It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

More US studies show COVID vaccines protect from serious illness

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 12 2021 @ 04:27 PM
link   
a reply to: Nunyabizisit

I don't know why he chose to drive 200 miles to another state.

Just a dumb redneck, probly.

Cardiac problems. Road trip!

edit on 9/12/2021 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 12 2021 @ 04:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage

Just a dumb redneck, probly.

Cardiac problems. Road trip!

I don't have any idea.

+1 256-235-5121

Call the NE Alabama Medical Center and ask them.

The woman got a good laugh when I called.

Said that they have never turned away a patient in need.

Ever.

Since your link came from a Chicago source, about an Alabama 'incident', and didn't provide either hospital information or anything to prove that the guy even existed, my guess is that it was 100% fiction.

Wouldn't be the first time.

But not enough data available to be certain.

edit on 12-9-2021 by Nunyabizisit because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2021 @ 02:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: Nunyabizisit

Staffed beds is a variable.

And a lack of staffed beds is why this gentleman had to travel 200 miles, to another state.

There is no evidence that this was necessary.

And plenty that there are ICU beds available in Alabama.

If this is the same as what I heard this morn. Dude had a heart attack, ambulance picked him up, had trouble getting him in, they contacted 43 different hospitals, no luck, they did not have available resources, be that beds, or staff, or equipment. He ended up 200 miles away, and the guy did die.

posted on Sep, 13 2021 @ 03:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: canucks555

Hey that's good news, at least we know that the vaccines help right?
..Unless someone can debunk this?

There's no need to debunk, the statistic is from people confirmed vaccinated.

The vast majority of people who get covid don't get hospitalized, so THEY NEVER BECOME A STATISTIC.

This is one of the major issues with statistics and data processing in general, it's so easy to accidentally read something wrong because how do you account for people who never were logged by the system?

Personal example: I got H5N19Avian flu) Nov. 2019, my coworker also came down with the exact same symtoms as me and we were both very sick for 2-3days. I normally do not go to a doctor for a basic cold or flu, I just rest, take extra vitamins and stay hydrated. With this I felt so unbelievbly bad on day2 that I decide to go to the walk-in clinic, where I collapsed and woke up being loaded onto a stretcher.

They diagnosed me as dehydrated and then ran several tests, which showed H5N1. There was no treatment, they said drink gatorade & stay in bed. I requested Tamiflu for me and my wife, they said it's not very effectiven for H5N1, I said I don't care, I'll pay for it, prescribe it please!

If I had not gone to the clinic, I would have just stayed in bed and kept drinking gatorade anyway.

Here's the kicker H5N1 has a 58% (FIFTY EIGHT!) mortality rate.

So statistically either myself or my co-worker are DEAD... Statistically.

Furthermore, I got the illness at a major trade show, and I know of at least 8other people who got some nasty flu-like bug at the same show and it kicked their ass for 3-5days solid. Of course I can;t say with certainty that they all had H5N1, but the point here is this:

ONLY PEOPLE WHO GET INTO THE SYSTEM GET COUNTED. Does H5N1 really kill 58% of all people who get it? OF COURSE NOT, there are tons of people who almost never go to doctors and they either die or don't without ever knowing they had it. It kills 58% of KNOWN CASES

My accountant and his staff of four 55-65yr old ladies all got it before the vaccine existed, they all beat it in a few days, he was out for 2 weeks (he's 100lbs overweight).

What I'm saying here is, prove to us that more than 5% of people IN GENERAL are ever hospitalized from this. Nobody can prove that because it would require serology testing the entire population.

Why did covid suddenly fall through the floor in the UK? Because the majority of the population has been exposed and developed natural antibodies, or has gotten antibodies from the vaccines.

Am I anti-vaxx, absolutely NOT.

I'm a former medical professional, I am simply giving you a real informed perspective here.
edit on 13-9-2021 by 8675309jenny because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2021 @ 03:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: vonclod

originally posted by: Nunyabizisit

Staffed beds is a variable.

And a lack of staffed beds is why this gentleman had to travel 200 miles, to another state.

There is no evidence that this was necessary.

And plenty that there are ICU beds available in Alabama.

If this is the same as what I heard this morn. Dude had a heart attack, ambulance picked him up, had trouble getting him in, they contacted 43 different hospitals, no luck, they did not have available resources, be that beds, or staff, or equipment. He ended up 200 miles away, and the guy did die.

Yes, that is the 'story'.

With zero evidence for us to confirm or debunk.

So I checked Alabama hospital ICU capacity & usage, and even phoned one of the larger AL hospitals.

Did not happen as described.

There aren't even 15 hospitals in AL over normal ICU capacity, and zero are near their surge capacity.

None.

Did not happen.

Receptionist at NE Alabama Regional Medical Center got a good laugh at my questions though.

Said they have NEVER turned away a patient in need.

EVER.

Phone number is in this thread, call them yourself to confirm.

Links earlier in thread.

posted on Sep, 13 2021 @ 03:56 PM
link   
I'm just relaying what I heard

posted on Sep, 13 2021 @ 04:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: vonclod
I'm just relaying what I heard

I understand.

Not trying to scold you or anything (I know I sound that way sometimes), just tried to quickly catch you up on the thread.

We all see the same things, but we can't all research every one of these stories ourselves, so sharing here is important.

Call it a community confirm/debunk effort.

edit on 13-9-2021 by Nunyabizisit because: (no reason given)

edit on 13-9-2021 by Nunyabizisit because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2021 @ 04:01 PM
link   
Yup.

They also dont consider anyone hospitalized within 14 days of dose 2 to be vaccinated. I wonder how many would fall into that category? I also wonder how many are people that have comorbidities and were recommended to not get the vaccine by their doctor? How about people that are immunocompromised? How about the elderly that cant handle the vaccine due to conflicts with other medications or weakened systems? They also wouldn't push hospitalization on unvaccinated people at higher rates than vaccinated people just to push numbers up - would they?

You see how easy it is to fudge numbers to push a narrative. They want you to believe that the unvaccinated are all flocking to the hospitals when in reality its probably all of the above scenarios causing them to need hospitalization.

On another note why would anyone that's recieved their full vaccination ever need to be hospitalized? Wasnt the whole point of the vaccine to not allow you to get covid and if you did get one of the "millions of breakthrough cases" it should protect you from needing anything?

Yeah I know.. trust the science! Also! The science is always evolving! : translation = do whatever we say when we say it and if we contradict ourselves it's clearly because we have new information not because we are full of manure.

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join