It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Whether you are a Veteran or not, surely tears have fallen upon our cheeks and hearts

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 12 2021 @ 07:32 AM
link   
These are a few of the saddest videos that can not only bring tears to our eyes, but to our hearts also.

Please leave politics out of this post. I put it here on the Political Mud Pit for a personal reason and I hope you all understand the pain of these family members.

Please post more of these videos if you find them, thanks.

edit on 0900000051332021-09-12T07:33:51-05:00335109am7 by musicismagic because: (no reason given)

edit on 0900000034342021-09-12T07:34:34-05:00343409am7 by musicismagic because: (no reason given)

edit on 0900000016352021-09-12T07:35:16-05:00351609am7 by musicismagic because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 12 2021 @ 07:53 AM
link   
Hey MiMs. I hope you've been well and have been able to enjoy bicycle sorties through the beautiful Japanese countryside.

Just wanted to log in briefly to offer my sincere appreciation and gratitude to all who've answered the call to serve. Lord knows I've buried far more friends and family than ever should have been lost in foreign wars on distant shores.

Gone before their time but never forgotten. I love you all and I will never forget you.

Thought I'd share an uplifting video. These videos really choke me up. Hit me right in the feels. It's good though.

Best regards.

posted on Sep, 12 2021 @ 07:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: CircumstancialEvidence
Hey MiMs. I hope you've been well and have been able to enjoy bicycle sorties through the beautiful Japanese countryside.

Just wanted to log in briefly to offer my sincere appreciation and gratitude to all who've answered the call to serve. Lord knows I've buried far more friends and family than ever should have been lost in foreign wars on distant shores.

Gone before their time but never forgotten. I love you all and I will never forget you.

Thought I'd share an uplifting video. These videos really choke me up. Hit me right in the feels. It's good though.

Best regards.

Thank you.

Something about being a Veteran, that feeling never leaves us. USAF Vietnam Veteran.

posted on Sep, 12 2021 @ 08:06 AM
link   
a reply to: musicismagic

I love those soldier surprise videos.
I get them sweaty eyes every time.

posted on Sep, 12 2021 @ 08:07 AM
link   
I was in the Marines and Guard. It doesn't bring tears to my eyes. I'm pissed because all these wars were a pack of lies and pure garbage. WWII was the only war that had a real purpose. I served in Somalia and Afghanistan. Losts some good friends, almost my own life but even then I knew those conflicts were lies. I do feel horrible for the families and loved ones. Hopefully people will start waking up from it all and stop joining the corporate crony military.

posted on Sep, 12 2021 @ 08:08 AM
link   

USAF vet here as well. I wasn't Vietnam era but my father was.

posted on Sep, 12 2021 @ 08:31 AM
link   

posted on Sep, 12 2021 @ 08:42 AM
link   

musicismagic,

Thank you so much for providing these videos.

posted on Sep, 12 2021 @ 08:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: Stupidsecrets
I was in the Marines and Guard. It doesn't bring tears to my eyes. I'm pissed because all these wars were a pack of lies and pure garbage. WWII was the only war that had a real purpose. I served in Somalia and Afghanistan. Losts some good friends, almost my own life but even then I knew those conflicts were lies. I do feel horrible for the families and loved ones. Hopefully people will start waking up from it all and stop joining the corporate crony military.

One thing I realized about serving in South East Asia at the time was, why was drug abuse so rampant among the soldiers ? And how did opium get into Thai sticks ?
edit on 0900000058442021-09-12T08:44:58-05:00445809am8 by musicismagic because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 12 2021 @ 08:45 AM
link   
a reply to: CircumstancialEvidence

CircumstancialEvidence,

Thank you ALSO.... the aching tears of the motorcades were replaced by the joyous returns for our service people.

posted on Sep, 12 2021 @ 08:47 AM
link   
a reply to: Stupidsecrets

I could not agree more. The majority of wars have been bankster wars based upon lies and deception, initiated under false pretense, fought by the wealthy using the sons and daughters of America as fodder.

I have not served, but I have spent a great deal of time with those who have. I was raised in the Virgin Islands by an Army Green Beret veteran of the Vietnam War. His name was Tom V. and he was one of the most incredible men I have ever known. He cared for me and taught me things which my parents never could have. He is one of the primary reasons why I did not enlist. He taught me things which few other men could have. I've done counseling for those with PTSD, worked on various military bases, and done a lot of outreach work (most of it out of my own pocket) with homeless vets. I have also buried several young men, very dear to me, who could not forgive themselves for what they'd done under orders while in uniform and consequently took their own lives.

I would never say to a veteran what I said in the first paragraph of this post. If a veteran chooses to open up to me about these things, I will engage them candidly and openly. If they choose not to, that is their prerogative. I experienced something early in my life and it is as sharp in my mind today as it was all those years ago. A vietnam vet I knew (not Tom) was being interviewed by a reporter in the Virgin Islands and the reporter made the mistake of referring to Vietnam as 'Nam. This veteran (one of the kindest and most decent men I have known) drew himself up, looked the reporter squarely in the eye, and calmly but firmly told the reporter, "You do not get to call it 'Nam. That term is for those who've served." I have never forgotten this. I respect all who've served, regardless of whether it was under false pretense.

We do the best we can with the cards we are dealt. We cannot be held accountable for the machinations of politicians, oligarchs, war hawks, the military industrial complex... we are not responsible for fraud foisted upon us. I stand by these words and no man or woman will change my mind on this.

To everyone in this thread who has served: you have my thanks.

posted on Sep, 12 2021 @ 08:50 AM
link   
I am not a veteran, but I AM a Patriot, defined as :

a person who loves, supports and defends his or her country and its interests with devotion.

a person who loves their country and, if necessary, will fight for it.

a person who vigorously supports their country and is prepared to defend it against enemies or detractors

a person who regards himself or herself as a defender, especially individual rights against all enemies foreign and domestic

posted on Sep, 12 2021 @ 09:43 AM
link   
As I see it , it is about time for all vets to honor their oath of enlistment .

posted on Sep, 12 2021 @ 09:44 AM
link   

This is what my Vietnam Vet friends taught me. The government allowed and encouraged opium use among the troops so that those habits would be brought back to America. This allowed the alphabet agencies to produce and sell heroin on the streets of America and helped pave way for the pharmaceutical companies to mass produce opiates from poppies from southeast asia and the middle east. It created a market among veterans for both heroin and pharmaceutical opiates. Ho Chi Minh was actually a CIA asset who told the alphabet agencies to pound sand when he no longer wanted to do business with them.

Similar to the Clinton's and coca flown into Medina air force base on military planes. A lot of the opium in circulation in America comes from south and central america. It has become more profitable for those farmers and the cartels to grow poppies.

Cheers.
edit on 12-9-2021 by CircumstancialEvidence because: Clarification

posted on Sep, 12 2021 @ 09:45 AM
link   
a reply to: CupcakeKarma

Very welcome. It certainly does the soul good to experience the joy and emotion which those soldiers and their families feel upon being re-united.

new topics

top topics

join