It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

HIV Has Anyone Else Noticed This

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 9 2021 @ 10:23 AM
link   
To my mind, there is something weird going on with HIV. Obviously, allow me to explain. I am Gen X, so I grew up in this time of incredible fear about the dreaded AIDS (back then we didn't talk so much about HIV, the virus that causes AIDS, we just went straight to AIDS). I can remember as a kid just approaching the age of sexual fascination (I was going to say interest, but who are we kidding), I was terrified of this monster. I think I, and many others, were sexually damaged by growing up in this time.

Then, it seemed to kind of go away. All of the talk of it, the movies, everything seems to dry up and it fell from the daily national discourse (by the way, I'm by no means saying that it went away as a health problem, just as a constancy of talk).

Cut to today. Now I have stopped, recently, watching TV altogether. I used to be a very avid TV watcher, for most of my life in fact. It has been waning off slowly, and I just decided, for spiritual/mental reasons to just cut it from my life permanently. Before I did so, however, I noticed a very strange and palpable trend, the suddenly insane numbers of commercials for HIV medicines. Just all of a sudden it seemed like you couldn't make it through a commercial break without seeing one (and the actors are always handsome, fun-loving, joyous and obviously gay). Last night I was walking past a TV and the nightly news was playing. Despite myself, I plunked down for a second to see what the news would be saying and I just caught the end of a segment before going to a commercial break, and the first commercial was for, you guessed it...HIV medicine.

Seriously, what is up with this. This is not some form of where you see the number 11 all the time because you're specifically looking for it and thereby notice it more (there's a name for this that I can't remember). I've been watching TV veraciously for years! I can spot a trend when I see one, and this is a new and increasingly ubiquitous trend. Don't take my word for it, if you watch TV (particularly mainstream TV), you'll see it.

My question is why?

posted on Sep, 9 2021 @ 10:28 AM
link   
a reply to: TheMirrorSelf

I've noticed the same actually, although in ads online. I figure mine is driven by the fact that I look up the topic regularly as I have an HIV positive family member and want to keep up to speed on new developments. If the amount of TV ads are increasing as well, that is an odd one.

posted on Sep, 9 2021 @ 10:30 AM
link   

I'm sure i read somewhere recently that people do not need to disclose if they have HIV or not anymore. And can't get into trouble for it.

unsure where it was but, probably America but might be a reason.

posted on Sep, 9 2021 @ 10:33 AM
link   

Well, this video was released recently. Somewhat surprisingly from The Hill:

Not necessarily new info, but its a thing.

Im curious to see if others mirror your experience. I havent watched cable or broadcast TV in quite some time, and suggest everyone try it out!

I still use streaming services and such, though try to avoid any commercials as a general rule (among others)

posted on Sep, 9 2021 @ 10:37 AM
link   
I noticed it with blood clot meds. As well my senior friend was put back on aspirin after her jabs.

posted on Sep, 9 2021 @ 10:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: lSkrewloosel

I'm sure i read somewhere recently that people do not need to disclose if they have HIV or not anymore. And can't get into trouble for it.

California. Yeah, the land of no responsibilities.

posted on Sep, 9 2021 @ 10:39 AM
link   

I noticed those adds months ago on Amazon or Hulu.
Don't remember which.

I did think it was pretty weird.

Having went to high school on the 80s I remember aid very well but I can't say we were scared of the disease. We believed it was something gays and needle users needed to worry about

posted on Sep, 9 2021 @ 10:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22

Don't remember which.

Having went to high school on the 80s I remember aid very well but I can't say we were scared of the disease. We believed it was something gays and needle users needed to worry about

Well, to a large extent it still is. I have a conspiracy theory that is pure speculation, but not completely out of line with modern trends. I believe, as do many others, that there exists a willful and evil conspiracy to destroy manhood, reproduction and family. Because of this, I believe that the gay agenda has been inordinately pushed. I further believe a result of this is an increase in homosexuality. I actually met a previously straight man who 'switched' because he was talked into it (I know, I know, there will be many who don't believe). But he explained it to me, he was sick of women and someone said try this, so he did, and he found sexual freedom and happiness there. C'est la vie.

As previously stated, however, HIV is widely associated with homosexuality, so it would make sense that in order to 'raise their stats', those pushing this agenda would hope to ease the minds of those whom they might wish to change to this lifestyle. "If you get HIV, no biggie! Just look at all these fun loving, happy get men on TV! You can have that too...and all the sex you want."

Just a theory, but it makes sense in my mind...

posted on Sep, 9 2021 @ 10:52 AM
link   

Does this mean they don't have to disclose to sexual partners??? An employer I could see (and agree with), but if this means sexual partners, well then...murder much?

posted on Sep, 9 2021 @ 10:57 AM
link   
I think you are seeing more commercials because they've turned HIV into a maintenance like illness. No cure, but you likely won't die as long as you take the meds. The meds are big business.

HIV still is very much mostly affecting homosexual men and drug addicts. No amount of political correctness will change those facts.

posted on Sep, 9 2021 @ 10:59 AM
link   

And to think the 7O’s TV show ‘All in the Family’ was nearly cancelled after Sammy Davis, Jr. kissed Archie on the cheek…

I’ve seen those commercials after swearing off all TV except Netflix or Prime years ago. Between the AIDS medication commercials and all the Gay couples on HGTV, there’s NO doubt the world has changed.

posted on Sep, 9 2021 @ 11:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22

Don't remember which.

Same here....Hulu for the most part and was a few months ago. Haven't seen them as much recently, but have started to see the Flu vaccine ads now.

posted on Sep, 9 2021 @ 11:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheMirrorSelf

Does this mean they don't have to disclose to sexual partners??? An employer I could see (and agree with), but if this means sexual partners, well then...murder much?

I recall seeing a story (I think it may have been an activist running their mouth, not an actual legal case) saying HIV + people don't need to disclose their status to sexual partners.

posted on Sep, 9 2021 @ 11:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: Edumakated
I think you are seeing more commercials because they've turned HIV into a maintenance like illness. No cure, but you likely won't die as long as you take the meds. The meds are big business.

HIV still is very much mostly affecting homosexual men and drug addicts. No amount of political correctness will change those facts.

Very likely $$$. I have friend who has had hiv for over two decades due to needle use and survives on maintenance doses that are a cash cow for the pharmaceutical companies. He is very well other than a drinking problem which will likely take him out.

So different from the early days where it was a death sentence.

posted on Sep, 9 2021 @ 11:13 AM
link   
It’s not just HIV meds…It’s all meds. 24/7 commercials on all channels.

Big Pharma = TPTB

posted on Sep, 9 2021 @ 11:18 AM
link   
Well HIV has been normalized and is not a death sentence anymore, so I guess it is more mainstream and not backroom talk.

So on a side note, if you are seeing it on the net then it is algorithms driving much of it based on anything you happened to look at.

Funny/scary story...

I looked up chainsaws one time and then I kept getting ads about chainsaws and one had this white family in the picture. A few weeks later I was in Dubai and up pops the same chainsaw ad with a family, but this time the family was Arabic... The funny part is there really is no need to have a chainsaw in Dubai and you all can tell what the scary part was.

edit on 9-9-2021 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 9 2021 @ 11:31 AM
link   
I havent given up tv completely.. still on tv patches. so I can't even..

definitely nothing around here about hiv, be it online or anywhere else. just to add my 8 cents. (inflation)

posted on Sep, 9 2021 @ 12:25 PM
link   

It is because in the background there has been a buzz already about a Vaccine for it. Consider this what you are seeing now as the start of that new campaign.

posted on Sep, 9 2021 @ 12:39 PM
link   

Weird?

Nawww...they're just lubing you up for when they tell you the 'vaccine' "inadvertently" gave you HIV. Now you'll be informed as to what meds to tell your doctor you need to stay alive. That's all.

Nothing to see here, folks. Move along now. Nothing to see here, folks. Keep moving everybody. You won't have to worry about any of that stuff, the trains are just a block ahead. It's only a short ride. We might leave people behind in Afghanistan, but we won't leave anyone behind on this train ride. We've got plenty more trains, don't worry, folks. Just stay in line, everyone. There will be a seat for everyone.

edit on 9/9/2021 by Flyingclaydisk because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 9 2021 @ 12:41 PM
link   

I've noticed an uptick in advertisements for HIV drugs, too. Although, I seldom watch live tv and skip through the commercials when I can.

I've also noticed that the threat of HIV is being downplayed now. Most likely so that people catch and the pharmco's can sell more HIV drugs.

I'm a child of the 70s/80s and HIV didn't scare me away from sex. I'm surprised I made it this far without an STD.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join