It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Battle of aliens in the skies over Nuremberg in 1561

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 11 2021 @ 07:01 AM
link   
a reply to: Ophiuchus1

That's the kind of post I like!

Thanks for all the investigative work!

posted on Sep, 11 2021 @ 07:34 AM
link   

edit on 11-9-2021 by gortex because: Already mentioned

posted on Sep, 11 2021 @ 11:19 AM
link   
Post continued from post page 2 ……..

Current Google Earth labeling of map.

Shown below, Plus or minus, the general area (green triangle) where remnants of the air battle debris could be possibly buried and located……this area starting point is in Oststadt.

Also from the wood cutter’s depiction, possibly where the church once stood (blue ellipse)…..this area starting point is in Tullnau. Local or national Historical records of the area may prove or disprove whether a church was ever near the lake during 1561. There may be a foundation or other ruins buried to find.

If you live in Germany and looking for an adventure for your next weekend or Holiday season, grab a shovel and metal detector or portable ground penetrating radar or LIDAR capable drone …..and go on a hunt!

Mention the outcome on this thread…..

Note: my symbology used is arbitrary and limited imprecise dimensioning.

Good Luck 👍🏼

edit on 11-9-2021 by Ophiuchus1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 12 2021 @ 11:04 AM
link   
Finally…….according to my hypothesis of the wood cut’s landmarks / locations…..here is what I believe the labeling should be in relation to the current Google mapping in my previous 2 posts.

TaDa!

edit on 12-9-2021 by Ophiuchus1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 12 2021 @ 04:27 PM
link   
I have always thought that the drawing could depict an example of a mass hallucination event. For example, bread infected with ergot.

There are two types of ergotism.

The first is characterized by muscle spasms, fever and hallucinations and the victims may appear dazed, be unable to speak, become manic, or have other forms of paralysis or tremors, and suffer from hallucinations and other distorted perceptions.

The second type of ergotism is marked by violent burning, absent peripheral pulses and shooting pain of the poorly vascularized distal organs, such as the fingers and toes. This was known as Saint Anthony's fire.

So, the sky event could be the work of ergot, which wasn't known about until the 18th century. The burning in the field could be the farmers/people burning the infected wheat/rye.

posted on Sep, 12 2021 @ 06:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Moohide
The ergot idea has been raised before, but the two curved lines extending from what looks like a face on the sun (or a false sun, see red arrows below) are reminiscent of a sundog, so I think the idea a sundog might explain at least part of the sighting seems like a good possibility. This article proposes a sundog along with other natural phenomena happened sequentially, since a sundog alone couldn't explain everything. The carving shows everything at once but the description does not describe everything happening at once, so it's a bit misleading due to the space limitations of the format. Here are some sundog examples, compare the curved lines on the left with the curved lines on the wood carving:

Nuremburg UFO Battle Debunked

So it can be seen that many of the shapes described in the Nuremberg UFO Battle can occur naturally. Every single one of them. The cross shapes, multiple orbs, half orbs, colored orbs and rods. It’s also important to note, that Hans Glaser depicted these shapes all happening simultaneously due to his one-page limit, when the description claims that this all happened over the space of an hour and somewhat sequentially. A fact which no other source (especially pro-UFO sources) mentions. First there was some weird stuff with the sun, then orbs and rods, then all of that disappeared and was followed by the giant black spear. Also, the shapes in the woodcut are shown all jumbled together and randomly strewn about, though nothing in the narrative says this was the case. Glaser was not a witness, so he would have no clue whether things were all jumbled (as depicted) or more uniform and geometric (as what happens in nature)

The burning in the field could be the farmers/people burning the infected wheat/rye.
Or the burning could be something else being burned, unrelated to what was going on in the sky. The article linked above is not supportive of the ergot idea, but it does ask a lot of questions about what's burning. I've seen lots of farmers burning piles of unwanted debris in their fields, which can be going on whether or not there's anything going on in the sky at the time.

Something that sets this sighting apart from many others is the fact that there was a crash. Or was there? The most obvious question here is if there was a crash, where is the wreckage? Where are the bodies? Why does the woodcut (or any other source) not mention finding anything where these things supposedly crashed? Why does Nuremberg make very little of this event to this day?

Another interesting thing on that site is another battle in the sky which nobody seems to take literally, so it suggests that we should be cautious about taking Glaser's descriptions of battles in the sky too literally:

...another event seen in the sky, also depicted by Herr Glaser. A number of people reported seeing knights fighting each other in the sky late at night, and yet no one is claiming this is proof of aliens in any way and certainly no one is claiming this actually happened as literally as depicted. That’s because these knights fighting in the sky were likely another natural event. One source (web.archive.org...) suggests that these knights was actually an aurora borealis. For one reason or another, the witness or Glaser probably embellished what was seen or reported. For one reason or another, one or both parties attached religious significance to this aurora, perhaps via a shared societal pareidolia.

Here’s the picture of knights fighting in the sky, suggested to be actually the northern lights, reported by a variety of common and upperclass folks. The text also mentions the Apostle Paul, angels as well as God and Jesus Christ, meaning that they thought there was something more to it than auroras for some reason or another. Again if anyone wants to take a stab at reading and translating, have fun. It’s also important to note that Glaser is again, depicting in art what someone (or many someones) said they saw. We have no way of knowing whether the witness(es) said “I saw knights fighting in the sky” or “I saw clouds and lights in the sky, and they kind of moved around. I don’t how to describe it, maybe it was like, you know, how knights kind of move when they fight.”

posted on Sep, 12 2021 @ 07:42 PM
link   
………” The burning in the field could be the farmers/people burning the infected wheat/rye.”…….

…..”Or the burning could be something else being burned, unrelated to what was going on in the sky. The article linked above is not supportive of the ergot idea, but it does ask a lot of questions about what's burning. I've seen lots of farmers burning piles of unwanted debris in their fields, which can be going on whether or not there's anything going on in the sky at the time.”…….

———————————————————————————————————

Let me preface by saying that the wood cut was painted with a limited choice of colors in the color pallet. I would have chosen the color black, not the color blue, to depict the bellowing smoke in the field. But that’s neither here nor there….

In terms of debris that may have fell in the field….I can only present a mild comparison to what was written, described and depicted as large Rods that had globes coming out of them.

Below I have taken and mirrored one of these large blue Rods ejecting the globes. Next to it is a close up of the purported debris in the field. Notice that the debris shows what appears as a brown Rod end, bellowing smoke.

Both the Rod in the sky and in the field has roughly the same symmetry i.e. rounded (oval) openings and straight Rod length lines. IMO…..the depiction in the field is of a Rod type object.

edit on 12-9-2021 by Ophiuchus1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 12 2021 @ 08:58 PM
link   
You could also make a close-up of the boots on the knights who were fighting in the sky, but that doesn't mean there were any boots on any knights fighting in the sky. The artist wasn't even a witness to the events, so not only is it not a photograph, it may not be very close to what actually happened.

posted on Sep, 12 2021 @ 09:04 PM
link   

IMO…..the depiction in the field is of a Rod type object.
Sort of like a Roman candle.

I too am a proponent of the fireworks hypothesis.

posted on Sep, 13 2021 @ 06:27 AM
link   
Wasn't the Nuremberg Newsletter the equivalent of the trash tabloids of today?

The story was probably just chipbait!

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join