on if not outright Treason or at least violation of Military protocol, chain of command scenarios. From what I can see Milley was trying to do what he thought was best for the country but that doesn't change the fact, similar to Snowden , that certain lines were crossed.

posted on Sep, 15 2021 @ 10:39 AM
link   
It appears that there are quite a few cherries that have never served nor have taken a civics class.

The state of our nation is pathetic if these actions are applauded.

posted on Sep, 15 2021 @ 10:49 AM
link   
Rand Paul continues to be one of the few BRAVE Republican Senators.

Gen Milley should submit to a Polygraph: www.foxnews.com...

posted on Sep, 15 2021 @ 10:50 AM
link   

PA

medium.com...

"Army Gen. Mark A. Milley, the chairman of the joint chiefs of staff knew that he was 'pulling a Schlesinger.' the authors wrote in the book, 'Peril,' resorting to measures resembling the ones taken in August 1974 by James R. Schlesinger, the defense secretary at the time. Schlesinger told military officials to check with him and the chairman of the Joint Chiefs before carrying out orders from President Richard M. Nixon, who was facing impeachment at the time."/exnews]

quotes: The Washington Post - "New book details Milley's secret calls" - by Isaac Stanley Baker - Wednesday, September 15, 2021

posted on Sep, 15 2021 @ 10:58 AM
link   

PA

medium.com...

As long as you ignore that that milley IS NOT sec def, huge difference between a civilian and a serving general acting to get around the sitting President of the United States... the UCMJ frowns on that kind of heavily.

posted on Sep, 15 2021 @ 11:07 AM
link   
A sailor takes a photo of his station inside a submarine and e-mails it to his Mom. Gets 20 years in prison.

A Top General colludes with enemy China against the U.S.. His boss (Joe Biden) doesn't care.

From this, to forced Vaccinations, our nation is in need of a major forced reversal, ASAP.

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join