It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

40 percent of all US dollars have been printed in the last 12 months

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 12 2021 @ 03:08 PM
link   
Let's be clear: they are not creating money.
They are creating debt.

posted on Sep, 12 2021 @ 03:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Stupidsecrets

No it's not people it's the press. They don't want to put out economic news that can hurt Biden. For example, there has been no coverage of the impending shutdown of the government. They had reached their debt limit and they are running out of creative ways to avoid a shutdown. So if Congress doesn't do something y October the government will shut off.

home.treasury.gov...

posted on Sep, 12 2021 @ 03:52 PM
link   
a reply to: dragonridr

They had reached their debt limit and they are running out of creative ways to avoid a shutdown.

Pop quiz: What was the last year in which the debt ceiling was not increased?

It's a fun little pissing match. Ain't it?

posted on Sep, 12 2021 @ 03:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: Stupidsecrets
Watch the oil prices and oil supply. Oil is the only substrate we have to make products cheaply. Like dirt cheap so everyone can afford things like shoes, clothes, electronics, makeup...you name it, all made from oil.

Wood products their by products too. In Britain I've been watching the price of hardboard over the past two years or so.

Ok the size is 8 x 4' and it was £8 two years ago.

Now it's £15 which is nearly double!

posted on Sep, 12 2021 @ 04:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage

They had reached their debt limit and they are running out of creative ways to avoid a shutdown.

Pop quiz: What was the last year in which the debt ceiling was not increased?

It's a fun little pissing match. Ain't it?

With the self-destructive nature of both parties, I'm not sure Congress will raise it. look what they did last time they just kicked the can down the road. In the Bipartisan Budget Act of 2019, Congress suspended the federal debt ceiling through July 31, 2021. As of August 1, federal debt has reached the statutory limit or ceiling.

We have a situation where republicans want to e heard and have for the most part been ignored. Now they are needed and i don't think its going to go well

posted on Sep, 12 2021 @ 04:10 PM
link   

I wonder how the 2017 tax cuts affected the budget?

Neither party actually seems to have the slightest interest in sticking with a budget or reducing the deficit. But at least the Democrats don't pretend to do so.

edit on 9/12/2021 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2021 @ 04:30 AM
link   
This is nuts. That's why members of the federal reserve were selling their stocks, citing "ethical" concerns all of a sudden.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join