It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So it finally happened, I got covid

page: 12
<< 9  10  11   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 16 2021 @ 09:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: JBurns

originally posted by: MrNeo
I think I have covid now.

Went down at 7:30 last night like usual then woke up at 10:30 with the most ridiculous chills ever, freezing...
In and out all night then woke up this morning in a puddle of sweat.

Buddy's picking up a home test in a few...

Not so bad, been sicker.

Scary times, it seems to be surging again fairly prolifically

Hope everyone has stocked up well since the last time

Take care of yourself MrNeo and don't forget to let ATS know how you are doing if you are feeling up to it/feel like it

Positive.

posted on Sep, 16 2021 @ 09:43 PM
link   
Damn

posted on Sep, 16 2021 @ 10:04 PM
link   
a reply to: MrNeo

Sorry to hear that my friend, take good care of yourself

Sure you have heard it all, just make sure to be objective about your own symptoms and don't be afraid to go to the ER or call your Doc if it gets worse or you are concerned about how you are feeling

I will have you and yours in my prayers

edit on 9/16/2021 by JBurns because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 17 2021 @ 12:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheRedneck
Ummm... Vector99 has not logged in since Monday. I hope all is well with him and his roommate.

TheRedneck

Sorry about that, didn't mean to make anyone worry, was literally just the blah's. I'd get up with the intent to get on the computer and play some games or view ats and other sites, then 5 min later I'd be like, I just feel like laying back down.

The roommate however, I'm very concerned. He's extremely high risk due to his size, plus I think he has other medical issues than just morbid obesity, but it's the obesity that really concerns me. Almost every time you hear a story of a young person dying from it, they are obese/borderline morbidly obese. He's well over the borderline, making him extremely high risk. He had it days before I did, and while I had been showing improvement, apparently he was only getting worse.

Question for anyone that may know, when they intubate someone, do they also sedate the person? I can't find a definitive answer on that. I haven't heard from him since they took him to the hospital, and I'm hoping it's just because he's sedated.

Cheers to all

edit on 17-9-2021 by Vector99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 17 2021 @ 12:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: Vector99

originally posted by: TheRedneck
Ummm... Vector99 has not logged in since Monday. I hope all is well with him and his roommate.

TheRedneck

Sorry about that, didn't mean to make anyone worry, was literally just the blah's. I'd get up with the intent to get on the computer and play some games or view ats and other sites, then 5 min later I'd be like, I just feel like laying back down.

No need to apologize, we are here for you during this, not the other way around.

posted on Sep, 17 2021 @ 12:33 AM
link   
a reply to: MrNeo

Take lots of vitamins, I've been taking c, d, and zinc.

I've been doing 4-5x the daily dose of vitamin c, 2x the d3, and 3x the zinc.

Drink lots of fluids, juice when you have the taste for it, otherwise just make sure you drink tons of water.

Best wishes, it hit me full strength about 5 days after my initial symptoms, was down with a 102 fever, major aches, chills, sweating, etc... The next day it had already become less severe, but felt very lethargic.

posted on Sep, 17 2021 @ 01:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: TzarChasm
a reply to: Vector99

What is really really really ironic here, is my vaccinated roommate is the one who spread it to me, and is in much worse shape than I am.

LOL

2nd

I'm glad I made that comment for clarity, but seeing how things have progressed, I wish I made it more matter-of-factly, and less snarkily.

I have a bad feeling that my roommate may not make it. When I made that comment he was in his room resting, since then he's been in the hospital, I assume on a ventilator.

He's a good guy, I hope he pulls through, but from everything I've been reading, he's likely got only a 50/50 chance of making it at best. I can't even get any info because I'm not family (he has no family) or emergency contact, they won't even confirm to me he's still alive.

posted on Sep, 17 2021 @ 01:38 AM
link   

What is really really really ironic here, is my vaccinated roommate is the one who spread it to me, and is in much worse shape than I am.

LOL

2nd

I'm glad I made that comment for clarity, but seeing how things have progressed, I wish I made it more matter-of-factly, and less snarkily.

I have a bad feeling that my roommate may not make it. When I made that comment he was in his room resting, since then he's been in the hospital, I assume on a ventilator.

He's a good guy, I hope he pulls through, but from everything I've been reading, he's likely got only a 50/50 chance of making it at best. I can't even get any info because I'm not family (he has no family) or emergency contact, they won't even confirm to me he's still alive.

You may be able to ask a local priest/paster/cleric/etc to go visit him to make sure he has someone on the outside checking on him, and if your buddy gives permission, they then could then pass information to you.

Most hospitals will allow any local religious figure to visit anyone.

Whether religious or not.

Most congregation leaders are already very familiar with this process and are eager to assist anyone that asks.

edit on 17-9-2021 by Nunyabizisit because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 17 2021 @ 02:03 AM
link   
a reply to: Nunyabizisit

Thanks for the advice, I wouldn't even know who to ask. If he was conscious to give someone permission I assume he would have messaged me by now though.

I did find that intubated patients are essentially put into a medical coma, not the exact same, but heavy sedation.

posted on Sep, 17 2021 @ 02:14 AM
link   

Thanks for the advice, I wouldn't even know who to ask. If he was conscious to give someone permission I assume he would have messaged me by now though.

I did find that intubated patients are essentially put into a medical coma, not the exact same, but heavy sedation.

ICU patients do not have access to mobile phones.

You can call any nearby church, explain the situation, and ask for assistance.

I did this once after an out of town car accident and didn't know anyone in that state.

First person I talked to immediately understood the situation and was eager to help.

I just picked what looked like a small church near the hospital out of the yellow pages.

He said he was going to visit someone at same hospital later that day and would be happy to help.

Got proof of life & a little more in just a few hours.

edit on 17-9-2021 by Nunyabizisit because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 17 2021 @ 04:50 AM
link   

I was on a respirator tube when I came out of heart surgery. While I can't be sure of the procedure in infectious diseases cases, for your roommate's sake I hope they did put him under while it's in. I know when I came to and that damn tube was running down my throat, I would have killed to get it out! That was literally the worst thing they had me hooked up with, and that includes tubes running out of my belly, the arterial junction box embedded in my chest, the catheter, and the "borg implant" coming out of the side of my neck!

So I would guess the answer is "yes, they put someone under to be intubated."

As for access to him, that's a hard one. When my friend was transported, I gave the ambulance drivers my name and number as a temporary contact until his family could be reached (I had no idea how to contact them) and they gave it to the hospital. I was able to call and get updates after that. As far as I know, hospitals here are required to notify the next of kin when possible and will make exceptions to get that done. But they also have a lot of HIPPA regulations to maintain. I expect it is sort of a balancing act and varies from place to place.

Just a thought: you might be able to physically go to the nurses' desk on his floor and show them you live at the same address. If they don't have a contact already,they might be willing to use you as a contact until a relative can be found. Might work; might not; maybe worth a try?

Around here most hospitals have a pastor/priest/rabbi they use for such situations; you might try asking them.

TheRedneck

posted on Sep, 17 2021 @ 04:56 AM
link   

I'll second that. I don't know of any churches that would turn someone away who needs that kind of help. The churches and pastors I know would all bend over backwards to help, regardless of religious standing.

TheRedneck

posted on Sep, 17 2021 @ 06:40 PM
link   

Vector99 if they are intubated they should be heavily sedated at a minimum. Otherwise they will start gagging and it is very uncomfortable

Hope you are still doing well and very scary about your room mate

Perhaps you could contact any living relatives or siblings that may be on his emergency contact list? It is a shame that explaining the situation to the hospital isn't enough for them to give you the information

This POS government and private companies can snoop on us all day long, track our every move and the second we want to ask about a close friend in the hospital they suddenly have nothing to say

A stupid question...but, does this individual know your telephone number off the top of their head? If they tried to call but had no number, that could be one reason

posted on Sep, 17 2021 @ 10:55 PM
link   
a reply to: JBurns

He does have my number, but I don't think he has any family I could contact. At least he's told me in the past he doesn't have any family left.

If I don't hear anything by Monday, I'll probably try the church route.

posted on Sep, 18 2021 @ 12:14 PM
link   

LOL

2nd

Ug. They probably gave him Remdesivir and caused him to go on a vent. It makes me furious that's the hospital treatment plan for Covid.

Poor guy, I hate thinking about him all alone with no one to advocate for his healthcare.

posted on Sep, 18 2021 @ 04:30 PM
link   
a reply to: MotherMayEye

They probably gave him Remdesivir
Quite an assumption.

What treatment would you recommend, doctor? Purely artificial monoclonal antibodies? Why would anyone want anything like that put into their body?

Or something like ivermectin? Hydroxychloriquine perhaps? Or maybe just some good ol' vitamin D.

edit on 9/18/2021 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 18 2021 @ 05:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage

They probably gave him Remdesivir
Quite an assumption.

What treatment would you recommend, doctor? Purely artificial monoclonal antibodies? Why would anyone want anything like that put into their body?

Or something like ivermectin? Hydroxychloriquine perhaps? Or maybe just some good ol' vitamin D.

It's standard hospital protocol for moderate Covid patients.

Ivermectin protocol. Yes. That's what I would recommend.

edit on 9/18/2021 by MotherMayEye because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 18 2021 @ 05:09 PM
link   

It's standard hospital protocol for moderate Covid patients.

What do you mean by moderate, doctor?

Because these trials produced conflicting results regarding benefits of remdesivir, the Panel finds the available evidence insufficient to recommend either for or against routine treatment with remdesivir for all hospitalized patients with moderate COVID-19. However, the Panel recognizes that clinicians may judge that remdesivir is appropriate for some hospitalized patients with moderate disease (e.g., in cases where a person is at a particularly high risk for clinical deterioration).

www.covid19treatmentguidelines.nih.gov...

edit on 9/18/2021 by Phage because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 9  10  11   >>

join