It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

National Archives slaps 'harmful content' warning on Constitution

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 9 2021 @ 08:41 AM
link   
a reply to: ThatDamnDuckAgain

Me use common sense?

I was basically making the same argument as you are, and in addition, I added a potential reason they had for doing this. Because people get offended and raise ruckuses and sue. To protect the documents.

posted on Sep, 9 2021 @ 08:52 AM
link   
The DOI has the absolute most harmful language of all: how to lay out a coherent argument. For example arguments to remove Pelosi:

She has raised and army of over 20,000 well armed and trained against the People.
She barred entry to the public buildings and access to their representation of the People.
She has supported statements of illegally advanced powers by firing of employees with non-compliance to the whims of government.
And she has a history of supporting removal of rights retained by the People. Such as loss of property and even life without trial or other Constitutional provisions.

And you can go on and on.

posted on Sep, 9 2021 @ 09:09 AM
link   
a reply to: GravitySucks

No you, those that want to be protected from bad words on paper or screen.

I take the blame though, because I should have worded it a bit different, but now you answered and I won't edit around to change it.

posted on Sep, 9 2021 @ 09:12 AM
link   
Sounds more like harmful Federal Employees to me.
Founding documents -if you don't like them, MOVE.
Buh-bye!

posted on Sep, 9 2021 @ 09:13 AM
link   
I've always believed in personal freedom and was against authority and the status quo. I hated the system and believed the human race had a bleak future ahead of itself. I've been wearing the tin foil hat since the late 1970s and became politically active in the 80s. I've had survival and preps in the works ever since and now have my swampy domain.

In my long and slow development in prepping and survival, I have amassed a physical and digital library. The Bible, along with the federal and state constitutions were first, then various treaties and laws concerning gun rights, etc.

I felt these documents and the Bible were going to be the first to go, sadly today I realize I was right. It's time to protect and fight for these things and the reset I have in mind is not what they are thinking.

posted on Sep, 9 2021 @ 09:27 AM
link   
Quite honestly, it's time to stop dialogue with the oppressors, it doesn't work.

A petty tyrant will never see their error until their countrymen are dying at their feet.

People are becoming completely reprobate - moral ambiguity is disgusting and leads to tyranny. Enjoy your slow decline into authoritarianism..... Dialogue serves nothing when your enemy (and they are our enemy) are ideologically possessed....
edit on 11/10/2012 by Joneselius because: (no reason given)

Your goodwill and grace will mean nothing to someone who has already dehumanised you, they'll kill you anyway. You'll just make it easier.
edit on 11/10/2012 by Joneselius because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 9 2021 @ 09:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: ThatDamnDuckAgain
a reply to: GravitySucks

These are national archives, they contain the history of the country.

Since when is it okay to be offended by history? I guess since it's okay to tear down statues, burn books and light buildings on fire to further a political agenda.

I mean, coffee is hot, history is brutal. This is ridiculous. It's like trigger warnings in front of a book about how to cope with abuse.

Use some common sense?

I don't think anyone disagrees that it's silly, but this is unfortunately a country where warning labels have to be put on everything from coffee cups to battery acid.

I know that coffee is hot and not to drink battery acid, and so do you, but somewhere out there is an asshat lawyer just waiting to file a suit because his idiot client didn't, or was offended by the content of the national archives.

posted on Sep, 9 2021 @ 09:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: Irishhaf
I am at a loss...

Is it to late to sign up to be put on a rocket to Mars...

Please don’t try to get away from these freaks.

We are gonna need all the real American patriots we can get when it’s time to take back our country from this insane, Leftist mob.

We need to be ready.

posted on Sep, 9 2021 @ 09:42 AM
link   
TPTB are getting people all buttered up for the soon to be suspension of the Founding Documents !!!🚨

Watch how these warnings will be over emphasized in school teachings 🚨

posted on Sep, 9 2021 @ 09:56 AM
link   
a reply to: Metallicus

When a national government renounces its own foundational documents, that government removes the rationale for its existence and ceases to be a legitimate government.

Liberty doesn’t need a Trigger Warning.

posted on Sep, 9 2021 @ 10:09 AM
link   

Maybe a qualified cadre of patriots should take those documents and hide them somewhere very safe. To me this move means they're in danger of destruction.

posted on Sep, 9 2021 @ 10:12 AM
link   
Like Kamala told Kavanaugh....

"That book you carry in your pocket" 🚨

posted on Sep, 9 2021 @ 10:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen

Can you expand on this? I don't know what you're referring to.

posted on Sep, 9 2021 @ 10:29 AM
link   

The one that says this?

Isaiah 41
10Fear thou not; for I am with thee: be not dismayed; for I am thy God: I will strengthen thee; yea, I will help thee; yea, I will uphold thee with the right hand of my righteousness. 11Behold, all they that were incensed against thee shall be ashamed and confounded: they shall be as nothing; and they that strive with thee shall perish. 12Thou shalt seek them, and shalt not find them, even them that contended with thee: they that war against thee shall be as nothing, and as a thing of nought. 13For I the LORD thy God will hold thy right hand, saying unto thee, Fear not; I will help thee.

I can hardly wait to see a bunch of rotten people thrown into hell. The day draws nigh

posted on Sep, 9 2021 @ 10:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: GravitySucks
No outrage from me.

This label applies to all of the national archives, not just the Constitution. As a header of sorts on the online catalog. Smart move, if you ask me, else they'd be tied up in controversy or court by every person who gets offended to that degree by something in the archives.

I don't think they're listening. That's the trouble with clickbait headlines.

posted on Sep, 9 2021 @ 10:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: VierEyes

Maybe a qualified cadre of patriots should take those documents and hide them somewhere very safe. To me this move means they're in danger of destruction.

Why?

They're there online, in full. They're in most government school books, they're literally all over America. The archives have high resolution scans and the originals and original copies are well preserved in many archives all over the US.

If you actually look at the information, it says that this label is a general one that applies to the archives -- there's stuff in there that's offensive to some. It doesn't say (as the clickbait headline wants you to believe) that the founding documents are offensive and should be censored.

posted on Sep, 9 2021 @ 10:57 AM
link   
Well, there we have it. The government of the United States of America has admitted that it is indeed dangerous. Dangerous not only to the people of the country but dangerous to the very documents that give the government legitimacy.

The only remaining question is are they so stupid that this is unintentional or are they actually going to admit it is on purpose?

We need a minimum intelligence test for all elected and appointed government officials for all governments.

posted on Sep, 9 2021 @ 11:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: VierEyes

Can you expand on this? I don't know what you're referring to.

Kamala Harris Dismissively Calls US Constitution “That Book That You Carry” During Kavanaugh Hearing😉

Sept 7, 2018

Senator Kamala Harris (D-CA) dismissed Judge Brett Kavanaugh’s pocket U.S. Constitution as “that book that you carry” when questioning him during his Senate confirmation hearings.

posted on Sep, 9 2021 @ 11:28 AM
link   
Geez, millions of documents they referred to, but of course the right-wing knuckle-draggers thinks it’s only referring to the founding documents

This is the only level that you can talk to righties…use simple one-liners that will reflect how they feel, regardless if it is true or complete.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join