It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

‘Huge number’ of unvaccinated Delta workers got vax after $200 surcharge announcement

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 12 2021 @ 08:36 PM
link   
Well this seems sad for a news story i mean really your risking for $200 for a vax that probably isn't even working? is this how low have companies had gotten at the point.

That they are bribing people?

‘Huge number’ of unvaccinated Delta workers got vaccine after $200 surcharge announcement, official says

So you first bribe people into keeping their jobs for just 200 dollars that is nothing?

(NEXSTAR) – The chief health officer for Delta Air Lines said this week that the carrier’s decision to implement a $200 surcharge for unvaccinated employees has convinced a “huge” portion of the workforce to change their minds about the jab.

“Just within the two weeks of the announcement, we’ve seen nearly 20%, or one-fifth, of that 20,000 decide to get the vaccine,” said Ting. He added that Delta did not observe any turnover or resignations as a result of the new policy.

Because for some bribing works right? it would be ironic if they never actually give that much as they first claimed. Because that actually happens.

posted on Sep, 12 2021 @ 08:37 PM
link   
If the vax works and its safe and effective you wouldn't be needing the bribes nor the threats now it would be sad if more and more cases happen and the vaxs dont stop the spread just like what is happening in Israel.

200 dollars is nothing today.

edit on 12-9-2021 by HawkEyi because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 12 2021 @ 08:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: HawkEyi
If the vax works and its safe and effective you wouldn't be needing the bribes nor the threats now it would be sad if more and more cases happen and the vaxs dont stop the spread just like what is happening in Israel.

200 dollars is nothing today.

That's just part of it. If the disease was as bad as portrayed, everyone would be lining up for the vaccines, even while they're experimental.

People get Flu shots voluntarily, and people will get Covid-19 shots voluntarily.

No need to force either one on the population.

posted on Sep, 12 2021 @ 08:45 PM
link   
The more they bribe or bully the people to take this vaccine, the more I distrust this whole thing. I am still neutral, if someone wants it or doesn't want it, It is their decision. I just think that the government agencies and president are purposely twisting the interpretation of evidence to fit their desired agenda. I really do not care for deceivers. I don't care if the vaccine is safe, deceiving people still is not right.

posted on Sep, 12 2021 @ 08:48 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

People get Flu shots voluntarily,
Some do. Some don't.

Mandatory vaccination requirements have become increasingly prevalent as the threat of an H1N1 pandemic has intensified. A number of hospitals across the country, including Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia, Emory Hospital in Atlanta, and all 273 facilities of Hospital Corporation of America, have instituted such rules for their own personnel. Additional facilities may join them.

www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov...

posted on Sep, 12 2021 @ 08:56 PM
link   
a reply to: HawkEyi

Losing $200 a month isn't enough money to get me to do something that I don't want to do, but maybe it is for a Delta flight attendant, who is only earning an average of $45,237.

posted on Sep, 12 2021 @ 09:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
a reply to: carewemust

People get Flu shots voluntarily,
Some do. Some don't.

Mandatory vaccination requirements have become increasingly prevalent as the threat of an H1N1 pandemic has intensified. A number of hospitals across the country, including Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia, Emory Hospital in Atlanta, and all 273 facilities of Hospital Corporation of America, have instituted such rules for their own personnel. Additional facilities may join them.

www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov...

In the name of Howard the Duck, from where does this trough of information come from!?

posted on Sep, 12 2021 @ 09:00 PM
link   
a reply to: TheMirrorSelf

The internet.

Duh.

posted on Sep, 12 2021 @ 09:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse
The more they bribe or bully the people to take this vaccine, the more I distrust this whole thing. I am still neutral, if someone wants it or doesn't want it, It is their decision. I just think that the government agencies and president are purposely twisting the interpretation of evidence to fit their desired agenda. I really do not care for deceivers. I don't care if the vaccine is safe, deceiving people still is not right.

Exactly. Bribing is wrong and it makes people more question if its actually safe you know?

link   
Um, 4,000 of 91,000 employees as of 2019. It is not that large a number.

link   
a reply to: Phage

Yes they do. I was never threaten not to take a flu shot and no one cared.

posted on Sep, 12 2021 @ 09:14 PM
link   
Later in Court, the Delta $200 threat will be found unlawful and coercive 😃

posted on Sep, 12 2021 @ 09:14 PM
link   

Lucky you. Others are required to have a flu shot, particularly in the health care industry.
edit on 9/12/2021 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 12 2021 @ 09:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: beyondknowledge
Um, 4,000 of 91,000 employees as of 2019. It is not that large a number.

There were 20,000 Delta employees who were not already vaccinated when they made the mandate. The 4,000 is out of that 20,000 and not out of the total number of Delta employees.

The article from the OP says:

Prior to Bastian’s announcement, around 74% of Delta’s workforce had been vaccinated. That number now sits at around 78%. Approximately 20,000 Delta team members had not been vaccinated as of Aug. 25. Just within the two weeks of the announcement, we’ve seen nearly 20%, or one-fifth, of that 20,000 decide to get the vaccine.

posted on Sep, 12 2021 @ 09:17 PM
link   

‘Huge number’ of unvaccinated Delta workers got vax after $200 surcharge announcement

Couldn't that be considered as coercion ?

posted on Sep, 12 2021 @ 09:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
Later in Court, the Delta $200 threat will be found unlawful and coercive 😃

I hope the Supreme Court will tie the many challenges to the vaccine mandate into a big case, rule it unconstitutional, and ship it back to the gestapos at the White House.

posted on Sep, 12 2021 @ 09:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gothmog

Indeed. "Get health insurance, or pay a fine", was removed from our lives for that reason.

posted on Sep, 12 2021 @ 09:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

originally posted by: Gothmog

Indeed. "Get health insurance, or pay a fine", was removed from our lives for that reason.

But you still can’t legally drive without insurance. Mortgage insurance?

posted on Sep, 12 2021 @ 09:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: tamusan

Losing $200 a month isn't enough money to get me to do something that I don't want to do, but maybe it is for a Delta flight attendant, who is only earning an average of $45,237.

Well it's not enough money for me and I earn less than half of that. For me, I would either find another job or find a good street corner in this busy little rural community of approximately 1,400 people. Hmmm, a pudgy 60 year old might not rake in the money, but I'm sure it won't be because of my varicose veins, muffin top and thinning hair. It would probably be because I'm unvaccinated. Yeah, that's it. I would most likely have to wear a sign around my neck stating I'm unvaccinated.

posted on Sep, 12 2021 @ 09:27 PM
link   
This vaccine is broken and needs to be repeatedly fixed.
This sounds like the grounds to apply the Lemon Law.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join