It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Just tested positive for Covid - my experience so far

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+1 more 
posted on Sep, 13 2021 @ 04:27 PM
link   
I got sick Wednesday last week and have been sick ever since. I just tested positive for Covid with one of those self-tests. I figured I should make a thread about it to share my experience so far. For context, I'm 33, male, unvaccinated, and relatively healthy.

Wednesday: Headache, fever.
Thursday: Started feeling better, figured I was getting over whatever I was sick with.
Friday: Symptoms came back way worse. Brain felt like it was going to burst out of my skull. Had sharp pains in my head off and on. Every time I moved it felt like everything was spinning. I was having strong heart palpitations that were almost making me cough. My lungs felt like they were "quivering" at times, if that makes sense. My skin started hurting to the point that it was kindof painful for even a shirt to brush against my skin. I had no energy to leave the house, so my friend brought me a Covid self-test kit with two tests in it. I tested myself and the first test showed negative.
Friday/Saturday/Sunday/Today: Sinuses are mostly dry but hellishly swollen up/burning off and on. I feel like I have a massive sinus infection that won't go away. Last night I was freezing laying in bed. One of those nights (I don't remember which) I woke up in the middle of the night with my throat raw and sore, but it had gone away by morning.
I haven't had any appetite whatsoever the entire time and have been having to force myself to eat. Right now when I'd normally be starving, I actually feel rather opposed to trying to eat anything.
I feel like death. This is really #ty.

My friend who is vaccinated was around me yesterday, so I'm hoping she doesn't get it too on top of the vaccine. She has a PhD in biomedical science and says she trusts the vaccines, for what it's worth.

posted on Sep, 13 2021 @ 04:31 PM
link   
Get well soon trollz.

2nd

posted on Sep, 13 2021 @ 04:31 PM
link   
a reply to: trollz

Thanks for sharing.

Hope you feel better very soon.

posted on Sep, 13 2021 @ 04:33 PM
link   

Hope you get better. And your buddy trusts Bill Gates to right?

posted on Sep, 13 2021 @ 04:42 PM
link   

Get well soon

posted on Sep, 13 2021 @ 04:45 PM
link   
No. Their buddy trusts science.

a reply to: HawkEyi

posted on Sep, 13 2021 @ 04:47 PM
link   

Take care of yourself and get well soon. If your breathing gets too stressed please go to the ER. If you have an O2 monitor check it hourly. If not, get a friend to grab you one....they are cheap and just clip on your finger.

posted on Sep, 13 2021 @ 04:47 PM
link   

Sounds like you got it rough... any way to find out if it's delta?

Keep and eye on that fever and heart pains, and you can check your oxygen levels with a modern smartphone now... Good luck!
edit on 13-9-2021 by strongfp because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2021 @ 04:48 PM
link   

Thanks for thread and update. Lots of fluids! Keep an eye on your energy levels, I know its difficult, but need to make sure you are getting the oxygen you need.

It has been quite common to see people need supplemental oxygen.

Get well soon!

posted on Sep, 13 2021 @ 04:50 PM
link   
Hope you feel better!
I am on week three (roughly) after having it. I tested positive for it on 8/24 I'm 31, I consider myself healthy, I workout and eat fairly well, but I still smoke, and have at least a beer or two most days, so that is subjective.

Day 1 woke up at 2:45am with a 103.2 fever, chills, dry sinus' etc. Went to get tested had a fever of 103.8 around 11am. No energy.

Day 2 fever would not break was hovering around 101 to 102 all day, slept most of the day. Sinus' still dry.

Day 3 fever finally broke, more energy, did not sleep as much, still kind of sore from being in bed so long.

Day 4 felt fine, went and bought a 12 pack

Day 5 lost taste and smell, havent gotten it back.

I think this thing hits people in different ways, I have had higher temps and felt worse with the flu.

posted on Sep, 13 2021 @ 04:51 PM
link   
This sounds remarkably similar to my 18 year old stepdaughter who caught it about a week after her first shot so technically unvaccinated.

She was pretty poorly to be honest, never worryingly so but she said whoever said it was like a cold was either lying or had colds like she's never known before.

Took about a week to he up and about again bit still feeling the effects a bit, she can't quite shift the last of it but on the mend.

Says she's taking it more seriously now and wouldn't wish it on anyone.

posted on Sep, 13 2021 @ 04:51 PM
link   
a reply to: TheBizzareAdventure

Ah man, now you cant taste the beer!

Glad to hear you got better. Lets hope the smell and taste returns quickly.

posted on Sep, 13 2021 @ 04:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: MiddleInsite
No. Their buddy trusts science.

In other words their buddy trusts Bill Gates "I am Science" Yeah i get you.
edit on 13-9-2021 by HawkEyi because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2021 @ 04:56 PM
link   
a reply to: TheBizzareAdventure

dont worry hopefully your taste and smell will come back.

posted on Sep, 13 2021 @ 04:56 PM
link   
The same buddy that has a PhD in biomedical science you mean?

Yeah she sounds like a dumb sheeple to me.

(post by carewemust removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Sep, 13 2021 @ 05:00 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Sep, 13 2021 @ 05:07 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 13 2021 @ 05:08 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 13 2021 @ 05:09 PM
link   
Definitely get a pulseOx meter. They're available at pretty much every pharmacy these days and cheap too like Vasa says. Then there's no debating if you should need to go to the ER.

Best of luck and get well soon1

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join