It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Honest Question: Why are you getting vaccinated? For the virus or for your freedoms?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 13 2021 @ 01:00 PM
link   
Hello friends.

I was hoping to hear from some of you who are getting the shot.

It seems to be a bit of a mixed bag from my entourage.

Though I see two main reasons emerge.

The latter is worrisome.

To get an injection not for medical reasons, but to regain what once was taken for granted; freedom.

So which is it for you?
edit on 9 13 2021 by QwertyMyself because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2021 @ 01:03 PM
link   
No freedoms to gain here in the UK.

I work on a covid testing site so it was a pretty easy decision to make really.

All the ppe and protocol is in place but it's a bit daft not to when your dealing with suspected.covid patients all day long.

I'll have my flu jabs for the first time ever this year as well as there will be a lot of people with flu not covid at work as well.

a reply to: QwertyMyself

posted on Sep, 13 2021 @ 01:04 PM
link   

Some I talk to are very obese and know the dangers of covid and being overweight. It much easier to believe in the vaccine than to go through marginal discomfort of no unhealthy foods and having to exercise. It's a comfort thing.

link   

had the virus, have the antibodies, don't need the shot. But I will be limited in what I can do since my government isn't able to understand the science part of this. We actually have leaders in the USA who don't know about, or are willing to learn about natural immunity. they really are that stupid. Fauci is one of them. And he pretends to be a "scientist". LOL.

link   
It's a great question and as you mentioned if it isn't for the virus (the only valid reason BTW), you have been manipulated and /or coerced by your own government and media.

link   

I'm thinking most of the people who got it for medical reasons have already done so the answers you'll get now will probably be for the later reason.

Yeah, sad state of affairs.

posted on Sep, 13 2021 @ 01:05 PM
link   
I think that's a reasonable assesment of the situation.

a reply to: Iamonlyhuman

posted on Sep, 13 2021 @ 01:06 PM
link   
I took it on the advice of a few doctors who are familiar with my medical history. I have had a 3rd Pfizer as well.

I would like to see everyone choose to get vaccinated, because I care for others and their health. But i don't want to see anyone do it against their will.

posted on Sep, 13 2021 @ 01:08 PM
link   
a reply to: network dude

Fauci has other motives. He's been clear in stating in the past, with AIDS i think it was, that we needed a vaccine for it and to not put effort into treatments.

He has a thing for vaccines. I'd like to think he just has a belief in them or something. But im not very trusting of folks, and think he may have more nefarious "4th reich" type aims (not the nazi's, just the motive to subjugate).

posted on Sep, 13 2021 @ 01:09 PM
link   

For the same reason(s) that I don't drink and drive.

Yes, it could save my life, but, more importantly to me, it reduces the chance that I might endanger some one else's life.

Yeah, I know, I could still die, or kill some one in a car wreck; but why add to the risk by refusing to take a this precaution?

posted on Sep, 13 2021 @ 01:10 PM
link   

I am NOT getting the shot and I will retain my full freedoms or else some attempted enforcers' health conditions will become quite critical.

posted on Sep, 13 2021 @ 01:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: Stupidsecrets

Some I talk to are very obese and know the dangers of covid and being overweight. It much easier to believe in the vaccine than to go through marginal discomfort of no unhealthy foods and having to exercise. It's a comfort thing.

Well, WADR those obese people you talk to are stupid, but it's their choice, It literally kills less than 2%, If it were really lethal to the obese we would have 70% of the population sick and dying. WE DON''T and even the hospital stress we are seeing is as much a staffing issue as a COVID case issue.

posted on Sep, 13 2021 @ 01:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: putnam6

WE DON''T and even the hospital stress we are seeing is as much a staffing issue as a COVID case issue.

Isn't that kind of putting the cart before the horse, logic?

The reason hospitals have been reporting "strees" issues is because of the burden COVID is placing on medical staffing, and has been placing on staffing for more than a year.

So many COVID cases for so long a period of time with so little time to recoup has lead to reduced medical staff capable of providing care.

Even soldiers are given "R&R" during a war.

You're suggesting that we aren't losing the battle because there are so many of the enemy shooting at us, it's because we don't have enough soldiers to be shot.

posted on Sep, 13 2021 @ 01:45 PM
link   
Um, not gonna happen. Period!

posted on Sep, 13 2021 @ 02:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: Mantiss2021

originally posted by: putnam6

WE DON''T and even the hospital stress we are seeing is as much a staffing issue as a COVID case issue.

Isn't that kind of putting the cart before the horse, logic?

The reason hospitals have been reporting "strees" issues is because of the burden COVID is placing on medical staffing, and has been placing on staffing for more than a year.

So many COVID cases for so long a period of time with so little time to recoup has lead to reduced medical staff capable of providing care.

Even soldiers are given "R&R" during a war.

You're suggesting that we aren't losing the battle because there are so many of the enemy shooting at us, it's because we don't have enough soldiers to be shot.

It's not just logic or assertions we have many family members in on hospital staffs or EMTs as well had 2 persons hospitalized these past 2-3 weeks. It's a hot topic and while it's completely informal and anecdotal, we got a few insights just from talking with doctors, nurses, and other staff in the 3 hospitals we were in during the height of these past 2 weeks.

#1 as has been mention before Hospitals need to be booked at 80-85% all the time or they lose money. So we are talking about 7-15% increases. In the states that report ICU bed usage(there rre 32 of them). There are only 14 counties nationwide reporting more than 70% of ICU bed usage. Most of these in Georgia at least are the smaller counties population-wise pretty sure none of GEORGIA's listed counties (9).

#2 at least in the hospitals we or family members were at it was staffing not the number of COVID patients that stressed the system. Let me say they both got excellent treatment and care at all 3 locations and we never felt like the nurses or staff were ever beyond their capacity to effectively do their jobs.

#3 one thing they did mention is they are getting swamped with people coming in sick, but not in any danger ie. no fever or difficulty breathing. Just the sick that normally wouldn't come in but are now paranoid they are gonna die, by the hysteria created. All these additional people take time and staff to process and triage.

#4 Some of this was in Union county Georgia the most full ICU in the country even right now 119% of their ICU beds are occupied, for perspective Union County number of beds total 27.

#5 We have had months where the hospitals weren't stressed at all, and again it's the ICU bed usage that's crucial most states that we have data on aren't even passing the stress it put on ICU units previously. The top 5 report states on ICU bed/Covid usage only one state is having higher than what they had earlier, Tennessee. All the others are below that threshold,
edit on 13-9-2021 by putnam6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2021 @ 02:12 PM
link   
I only got the shot so I could fly.

posted on Sep, 13 2021 @ 02:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan
a reply to: network dude

Fauci has other motives. He's been clear in stating in the past, with AIDS i think it was, that we needed a vaccine for it and to not put effort into treatments.

He has a thing for vaccines. I'd like to think he just has a belief in them or something. But im not very trusting of folks, and think he may have more nefarious "4th reich" type aims (not the nazi's, just the motive to subjugate).

I think the "thing" he has for them is stock and investments. When you hold the patents for things critical to the vaccine, I'd wager you are in a good financial position.

Which always seems to bring me back to the initial question of "how much is enough". I know what I require to be happy until I cease to exist, I take a good bit of comfort in that. Younger me had no idea and just wanted more. I'd like to say it's wisdom, maybe apathy. But whichever, I'm happier with life now. I feel sorry for those who don't have that peace.

posted on Sep, 13 2021 @ 02:28 PM
link   

True freedom is unconditional.

posted on Sep, 13 2021 @ 02:30 PM
link   
I frget....how does it hel others again and not just yourself?
a reply to: Mantiss2021

posted on Sep, 13 2021 @ 02:31 PM
link   
Really? Which one?

Mine only gave me a sore arm and some protection against covid 19.

I'm not even magnetic

a reply to: VierEyes

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join