It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Prince Andrew Served... With papers

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 11 2021 @ 10:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: Flyingclaydisk

originally posted by: gb540

The agent was told the security team "had been told not to accept service of any court process".

Doesn't that put Andrew and whoever refused the papers under contempt of court?

No, not really. As that person is not a subject to the legal proceeding, they have no duty to do anything.

Courts see no humor in people trying to out-clever them, esp. with a technicality as lame as this. "But I never got the papers!" won't win a case anywhere. ...

Oh yes it will! You must be served in person. That, or your legal guardian / legal agent (power of attorney) must be served...in person. Otherwise, the subject person has not been "served". The courts may not find humor in it, but this is the law, and they know it.

Yes. The rules about what is and what is not deemed valid service are quite technical and if not followed our Courts will rule accordingly.

That said, most Brits I know despise the Duke of Pork as he is a complete pos.

posted on Sep, 11 2021 @ 11:06 AM
link   
a reply to: Silcone Synapse

It appears you are correct

www.bbc.co.uk...

Prince Andrew's team do not believe that legal papers from lawyers for the woman who has accused him of sexual abuse have been successfully served, the BBC understands.

posted on Sep, 11 2021 @ 11:08 AM
link   
a reply to: Grenade
Gotta keep the faith G

They will not only be caught, but the retribution will be bloody. IMO

posted on Sep, 11 2021 @ 11:18 AM
link   
a reply to: DAVG1980

I hope you're right, the elite rulers of our world have been dodging retribution for too long.

posted on Sep, 11 2021 @ 11:21 AM
link   
a reply to: CptGreenTea

He wasn't served and this is a civil case.

The most they'll ever get out of him is money.

posted on Sep, 11 2021 @ 11:23 AM
link   
a reply to: RAY1990

Taxpayers probably foot the bill anyway through some convoluted scheme.

posted on Sep, 11 2021 @ 11:32 AM
link   
He could always hide out at the Ecuadorian Embassy for a few years to avoid extradition ...

posted on Sep, 11 2021 @ 01:19 PM
link   
a reply to: RAY1990

Yes but that would open floodgates, imagine the amount of abused people watching this case, you win against a royal, you can win against anybody.

posted on Sep, 11 2021 @ 02:04 PM
link   
a reply to: DISRAELI

Here is a another observation, since when is Sex-trafficking legal at any age in England?

Prince Andrew is accused of being involved in sex trafficking at the least

posted on Sep, 11 2021 @ 02:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: everyone

Here is a another observation, since when is Sex-trafficking legal at any age in England?

Do you have a source?

posted on Sep, 11 2021 @ 02:14 PM
link   
a reply to: everyone
I don't know the law in detail, and haven't followed the case in detail. The idea of "sex-trafficking" is a fairly new concept, but it strikes me that the popular understanding of it is a little broader and more amorphous than the legal definition, whatever that is.

For example, that expression "involved in" (found in the OP) is typically ambiguous. I thought Andrew was accused of being the customer. I would have thought that sex-trafficking proper was the act of pimping.

So I suspect that the legal reaction to the case and the popular emotional reaction to the case are not going to be fully in tune with each other.

edit on 11-9-2021 by DISRAELI because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 11 2021 @ 04:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: Grenade
a reply to: DAVG1980

It's a PR nightmare for the royals but nothing more. He's untouchable.

Maybe.

rumble.com...

posted on Sep, 13 2021 @ 10:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: Oldcarpy2

originally posted by: everyone

Do you have a source?

Yep it is linked in the source and why he was served.

posted on Sep, 13 2021 @ 10:50 AM
link   
a reply to: everyone

Thanks. I misunderstood.

posted on Sep, 20 2021 @ 11:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: DAVG1980
Yes Prince Andrew has been served with papers and he has until the 17th September to accept them.
www.bbc.co.uk...

Virginia Giuffre has launched a civil case against the prince in New York - and legal papers have to be "served" before the case can proceed.

Her lawyers say they were served on 27 August, being left with a police officer at Windsor's Royal Lodge.

Prince Andrew denies all the claims made by Ms Giuffre.

A spokeswoman representing the Duke of York has declined to comment on the latest development.

A US judge must determine whether the papers were in fact "served" before any case can proceed.

A video conference on the next stages of the case is scheduled for a New York court on Monday.

According to court documents, an answer is due from Prince Andrew to the affidavit by 17 September and "if you fail to respond, judgment by default will be entered against you for the relief demanded in the complaint".

Is this news in the USA? Prince Andrew is accused of being involved in sex trafficking at the least, once the unravel this case it may be much more.

If this heats up, a massive distraction may follow, how long has COVID kept this at bay are things that should be asked, Randy Andy is linked with them all,
And we have already seen he does not do well under pressure, luckily his victims are much stronger. If this is a fair trial and if it even happens, they are going down. That girl will be much stronger than that pathetic man.

Legal papers say a process server working for Ms Giuffre's team arrived at the Royal Lodge on Thursday 26 August at 09:30 BST.

The man met security staff, left a business card, and was asked to wait.

The papers say he then spoke to police, including the head of security, who could not locate Prince Andrew's private secretary "or anyone senior".

The agent was told the security team "had been told not to accept service of any court process".

He was then given a solicitor's name and number, phoning him at 10:40, but did not get a response.

On Friday 27 August, the same process server returned to the Royal Lodge in Windsor and spoke to the "head of security".

He was advised the papers could be left with police at the main gates, which would be forwarded to the legal team.

The plot thickens

Prince Andrew SERVED AGAIN.

9.20.2021 Re-served: www.theguardian.com...

I guess the first lawsuit documents were misplaced back on September 10th?

posted on Sep, 21 2021 @ 01:53 AM
link   
a reply to: CptGreenTea

Ya hopefully Americans. Brits have an adoration with the Royals.

I sort of get the impression that the opposite is true.

American's seem quite obsessed with our Royal Family, for various reasons, whereas most Brits are pretty apathetic towards them.
They don't affect us in any way at all and have no influence whatsoever on our lives.

Andrew seems a particularly horrible human being who is pretty much reviled throughout the whole of the UK.
I suspect that all that is going to happen here is that this woman is going to get a huge wad of cash.....which has probably been her aim all along.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join