It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Elon Musk on mRNA "You could turn someone into a freaking butterfly with the right DNA sequence"

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 13 2021 @ 12:09 PM
link   
Well I have never seen this clip before

For those of you that cant watch this is Elon Musk owner of Tesla and space x saying they can use MRNA /synthetic DNA to turn you into anything they want.

He says "you could turn someone into a freaking butterfly with the right DNA sequence"

Just a little scary

Hey look its even on youtube

edit on 13-9-2021 by sciencelol because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2021 @ 12:13 PM
link   
Things that make you go hmmm.....

Is this guy even from our planet? I know, I know but still...WOW!

a reply to: sciencelol

posted on Sep, 13 2021 @ 12:13 PM
link   
Initial Vaccine sets the stage for boosters to reduce you to obedient dependent non-humans.

posted on Sep, 13 2021 @ 12:35 PM
link   

Not sure Elon Musk is the goto guy when it comes to DNA sequencing, he is more of a futurist thinker

He should stick to hyperloop, oh wait

he should stick to $100,000 tickets to mars, oh wait

Ok, Ok maybe something simpler, batteries....oh wait

tunnels maybe.....

well at least he is rich enough to fund these projects

Checking in on All the Promises Elon Musk and Tesla Have Made

posted on Sep, 13 2021 @ 12:35 PM
link   

Musk doesn't look right and his speaking is disjointed, like his thought process is scattered. Has something happened to him that would cause micro-strokes or other brain related issues?

Cheers - Dave

posted on Sep, 13 2021 @ 12:36 PM
link   

A few years back, I heard an interview with Musk and 2-3 scientists discussing A.I., nano-technology and related subjects. One of the group was a fan of just plunging ahead. "If we can do it, we must do it."
There definitely are some modern-day Dr. Frankensteins out there.

Musk was the only one who seemed to be truly concerned about outcomes, and wanted to discuss the ethics and the potential dangers of some of this tech. He said nano tech and genetic manipulation coupled with advanced 3D printing can turn really evil really fast.

This tech is definitely a double-edged sword. There are conspiracy theories that suggest that the elite, mega-wealthy "break away civilization" already has access to some of this trans-human tech.
3-D Bioprinting

posted on Sep, 13 2021 @ 12:38 PM
link   
I immediately pictured the Jeff Goldblum version of the movie 'The Fly'.

posted on Sep, 13 2021 @ 12:39 PM
link   
a reply to: UpThenDown

Exactly.
He's a great snake oil salesman.

posted on Sep, 13 2021 @ 12:39 PM
link   

Elon Musk/Net worth
191.1 billion USD

Seems to me like he is doing something right

posted on Sep, 13 2021 @ 12:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: sciencelol

For those of you that cant watch this is Elon Musk owner of Tesla and space x saying they can use MRNA /synthetic DNA to turn you into anything they want.

He says "you could turn someone into a freaking butterfly with the right DNA sequence"

Just a little scary

I am just imagining all the idiots signing up to become a butterfly....I can see it now.

posted on Sep, 13 2021 @ 12:44 PM
link   
a reply to: ColeYounger

Even with everything else going on, I believe that these types of discussion are The most important ones we should be having.

I think that a huge portion of people are still thinking of all this in terms of "scifi nonsense" and being hundreds of years off. Both statements that have been said to me personally countless times. So, in that context, its just something to put off.. but I think that is exceptionally flawed.

Im kind of undecided on Musk specifically, but I do like that he at least brings up that there are concerns here.

Retroviruses have the capability to do some truly staggering things too.

Personally, I think we need to examine the very foundation of culture and society ASAP. I like the idea of doing this in the context of expanding the premise of the foundation of the US into modern times. Even so, due to decentralized tech, we can build a "breakaway" civilization literally within the current paradigm that could distribute infrastructure, information, and even behavioral loads in our society.

posted on Sep, 13 2021 @ 12:46 PM
link   

Elon Musk/Net worth
191.1 billion USD

Seems to me like he is doing something right

One of them being the ability to get the US government to fund a lot of his projects.

posted on Sep, 13 2021 @ 12:47 PM
link   

I did make mention of his wealth, rich people are always right arent they

Is Bezzos intelligent because of his wealth or Soros or Gates?

Wealth is not a measure of intelligence and certainly not of DNA sequencing

But I agree he is rich and certainly richer than myself

I am stating you could turn someone into a Giraffe with the right DNA sequence, do you believe me? if not is that because I am not rich or because I do not have the required knowledge in that field.

posted on Sep, 13 2021 @ 12:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Vasa Croe

I am just imagining all the idiots signing up to become a butterfly....I can see it now.

lol.... Made me think of a time in the first grade. (Centuries ago, it seems)
The teacher was asking the class "What do want to be when you grow up?" Many obvious replies. A policeman. A baseball player. A pilot.

One of the kids said he wanted to be a lion.

posted on Sep, 13 2021 @ 12:48 PM
link   
a reply to: bobs_uruncle

He said himself that he has Aspergers. If I'm not mistaken problems with speech is one of the symptoms.

edit on 13-9-2021 by TomCollin because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2021 @ 12:50 PM
link   

No And I am not a Musk fan, I actually dislike him very much.

But he is privy to way more information then we could ever dream of

posted on Sep, 13 2021 @ 12:57 PM
link   
Musk is more of a visionary futurist. He did admit recently he suffers from Asperger syndrome. On one hand he's the modern day upgraded Bernie Madoff on steroids and on the other some say he's Howard Hughes reincarnated. He has the uncanny ability to land many NASA, DOD, gov't contracts focused on space missions and he's a big believer in Asimov's Foundation series. Apparently it doesn't take much effort to win over gov contracts. Ha, subservient to AI sounds about right.

His Starship, as it's known, will be a fully reusable transport system capable of carrying up to 100 people with potential of 300 to Mars. According to Elon, building ~1000 Starships within 10 years to create a self-sustaining city on Mars is the SpaceX mission. We'll see how long the cult of Elon lasts.

DEBUNKING ELON MUSK Part 1
www.youtube.com...

Even better...Part 2
www.youtube.com...
Nothing is what it seems.

posted on Sep, 13 2021 @ 01:01 PM
link   
Wow his comment flew under the radar 8-9 months ago, I'd love to see some other brilliant minded people interview him about his claim mRNA can create humanoid insects. He should be thoroughly questioned about his comment. I'd love to see this go viral actually.

There's nothing on Google other than a couple uploads of the interview. The full length interview there is no reaction from the interviewer or the audience after his nonchalant claim you can turn humans into butterflies.

Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

Edit: SMH this thread doesn't need to be in the mud pit... c'mon already with making everything political. Completely takes the fun out of this wacky theory of creating humanoid insects, when apparently it's more important to bring in the L vs R arguing culture.
edit on 13-9-2021 by game over man because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2021 @ 01:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Serdgiam

You make some great points.

One thing I like about Elon Musk is that he brings philosophy into his arguments. He said that "scientists who don't consider ethics and philosophy tend to look at every single problem as a technical problem, and therefore every single problem has a technical solution."

posted on Sep, 13 2021 @ 01:08 PM
link   

Just a little scary

I think the correct phrasing would be "human butterfly hybrid" because no amount of gene therapy will ever turn one species into another species without breaking down all their components and essentially destroying their identity in the process. We don't have the technology to just Animorph people so he's being very optimistic and borderline dishonest about what the actual technical demands of that process look like.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join