It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Matrix Resurrections coming soon

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 9 2021 @ 09:25 AM
link   
I liked all the Matrix movies some more than others and to be honest I figured the last Matrix would indeed be the last one. I guess I was wrong. This movie and the new Top Gun are a couple of movies I hope I get to see.

youtu.be...

posted on Sep, 9 2021 @ 09:36 AM
link   
Can we just pretend Matrix 2 & 3 don't exist? Those were awful. This looks promising.

posted on Sep, 9 2021 @ 09:37 AM
link   
a reply to: 727Sky

Back in 99’ when the first was released, I was only 19 years old. Had so much energy that sitting thru an entire movie was typically painful.

Not for the Matrix, though. I went and saw that movie in the theaters 8 freaking times.

To say it played a huge role in me waking up - would be a massive understatement.

Full of archetypes to identify with. For me when younger, it was Neo. I’m feeling more like Morpheus these days. Who do you identify with?

posted on Sep, 9 2021 @ 09:42 AM
link   
a reply to: KKLOCO

I would agree with you on both counts.

Being 10 years older can I be Morpheus's older brother?

posted on Sep, 9 2021 @ 09:43 AM
link   
a reply to: KKLOCOthe guy that makes pills

posted on Sep, 9 2021 @ 09:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: KKLOCO

Back in 99’ when the first was released, I was only 19 years old. Had so much energy that sitting thru an entire movie was typically painful.

Not for the Matrix, though. I went and saw that movie in the theaters 8 freaking times.

To say it played a huge role in me waking up - would be a massive understatement.

Full of archetypes to identify with. For me when younger, it was Neo. I’m feeling more like Morpheus these days. Who do you identify with?

Haha I did similar. I loved the movie when it first came out... Every weekend I'd go (sneaking in a few cans in my bag) to watch it. Good times.

I like the idea of this, and really hope it's as good as it should be. Looking forward to this.

I think I identify with agent smith... this world has lost something. and it smells terrible.. lol

posted on Sep, 9 2021 @ 09:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: xandback
a reply to: KKLOCOthe guy that makes pills

You need to diversify in this modern climate, man... need green pills, rainbow pills, and one for how you feel when you wake up in the morning.

I'll just have the red, please.

posted on Sep, 9 2021 @ 09:47 AM
link   
It actually looks like it might be good

posted on Sep, 9 2021 @ 09:48 AM
link   
I guess “Furious” is too fat to have a roll in this movie.

posted on Sep, 9 2021 @ 09:50 AM
link   
I am excited for this and hope it's as good as the trailer makes it look.

I fear the creators will ruin it with thier "wokeness" though. Fingers crossed and thanks for sharing this as I haven't seen it until now.

posted on Sep, 9 2021 @ 09:54 AM
link   

Sometimes I feel like The Spoon...

There is no spoon!

posted on Sep, 9 2021 @ 09:58 AM
link   

First words of the trailer 'you seem particularly triggered right now'. That's as far as I made it.

posted on Sep, 9 2021 @ 10:05 AM
link   

I have never seen any of the Matrix movies, but since I dreamt about Keanu twice, and this movie looks awesome, I’m definitely going to watch this one.

Love the Alice in Wonderland theme.

posted on Sep, 9 2021 @ 10:11 AM
link   
Ona side note, I was particularly disturbed and devastated, when the Wachowski brothers BOTH became transgender.

I just couldn’t understand how such a magnificent movie could come from such confused individuals.

The CT side of me says ‘They’ got them. How to dispel freedom of thought? Make the creators quack jobs.

posted on Sep, 9 2021 @ 10:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: Encia22

Sometimes I feel like The Spoon...

There is no spoon!

THIS!

posted on Sep, 9 2021 @ 10:13 AM
link   
The scene in the first Matrix film where agent Smith explains "why humans are a virus" is one of the best scenes in cinema history.

posted on Sep, 9 2021 @ 10:14 AM
link   
I liked the Matrix movies. Also liked Jupiter Ascending; it had cool space ships and the best cgi Lizard Men ever.

If you haven't seen it yet, check out the "The Animatrix". It's a bunch of anime that lives in the Matrix universe. So cool.

It's going to be so hard to capture the novelty of the original Matrix movie, which was made prior to the advent of cancel culture, social media, and Mark. Hopefully those lady-dudes can pull it off!

posted on Sep, 9 2021 @ 10:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: dug88

First words of the trailer 'you seem particularly triggered right now'. That's as far as I made it.

Yeah, but it was doogie howser, that's a setup for a bad character concept if anything.

hate that guy....

posted on Sep, 9 2021 @ 10:35 AM
link   
From the looks of it, the "Architect" rebooted the Matrix and this movie starts from and on that premise, though I'm sure their will be plenty of nods to the original.

This is the direction I thought they might take. So this will be the 8th reboot of this version of the Matrix. Which leads me to ask, was Zion just part of the Matrix all along?

posted on Sep, 9 2021 @ 11:19 AM
link   
a reply to: Klassified

The way I understood it, The Architect's first Matrix flopped because humans were rejecting it. Between the second and third iterations, he introduced The Oracle to sort out the psychological aspects of humans.

So, Zion and the first Neo (anomaly) came to be. Zion was allowed to exist to make humans believe they had a choice, but when Zion became dangerously large, and a threat, then the Architect would initialise the reboot, destroying Zion and send Neo back to The Source... and thus, the rebirth of The Matrix.

Therefore, I believe Zion wasn't planned, but became integrated in later programming.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join