It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Matrix Resurrections coming soon

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 9 2021 @ 12:52 PM
link   
a reply to: KTemplar

Just in the trailer I noticed many references and easter eggs relating to the first movie.

I strongly suggest to at least watch the first Matrix movie to make this one a richer experience.

posted on Sep, 9 2021 @ 01:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: jerich0

originally posted by: dug88
a reply to: 727Sky

First words of the trailer 'you seem particularly triggered right now'. That's as far as I made it.

Yeah, but it was doogie howser, that's a setup for a bad character concept if anything.

hate that guy....

This needs a like button.

posted on Sep, 9 2021 @ 02:04 PM
link   
I only watched the first instalment on video.....but watched it twice back to back as it completely blew my mind and I needed to make sure I was actually seeing what I was seeing......I still think of that movie as a game changer in terms of movies......

originally posted by: KKLOCO

Back in 99’ when the first was released, I was only 19 years old. Had so much energy that sitting thru an entire movie was typically painful.

Not for the Matrix, though. I went and saw that movie in the theaters 8 freaking times.

To say it played a huge role in me waking up - would be a massive understatement.

Full of archetypes to identify with. For me when younger, it was Neo. I’m feeling more like Morpheus these days. Who do you identify with?

posted on Sep, 9 2021 @ 03:04 PM
link   

Just a little plot gaffe:

If Neo was already in the Matrix when Orpheus offered him the red and blue pills, surely he didn't need to take the blue pill at all?

All he needed was to take just a red pill - or not.

So the blue pill was a placebo.

edit on 9/9/2021 by chr0naut because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 9 2021 @ 03:10 PM
link   

I will be skeptically optimistic for this.

posted on Sep, 9 2021 @ 05:17 PM
link   

As you can probably tell, I absolutely hate the Matrix!

This is the first trailer in as long as I can remember, that actually made me a bit excited to see the movie and didn't show the entire movie in the trailer either so it's a good start in my opinion.

Im just that bit more optimistic about this now and looking forward to seeing it too

posted on Sep, 9 2021 @ 07:36 PM
link   
a reply to: chr0naut

Negative. The blue pill was to erase Neo’s memory of even meeting Morpheus and the gang.

One pill to remember. The other to forget.

posted on Sep, 9 2021 @ 07:55 PM
link   

Negative. The blue pill was to erase Neo’s memory of even meeting Morpheus and the gang.

One pill to remember. The other to forget

Why did Neo need to forget things, if he made a choice to disregard what Orpheus said?

Even if Neo went back to Orpheus after changing his mind in future, would Orpheus have no longer wanted "The One" who was necessary to defeat the machines?

edit on 9/9/2021 by chr0naut because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 9 2021 @ 08:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: chr0naut

Why did Neo need to forget things, if he made a choice to disregard what Orpheus said? If he went back to Orpheus after changing his mind in future, would Orpheus have no longer wanted 'The One" who was necessary to defeat the machines?

The short answer is "There is no spoon"

The long answer ill leave to someone else.

Yep

posted on Sep, 9 2021 @ 08:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: XXXN3O

Why did Neo need to forget things, if he made a choice to disregard what Orpheus said? If he went back to Orpheus after changing his mind in future, would Orpheus have no longer wanted 'The One" who was necessary to defeat the machines?

Yep

The best answer is to take both pills, knock Orpheus' chair over, and take his wallet, too.

posted on Sep, 9 2021 @ 08:32 PM
link   

Yep

The best answer is to take both pills, knock Orpheus' chair over, and take his wallet, too.

He probably did in one of the architects predictive simulation screens.

edit on 9-9-2021 by XXXN3O because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 9 2021 @ 09:07 PM
link   

Yep

I think the whole debacle about which pill Neo should have taken is a moot point.

As a machine, The Architect designed a virtual utopian world for humans. But, humans being flawed, needed chaos and tragedy in their lives and rejected the perfect world, realising it wasn't real.

Between the 2nd and 3rd iterations of the Matrix, a fix was introduced by design. Enter stage left, The Oracle, to guide the rebellion, Zion, an underground world for the woken to inhabit and Neo, the Saviour!

Neo's role was to assist Morpheus and Zion's Resistance for the final battle with the machine. The programming made it so Neo would have to choose between saving Trinity or Zion. Every prior Neo had chosen to save Zion (the needs of the many outweigh the few - Spock). This predicted choice by the Architect would always result in Zion being destroyed and returning Neo to The Source, thus rebooting the Matrix.

The Neo we meet is different, his programming has become jumbled, from The Architect's POV. However, we like to think that he's become more human; unexpectedly, he chooses to save Trinity. The illogical choice risks the Matrix's existence and so a peace deal is made, even if Neo will have to sacrifice his own life.

So, the whole scenario was programmed, even if Neo messed up the plot. In the end, Neo could never choose the blue pill. For the sake of the programming, at the beginning he never truly had a choice. Thank God, otherwise we would never have had a bloody movie to watch.

As for the Spoon and beyond the explanation in the movie, I'm still scratching my head, thinking there must be a deeper meaning which I have yet to fathom... maybe I can't understand it because, well, there is no Spoon!

posted on Sep, 9 2021 @ 10:26 PM
link   
a reply to: jerich0

Honestly, i can't be bothered watching a sequel to a series that should have ended after the first one written as a tranny alegory.

www.bbc.com...

I've got better things to do.

posted on Sep, 10 2021 @ 06:37 AM
link   
a reply to: dug88

I will hand you my bottle of blue pills. You are not wrong

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join