It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Afghan evacuee flights to US halted after measles cases among recent arrivals

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 14 2021 @ 12:51 PM
link   

"‘Operation Allies Welcome’ flights into the United States have been temporarily paused at the request of the [Centers for Disease Control] and out of an abundance of caution because of four diagnosed cases of measles among Afghans who recently arrived in the United States," White House Press Secretary Jen Psaki told reporters.

www.foxnews.com...

"All those who had been in contact with the infected person at base have been isolated, and post-exposure prophylaxis and inoculations are in process," the notice said.

It says that the virus is so contagious that if one person has it, up to 90% of the people close to that person who are not immune will also be infected, and that the virus can live for up to two hours in an airspace even after an infected person leaves the area.

I have to wonder what else is waiting in the wings to rear its ugly head. It's measles. Most people here are vaccinated against it, but this entire Afghanistan pullout and evacuation has been a Keystone Cops episode.

posted on Sep, 14 2021 @ 01:02 PM
link   
I dont trust em. They swap allegiences in a heartbeat based on who pays em.

I have a problem with peeps all of a sudden having a conscious about Afghans after these past twenty years, aint no damned body on here cared about these people prior to 1996, but now we do?

Thats purely cuz of TV.

I still remember getting security briefings about Osama Bin Laden.....in 1996. Saudi offered his head on a platter and Clinton refused.

Bet nobody even remembers the Taliban blasting those ancient statues up.

Just saying...peeps need a reality check on Afghanistan, and check some history....plenty here on ATS to read about.

posted on Sep, 14 2021 @ 01:14 PM
link   
a reply to: lakenheath24
Yeah , and now I wonder about the other thread on the National Guard driving school buses .
Measles ?
Or Dire Straits ?

posted on Sep, 14 2021 @ 01:26 PM
link   
Is the Biden Admin going to mandate Measles vaccinations for them? Asking for a friend

posted on Sep, 14 2021 @ 01:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Gothmog

Havent read that thread, but again.....TV inspired?

Illegal immigrants at the Mexican border have been bringing disease across the border for decades now.....including TB. Loads of articles about it. I did a paper on it in skool.

aapsonline.org...

Afghanistan aint a Biden issue, its a US issue. Sure, he effed it up in the end, but so did every Prez since what Carter?

posted on Sep, 14 2021 @ 01:30 PM
link   
All so professional and businesslike 😃

posted on Sep, 14 2021 @ 01:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: lakenheath24
I dont trust em. They swap allegiences in a heartbeat based on who pays em.

I have a problem with peeps all of a sudden having a conscious about Afghans after these past twenty years, aint no damned body on here cared about these people prior to 1996, but now we do?

Thats purely cuz of TV.

I still remember getting security briefings about Osama Bin Laden.....in 1996. Saudi offered his head on a platter and Clinton refused.

Bet nobody even remembers the Taliban blasting those ancient statues up.

Just saying...peeps need a reality check on Afghanistan, and check some history....plenty here on ATS to read about.

Yeah sounds alot like the Kurds. Nobody ever gav 2 sh##s about them.

Then every liberal all of sudden cared

edit on 14-9-2021 by sciencelol because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2021 @ 01:33 PM
link   
a reply to: queenofswords

Why bother stopping the flights if we will just end up dropping them off in Mexico so they can simply walk in?

posted on Sep, 14 2021 @ 01:42 PM
link   
a reply to: sciencelol

Peeps got no idea. There is a giant warehouse of radical Taliban wives with kids being held in Syria right now. But it aint on TV so nobody cares about the next gen of 9/11 terrorist being raised right now.

Honestly, peeps are dumb.

posted on Sep, 14 2021 @ 01:52 PM
link   
a reply to: lakenheath24
I think you keep confusing your brown people.The 'warehouse in Syria' is for ISIS wives not Taliban.
Same with your earlier comment about blowing up ancient statues-that was ISIS too,not the Taliban.
I know.I know they are all brown mad muslim types who cant possibly be a good thing for Western society but at least give the correct mad muslims the blame.

posted on Sep, 14 2021 @ 01:59 PM
link   
ffs, it's only a few days ago they were "American citizens" and everyone was blaming Biden for their abandonment. One poxy virus later and it's back to being just plain old Afghani's.

posted on Sep, 14 2021 @ 02:03 PM
link   
a reply to: glen200376

Sure, my bad. But thats your take? I am racist? Should I have dropped in ISIL while I am at it? Its all the same peeps in the end.
Thats a terrible take IMO.

posted on Sep, 14 2021 @ 02:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Charliebrowndog

30% of the illegal immigrants are refusing the vax and being released into communities. Now measles are being brought in. Mandates are only if you're an American. Everybody else ? Come On In and don't worry about those pesky diseases you're carrying.

posted on Sep, 14 2021 @ 02:09 PM
link   
Halt everything! Our afghan refugees have tested positive for measels....

I wonder if the reaction would be the same is there was a measels outbreak amongst the illegals pouring over the border?

posted on Sep, 14 2021 @ 02:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: lakenheath24

Havent read that thread, but again.....TV inspired?

Illegal immigrants at the Mexican border have been bringing disease across the border for decades now.....including TB. Loads of articles about it. I did a paper on it in skool.

aapsonline.org...

Afghanistan aint a Biden issue, its a US issue. Sure, he effed it up in the end, but so did every Prez since what Carter?

Carter was the first.
Old Jimmy , in ways , was worse than Joe.
And this from a REAL Georgian .

posted on Sep, 14 2021 @ 02:20 PM
link   
a reply to: lakenheath24As I said all mad muslims,wouldn't have any of them in any western country if it was up to me.Why any nation would import fighting age males with a murderous cult like religion of peace into their country is beyond me.
You can take the boy soldier out of the third world but you can't take the third world out of the boy soldier.

posted on Sep, 14 2021 @ 02:28 PM
link   
a reply to: queenofswords

Well considering the U.S gave Al qaeda 6 billion dollars from 89' to 92, the isrealis trained the taliban through the 90's to fight the soviet repression in Afghanastan & the C.I.A treated Osama in 98'. There is much that can still happen & is happening behind the scenes.

Measels can be bad if spread though. We don't wanna forcefully infect all those that we brought here. If we just keep them contained for vetting than we are just subsequently making them be infected or get the vaccination. Another force vaccination effort haha

posted on Sep, 14 2021 @ 03:05 PM
link   
Watch it be some kind of "super" measles, and suddenly Big Pharma and Big Gov't will be recommending that all the old folks from the 50's that had the old-timey real honest-to-gosh measles will be needing a special shot for seniors....and Medicare, of course, will pay for it.

posted on Sep, 14 2021 @ 03:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: GoShredAK
Halt everything! Our afghan refugees have tested positive for measels....

I wonder if the reaction would be the same is there was a measels outbreak amongst the illegals pouring over the border?

Rubella !! 🎃

posted on Sep, 14 2021 @ 04:02 PM
link   

All for paying back Russia for interfering in Vietnam. When looked at as a whole, its mind-boggling.

new topics

top topics

join