It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can it get any worse?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 13 2021 @ 08:22 AM
link   
Gday guys, so is it just us down under reading this…

Is it news over there too? Is it true?

As always stay safe my brothers

www.dailymail.co.uk...

posted on Sep, 13 2021 @ 08:24 AM
link   
a reply to: Exantaris

It's since been transferred back. Doesn't seem to be anything nefarious. Could have been pen testing, or something along those lines.

posted on Sep, 13 2021 @ 08:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: Exantaris
Gday guys, so is it just us down under reading this…

Is it news over there too? Is it true?

As always stay safe my brothers

www.dailymail.co.uk...

Yeah, I think I heard about this on the TV news.

posted on Sep, 13 2021 @ 08:31 AM
link   
Reported back in April by El Reg ....

www.theregister.com...

The unexplained awakening over the past four months of more than 100 million previously dormant US Department of Defense (DoD) IPv4 addresses now has an explanation.

On January, 20, 2021, as noted over the weekend by Doug Madory, director of internet analysis at network monitoring biz Kentik, a sizable portion of unused IPv4 address space registered to the DoD (GRS-DoD) and referred to as AS8003, began announcing the reachability of millions of previously unreachable addresses via the Border Gateway Protocol (BGP).

Coming ten minutes after President Joseph Biden was sworn into office and three minutes prior to the statutory conclusion of Donald Trump's term, the timing of the BGP announcement invited speculation about the motives for lighting up so many previously dark addresses.

More so, because the company administering the growing swath of addresses – Plantation, Florida-based Global Resource Systems LLC – lacks a meaningful web presence and because that opacity extends to the organization's ownership.
edit on 13-9-2021 by Cymru because: Font formatting

edit on 13-9-2021 by Cymru because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2021 @ 08:34 AM
link   
Nothing in our news so far,
this is the first I hear about it

posted on Sep, 13 2021 @ 09:37 AM
link   
why does the DOD need 100 million unused IP addresses

posted on Sep, 13 2021 @ 10:42 AM
link   
Sounds like a possible ruse red herring setup to blame some kind of insurrection attempt on Trump ??

Who has "infiltrated" the Pentagon anyway? 😉

posted on Sep, 13 2021 @ 12:09 PM
link   
a reply to: sraven

The DoD has fourteen /8 blocks, so 243.8 million and some change minus the overhead addresses. Why they need all of those addresses is a little odd but not unexpected. They use a tiny fraction of the addresses available to them I'm sure. Now the activity on those addresses that had since been dormant at the time, it's pretty strange indeed.

top topics

join