It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Something to think about for the remainder of this year

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 14 2021 @ 09:01 AM
link   
After reading threads and posts concerning the suffering of so many from the Pandemic I was really both surprised and saddened. We have been little affected by COVID in our area although there have been some deaths in the community. Most of those appear to have been people I would refer to as the "vulnerables", morbidly obese, elderly in the local nursing home, those with compromised immune systems. Its obvious that many of our members have either suffered directly as a result of the virus or have seen much suffering and loss in their families. For that, I am quite sorry.

Against this backdrop of suffering from this pandemic, we now have the Biden tax bill being rolled out. It isnt clear to me that its been passed in the Senate. I dont believe it has. But if passed, it would impact everyone at every level of income adversely, either directly or by way of higher prices. More suffering and sadness to ensue.

Then we have people struggling to get back to work and Companies struggling to get people to return to their shabby offices in downtown high rise temples of death and doom. According to a story in the WSJ, that effort has been hampered by people's unwillingness to get back on commuter busses and trains. Who can blame them? Who wants to be a victim of assault?

With all these considerations in mind, an idea of some urgency came to me. Please for the love of all your families and friends, CANCEL Christmas; don't get caught up in that needless spending spree of stupid. Please don't expose yourselves to crime, violence, disease and despair at the local Malls. And as well, don't spend yourselves into poverty in the face of high inflation compounded by higher taxes. If you must spend something, buy your relatives books at Amazon and wrap them at home after they are delivered.

Spend your Christmas with family and friends. Go to Church, Synagogue or your prefered house of worship, but don't harm yourselves with unnecessary exposure to disease, violence and credit card debt you may not be able to pay off next year.

Again, my sincere condolences to all who have suffered so much so far from this pandemic. Take the best care of yourselves you can. Keep in mind as you ponder your Christmas plans, things only get worse from here. Electrical service interruptions as the Administration "Green" plans go into effect are surely the next debacle on the horizon. Get ready for that; save for the future.....you're going to need that savings come Spring, (not to mention a bleak winter).

posted on Sep, 14 2021 @ 09:34 AM
link   
Perhaps some people actually look forward to Christmas to escape the Covid bull and enjoy themselves.
''Avoid disease and violence at the mall''?The risk averse like yourself fine,keep hiding under the quilt but don't expect everyone else to follow your lead.
I bet you're fun at parties.

posted on Sep, 14 2021 @ 09:57 AM
link   
The democrats wants to make the biggest tax increase in American history as a Tax for the rich, soo people will be Ok, no soo bad, but people do not realize that the rich does not suffer anything from tax hikes, the corporate will just pass the bill down the ladder as Reagan used to say, Trickle down, to the working class in the nation.

So not, nope, nada, the democrats in power has never done anything to benefit the poor and working class in the nation, their tax increases always affect the group that needs a break the most.

posted on Sep, 14 2021 @ 10:30 AM
link   
I'll admit, I pondered this. Last year was as scaled down as could be, for many reasons due to covid, finances,and family not able to be together. It was also my first holiday away from my own home in decades.
This year,with mandates,and boycotts, and really lacking any spirit at all, I would be happy to just do homemade gifts,or support some small local business who does and enjoy a big meal and a day with people I love.
It's been years since I got excited about Christmas morning and my kids are grown. ..too old for fairy tales.
I love the lights that people decorate their homes with though,and it is tradition to go for a nighttime drive and marvel at them.
As for malls and such....I have zero desire. The last two years have seen a dramatic shift in my shopping habits, even completely avoiding thrift stores that I once frequented.
It's time to make new traditions based on the way things have changed. It will never bring the joy for me that it once did to celebrate the holidays.

posted on Sep, 14 2021 @ 11:14 AM
link   
a reply to: AccessDenied

To tell the truth, I feel the same, is like losing our birth right freedoms and those given by our constitution and looking that nobody within our law making body cares about it.

It seems that even in the So call nation of the free politicians supposedly elected by the people, has become tyrants and they are getting away with anything as we just seat there and watch them do it.

Is depressing to see all t his power take over unravelling in front of our eyes.

White we get oppressed, this fascist live life to the fullest, travel, have parties, go unmasked and keep making money out of the tax payer.

new topics

top topics

join