It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dont Be A Useful Idiot, Question Everything

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 13 2021 @ 01:29 PM
link   
Do you remember in school when you had to show your work on all your math problems? You could be ready to graduate High School, but could still fail a test for not showing basic single digit addition, which the teacher KNOWS you are an expert in. You have been doing it for 12 years and have solved thousands and thousands of problems, moving on to the next grade proving you obviously know addition, but if you leave it out the answer is not acceptable regardless of your excuse.

Every time any of you argue you "trust" something, but cannot explain exactly why, you are making the mistake our teachers taught us not to. Just because someone is labeled an expert and has been doing something for a long time, does not mean you should assume their basic assumptions are right. You should never even get to examining the answer presented for the problem as a whole because you don't even know how they got halfway there, so the final solution might as well come from religious text you follow with faith, which may be fine for you, but not everyone else.

Science is the opposite of faith. Its what you can prove, measure, and reproduce, no faith or trust required. Each conclusion is made stronger the more times it is challenged and every step to the solution is confirmed as being correct by reproducing the results. You don't "trust science", that's a ploy for useful idiots. If you are intelligent you do what computer programs and almost every other thing in existence does that processes unverified information, you "trust (depending on source), but verify". You ask WHY, HOW, etc.

If you are intellectually lazy and think you no longer need to verify conclusions because the answers are too complex for you to comprehend, then what exactly is it people smarter than you CANNOT convince you to do by presenting BS as fact and a false premise to build future BS on? You may think there is some point where you would stop and realize you are being played, but if the premise on which you trust, and save things to memory as being labeled true, has a flaw where that information has not been verified before you decided to trust it and save it to memory, then you do not know what is true because you know things are true that are not. One little block of information can slip in there that is not true because you are too lazy to verify, that many other blocks are later built on, and they are all lies because the premise was false. How would you know if you were the victim of this type of manipulation? You wouldn't. You would think you are 100% correct, because you got all the right answers from the experts.

Now lets remove the ability for the conclusions to be challenged by the larger community (censor them with fact checkers who have no science background and dont double check the answers themselves), remove accountability for wrong answers, push narratives not proven to be true as fact, and not allow direct public questioning of the experts. How much of what you get out of that system should you trust? How many things do you know all about that just arent true? How would you know? Whats it worth?

posted on Sep, 13 2021 @ 01:42 PM
link   
I thought I saw a Merman years ago alondside the boat for just a second during winter time heavy weather.
I did and do question it even though the image looms large in my memory.
You are absolutely right. Question everything!!!! 😎

Cheers

a reply to: TrollMagnet

posted on Sep, 13 2021 @ 01:51 PM
link   

School teaches a few things such as the ability to read and write, simple maths, a very basic knowledge of other things but also who the authority figure is.

Plus one more thing.

"I don't want a nation of thinkers I want a nation of workers."

John D. Rockefeller.

Welcome to where we are.

posted on Sep, 13 2021 @ 02:32 PM
link   

I only know that most of what I know is thirdhand knowledge, and the third hand needs to be watched very closely.

Science is the opposite of faith.

that was not always the point. remeber it was faith that burned scientists for suggesting the earth is round which went against their science. they were the council of truth at the time.

Modernday science is not behaving much diffrent, especially when it comes to revision established theories. I think the evolution theory is outdated, but kept like a holy grail. Not advocating creationism, which might be the reason why the new ministry of truth is keeping this one so tightly. creationist would have a field day!
I dont have an working alternative, but im sure evolution theory is wrong or missing a detrimental piece. Like what is the driving force?

There is this experiment called the primeaval code, still there is no explenation to the effects observed which in my oppinion throws a wrench into standart evolution theory ATS thread

It was soon enough clear that the whole covid ruse is just a last effort to consolidate power and wealth. I soon stopped bothering about all the lies. just observing the absurdities on all sides, is actually quite amusing.

I was not affraid of dying back then, I`m not affraid now.

posted on Sep, 13 2021 @ 02:50 PM
link   

Always, always, Question The Answers.

posted on Sep, 13 2021 @ 03:08 PM
link   

Show Your Work. I like that. it could catch on. Assuming enough people are smart enough to grasp the meaning.

posted on Sep, 13 2021 @ 03:13 PM
link   
I'm sure we used to do that hear in days gone by.

Even if the work was utter nonsense it was still there and usually well presented. If it wasn't you were mauled by the mob for lack of consideration to your fellow members.

Now it seems we can just pop up a video or link with a clickbait title and a short paragraph and consider it to be the gospel truth and anyone that questions you is a paid shill.

I'm up for for bringing some of that good old fashioned attitude back as well.

a reply to: network dude

edit on 13/9/2021 by nonspecific because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2021 @ 12:37 AM
link   

How many things do you know all about that just arent true? How would you know? Whats it worth?

Once , I sat in contemplation
Of conflicting information.
But when I called out for some confirmation,
All I got was lies and exaggeration.

OOO the world is getting smaller,
and everyone has become
a cell phone scholar.

OOO the world is getting smaller,
and everyone has become
a self-phone caller.

Once I had a complication.
I wasn't getting any vibrrrrration.