It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can a materialist provide scientific evidence that the material world has an objective existence?

page: 11
<< 8  9  10   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 17 2021 @ 11:52 AM
link   
a reply to: neoholographic

And you can start by explaining why this equation is wrong. Because if it's right, then you are 100% wrong. Give it your best shot:

posted on Sep, 17 2021 @ 12:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: dragonridr
a reply to: neoholographic

As I stated earlier there are many levels of understanding in science. Kowing you know nothing about the math involved I purposefully took this over your head knowing you had no understanding of 5th dimensional de sitter space. And I suspect you don't know the difference between anti-de sitter space either.

I'll concede it wasn't fair but you don't listen any way you're stuck in reading science wu on the internet. Your understanding is well let's say misguided. Again go talk to some physics professors give me an area I will set up an appointment for you with them.

More Gobbledy Gook. If you just say, "I don't know." I will explain to you what I'm asking.

It's funny watching message board Physicist because you want to act like you know it all and can answer any question and then when you're hit with a question you can't answer, your responses descend into babble.

It's okay to say."I don't know." Everybody's ignorant of something. You're responses are pure nonsense and have nothing to do with the question.

If there's a 2D description of the universe on it's boundary how is its volume filled with real stuff(matter) without exceeding this description?

posted on Nov, 15 2021 @ 03:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: libertytoall

originally posted by: Khurzon

originally posted by: libertytoall
The third dimension is an illusion because it only exists due to EM Gravity. The creator created a 2 dimensional space of time and space and out of that space EM Gravity was created which stretched out the 2 dimensions into 3 dimensions. Now out of those three dimensions 4th and 5th dimensions were created. See cosmic consciousness. Once the 4th dimension of cosmic consciousness was created it gave an additional dimension of space which is now used to time travel and to receive messages from the past and future. Our time is not linear it's cyclical, possibly a closed time loop, so time travel became a thing now. See Baal. See Asherah.

Wow! That's....That is ....That feels awesomely Correct!

You Must be a Traveller!?

I was brought here by Asherah. I was not born in this world.

Ah...Watcher? with Jehova's permission it must be...

posted on Nov, 16 2021 @ 09:54 AM
link   
Well, according to General relativity dimensions are four (4).
You can certainly encode the universe into one dimension by a scanning approach, analog TV, FAX, DVD, etc work this way.
Then you must add a readout speed if you want to properly follow (see and maybe change) the story. Like 4.75 cm/s used for audio cassettes...
You may also use quantization, 16 bit per sample are used for digital audio, and add compression, lossless, or lossy.
Processing can be reduced to a Turing machine...still one dimensional..

Alternatively:
Someone thinks that the "operative" (explorable) dimensions of the universe are 4 (wow, like General relativity) and they are all space dimensions (ops).
Time does not exist, instead we have a speed, the speed of light.
The most precious entity of this approach is e 4D memory device. Let's see:

www.chronos.msu.ru...
www.chronos.msu.ru...

have fun.

posted on Nov, 16 2021 @ 08:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: neoholographic

If there's a 2D description of the universe on it's boundary how is its volume filled with real stuff(matter) without exceeding this description?

Firstly, there isn't any accepted 'holographic' theory of anything like the Standard Model in all its fields and 3 space + 1 time dimension.

Next, the point of the holographic descriptions is a dimensionality reduction, that the physics that's describable in 'bulk' in one representation is the same physics describable on one lower dimensional surface in another representation. It's very common in deep mathematics to make progress in difficult problems by converting them to a different sort of mathematical problem and then using tools which are known for that second type, and then transform back to the first type.

One isn't any more 'real' than others. It's like Eulerian vs Lagrangian fluid mechanics, or Heisenberg-Bohr matrix mechanics vs Schroedinger differential equations. Different mathematical spaces but for the same physics. The word 'holographic' has rousted up the woosters. It's a change of coordinates.

The best evidence for 'objective reality' for me is that physics understood and developed using lab-scale human experiments can be extremely well extended to predict, years to decades ahead of observation, utterly exotic and remote catastrophic astrophysical events. Stuff we learned from a nuclear physics accelerator tells us how stars work and evolve. Einstein and Hilbert thinking in an office lead a century later to predict #ing black holes and their violent merger and detailed waveforms of gravitational radiation which happened billions of years in the past.

posted on Nov, 17 2021 @ 03:19 AM
link   
Regarding the paper cited above:

www.chronos.msu.ru...

I noticed that the link to Sakharov Nobel lecture has been updated:

www.nobelprize.org...

Scroll down to the end of the lecture and you will read:

“I support the cosmological hypothesis which states that the development of the universe is repeated in its basic features an infinite number of times. In accordance with this, other civilizations, including more "successful" ones, should exist an infinite number of times on the "preceding" and the "following" pages of the Book of the Universe. Yet this should not minimize our sacred endeavors in this world of ours, where, like faint glimmers of light in the dark, we have emerged for a moment from the nothingness of dark unconsciousness of material existence. We must make good the demands of reason and create a life worthy of ourselves and of the goals we only dimly perceive.”

top topics

<< 8  9  10   >>

join