It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Epitaphs on the graves of the British soldiers of the Crimean War

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 11 2021 @ 04:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: mamabeth

originally posted by: RussianTroll

originally posted by: Oldcarpy2

originally posted by: Oldcarpy2
a reply to: RussianTroll

"Without firing a single shot"?!!!!!!!

You sure about that?

Of course I'm sure. Agreements were made with all the tribal leaders. And the last to leave the territory of Afghanistan was Commander General Gromov. Until now, Russian "shuravi" are respected in Afghanistan, because Russians always keep their word.

Come off it. It was your Vietnam.

You lost. Rather badly.

America created the Taliban against the USSR. Forty years later, the Taliban defeated America.

We're not defeated yet,but it doesn't look good with the U.S. having an
illegal government occupying the White House.This current administration
will sell the American people out for an ice-cream cone and a pudding cup.
American citizens are still armed to the teeth and many of us won't go down
without a fight.

If you read my posts, you might have noticed that I never interfere in the internal affairs of the United States, in the political struggle within the country. This is a thankless task. The Americans, I hope, will sort out their country themselves.
This does not mean that I personally have no political preferences, and I did not hide them. I like Trump better for many reasons.

posted on Sep, 11 2021 @ 04:56 AM
link   

Hi Russian troll good to see you posting.

posted on Sep, 11 2021 @ 05:01 AM
link   

My post was in response to your statement that 40 years
later the Taliban defeated the U.S.A.

posted on Sep, 11 2021 @ 05:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: Freeborn

I think in the interests of truth and obedience your illustrious leader may have ordered the site blocked on your country.

Here's a few clips;

Principle VII of the 1975 Helsinki Final Act recognizes the right of individuals to know and act upon their human rights and fundamental freedoms, including freedom of thought, conscience, religion or belief, without distinction as to race, sex, language or religion.

The following individuals who were profiled in the Helsinki Commission's April 2017 hearing, "Democracy & Human Rights Abuses in Russia: No End in Sight," illustrate the many cases of political prisoners in Russia today.

Dmitry Buchenkov
Oleg Navalny
Darya Polyudova
Sergei Udaltsov
Ivan Nepomniashchikh
Alexei Pichugin

Now you can go away and ask for and regurgitate the official party line.

I will answer for several people:

1. Oleg Navalny was convicted along with his brother Alexei for stealing money by fraud from the French company Yves Rocher. When he left the colony, he first of all shouted to the people who met him "AUE, All power is for thieves!" Is there a video

2. Sergei Udaltsov (by the way, I know his wife Anastasia). He was convicted of attempting a coup d'état by seizing the main railway junctions on the Trans-Siberian Railway. The money for this was allocated by the deputy of the Georgian parliament (there is such a country in the Caucasus, not to be confused with the state of Georgia) Givi Targamadze. There is a video where they discuss it.

3. Alexey Pichugin, head of the security service of the YUKOS oil company. Convicted of numerous murders in the interests of Khodorkovsky, and in particular, for the murder of the mayor of the city of Neftyugansk Petukhov. He confessed to his guilt.

4. Dmitry Buchenkov, defendant in the case of mass riots with an attempt to break through the crowd to the Kremlin and beat the police on Bolotnaya Square in 2012. He cannot be a prisoner in any way, since he fled abroad during the trial, violating the measure of restraint imposed by the court.

Honestly, to continue answering your "list" is too lazy))))))

I will add. Sergei Udaltsov was released long ago and is still the head of his radical left Trotskyist party, the Left Front, and is not a prisoner.
edit on 11-9-2021 by RussianTroll because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 11 2021 @ 05:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: anonentity

Hi Russian troll good to see you posting.

Hello, ruthless anonymous, dooming to death)))
I'm glad to see you too)))

posted on Sep, 11 2021 @ 05:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: mamabeth

My post was in response to your statement that 40 years
later the Taliban defeated the U.S.A.

Yes I understand. This topic was very actively condemned on the forum, and many people came to the same conclusion. I have been reading threads. Another question is that you heard this from a Russian, but this is insulting. Sorry, I didn't mean to offend anyone. It's just that sometimes overly aggressive responses push you to counter aggression.

posted on Sep, 11 2021 @ 05:25 AM
link   

The link does not work.

The link does work! Maybe you are trying to access the URL from a country which blocks content that challenges the political message.

Here's another list of political prisoners. imrussia - somewhat out of date as it's 2014, but I am sure I could dig out an updated version...

This is all slightly off topic. Obviously moved on as the OPs Crimean War narrative has been shown to be (er) soiled.
edit on 11/9/2021 by paraphi because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 11 2021 @ 05:31 AM
link   
a reply to: paraphi

I have already partially answered the list above in the answer www.abovetopsecret.com.... All "political prisoners" are ordinary criminals, murderers and terrorists. In civilized countries, such people are given much longer sentences than in Russia.

posted on Sep, 11 2021 @ 05:35 AM
link   

I was not insulted and remember at one time I had a
Russian daughter-in-law. In my opinion,I was defending
my country from what I felt was an error.We are not yet
defeated.

posted on Sep, 11 2021 @ 08:28 PM
link   
a reply to: ufoorbhunter
Dude, history has important lessons to teach us. Those who do not understand those lessons are at a great disadvantage in a world where politics and international relations are colored by history. I think that is the meaning of the Russian saying.

posted on Sep, 12 2021 @ 03:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: Detergent
a reply to: ufoorbhunter
Dude, history has important lessons to teach us. Those who do not understand those lessons are at a great disadvantage in a world where politics and international relations are colored by history. I think that is the meaning of the Russian saying.

Britain is Putin's number one foe, he's stated this before. Being honest and realistic about it the two countries have been in competition from the time both rose from small city states and on to control for one the biggest empire the modern world has seen and the other the largest nation on Earth.

Even today they go at it and while it's true Britain is still attempting to pry Russia's near abroad like Belarus, Kazach, Uzbek, Armenia etc away from Moscow, it's important to remember the British Empire would have lasted much longer if the Soviets hadn't destabilised it post WW2 so it is fair play really

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join