It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Getting the governors out of the way

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 10 2021 @ 09:11 AM
link   
Hello and happy 9/11-eve.

After yesterday's debacle and ensuing debate over the gross overreach of the federal government, something was said by our illustrious office holder that seems to have escaped scrutiny so far...

If they’ll not help, if these governors won’t help us beat the pandemic, I’ll use my power as president to get them out of the way Biden said

Now now now, how in the Sam Hill does he plan to do that? I was perusing Hal Turner's site (I know, I know...) and found this:

It seems as though Biden intends to declare Governors who oppose him to be "in insurrection" and send either federal agents or federal troops to remove that Governor from office pursuant the Section 3, and/or to withhold all federal money to such states under Section 4 above, claiming the state itself is "in insurrection" by failing to obey Biden's vax and mask mandates!
Hal Turner Article

Another discussion article from the National Review which posits that Biden "sought to bring the aura of wartime emergency, and all of the powers that may come with it, to a non-urgent moment".

Amendment 14, Section 3:

No person shall be a Senator or Representative in Congress, or elector of President and Vice President, or hold any office, civil or military, under the United States, or under any State, who, having previously taken an oath, as a member of Congress, or as an officer of the United States, or as a member of any State legislature, or as an executive or judicial officer of any State, to support the Constitution of the United States, shall have engaged in insurrection or rebellion against the same, or given aid or comfort to the enemies thereof. But Congress may by a vote of two-thirds of each House, remove such disability.

Amendment 14, Section 4:

The validity of the public debt of the United States, authorized by law, including debts incurred for payment of pensions and bounties for services in suppressing insurrection or rebellion, shall not be questioned. But neither the United States nor any State shall assume or pay any debt or obligation incurred in aid of insurrection or rebellion against the United States, or any claim for the loss or emancipation of any slave; but all such debts, obligations and claims shall be held illegal and void.

Is this in the realm of possibility???
edit on amvamFri, 10 Sep 2021 09:18:42 -050010am9 by Avardan because: Added National Review link

posted on Sep, 10 2021 @ 09:14 AM
link   
Well I think we might start to see some states secede if this is the case.

They have wanted a civil war I think they might get one.

posted on Sep, 10 2021 @ 09:24 AM
link   
a reply to: Avardan

Never gonna happen. The people voted those governors in and the governors are in charge of their states.
It would be major federal overreach and akin to 'federal' dictatorship. Ontop of the dictatorship we are already seeing from the CDC. ie corporations.

posted on Sep, 10 2021 @ 09:25 AM
link   
newton's third law is alive a well. remember dotards, equal and opposite. Buckle up buttercup, it's about to get real up in here.

+11 more 
posted on Sep, 10 2021 @ 09:31 AM
link   

Who knows? But I will say this is perhaps the most consequential speech a president has given since the civil war.

Still can't wrap my head around the things he said in that speech last night.

Mind blown.

I don't care what side of the political divide you are on. We are much less safe today as a nation, then we were yesterday. Fact.

posted on Sep, 10 2021 @ 09:48 AM
link   

What country before ever existed a century and half without a rebellion? And what country can preserve it’s liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance? Let them take arms. The remedy is to set them right as to facts, pardon and pacify them. What signify a few lives lost in a century or two? The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants. It is it’s natural manure. - Thomas Jefferson

I hope those in power will see reason. I hope those that disagree with them can stop and think before doing something rash.

I fear neither of these things will come to pass and I am disappointed.

posted on Sep, 10 2021 @ 09:48 AM
link   
Getting 2/3rds of congress to vote on this one is going to be a tough mark to meet. Sure there is a lot of corruption running through the place, but these elected officials will have to return to their state sooner or later and face the music there for being responsible for a federal takeover of a state.

This is an easy no vote if I was in that position.

posted on Sep, 10 2021 @ 09:56 AM
link   

You want an insurrection? Because that's how you get an insurrection.

Balkanization is coming.

posted on Sep, 10 2021 @ 09:58 AM
link   
a reply to: chris_stibrany
Not to be rude, but have you been living under a rock for the past 18+ months? It's been a rapid run to a dictatorship since early 2020!

+4 more 
posted on Sep, 10 2021 @ 10:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: Avardan

If they’ll not help, if these governors won’t help us beat the pandemic, I’ll use my power as president to get them out of the way Biden said

Biden is an illegitimate president, no doubt he will use tyranny if he doesn't get his way.

Biden is worse than Covid itself, he is the pandemic.

posted on Sep, 10 2021 @ 10:47 AM
link   
Democrats using the same "any means necessary" program like 2020.

They WILL get full Federal control under Democrats by that method.

Wait till we get to one year from now ☠️☠️

posted on Sep, 10 2021 @ 11:01 AM
link   
a reply to: imitator
Your post reminded me of a statement made by PRESIDENT TRUMP during a speech at the beginning of this movie.
“The cure cannot be worse than the disease”.
This coming weekend is very important in many many different ways.
God Bless America and the free world and all the innocent people who inhabit it.

posted on Sep, 10 2021 @ 11:41 AM
link   
a reply to: BuddytheYorkie

Resist these evil Liberals will all your might! They hate us and hate each other as well. God will deal with them soon enough. Pray he comes quickly!

posted on Sep, 10 2021 @ 11:45 AM
link   
I am saying the people won't allow it. It will make the demonstrations in Europe seem tiny. One hopes anyway. Just trying to be positive. somehow

a reply to: SwampFox999

posted on Sep, 10 2021 @ 11:46 AM
link   
a reply to: cmdrkeenkid

Want an Insurrection? Tell Joe to start giving the vax to students in the gyms at school regardless of parental consent or age... I’ll wait over here with the bowl of popcorn.

posted on Sep, 10 2021 @ 11:47 AM
link   
Martial Law.
It's Coming.

posted on Sep, 10 2021 @ 11:48 AM
link   
a reply to: chris_stibrany

You want to directly disenfranchise large segments of the voting population? That's what we're talking about.

posted on Sep, 10 2021 @ 11:49 AM
link   
a reply to: Ahabstar

One person going along with that is too many. With them pushing for approval for ages five and up it's only a matter of time.

posted on Sep, 10 2021 @ 12:00 PM
link   
a reply to: cmdrkeenkid

I can almost bet that will be Newsom’s victory lap move if he isn’t recalled. Unless Beetlejuice does it in Chicago first.

posted on Sep, 10 2021 @ 12:30 PM
link   
so this is how the US splits up.

This is how the USA becomes Divided States of America.

Ok then

top topics

<<   2 >>

join