It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iranian Fighter

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 16 2003 @ 10:45 AM
link   
Russia's Mikoyan Design Bureau is apparently cooperating with Iran in the development of the Shafagh stealth attack aircraft. The Shafagh was first shown to public at the airshow in Iran in 2003 and externally is nearly identical to the earlier Mikoyan I-2000 light tactical fighter design proposed under the LFI program. The Shafagh was shown as a model and and also as a full-scale mockup of the two-seat trainer version featuring advanced cockpit design and a Russian-made K-36D ejection seat, earlier considered by the US for installation on the F-22 Raptor. The single-engined Shafagh is believed to be using the Klimov RD-33 turbojets also used by the MiG-29.

Iranian Figher Model

[Edited on 16-7-2003 by Pyros]

[Edited on 16-7-2003 by Pyros]

posted on Jul, 16 2003 @ 10:50 AM
link   
yes i know, it may be the vityaz-2000
it will be a disc shaped aircraft.

posted on Jul, 16 2003 @ 10:57 AM
link   
Will it be armed with nuclear warheads i wonder?

posted on Jul, 16 2003 @ 01:46 PM
link   
More detail info on the plane in the "airforces monthly jan 2003 issue" Project is know as: Shafagh (Farsi for "Light before dawn") Funded by Iranian ministry of defence.. Plane is to be sub-sonic (max speed 1000-1100km/h?), Empty weight 5000kgs, 1/7 scale windtunnel model is allready made.. Best canditate for engine is russian rd-33 (klimov), Roll-out for the first prototype is scheduled in 2008..

posted on Jul, 18 2003 @ 03:45 AM
link   
$tranger....wtf?
This is the same design and appearance as the Russians are working on isn't it? And if so, why aren't the Iranian's just buying this already made from the Russian's verses building it?
Enlighten me you Russian arms dealer in disguise!!

regards
seekerof

posted on Jul, 18 2003 @ 08:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Seekerof
$tranger....wtf?
This is the same design and appearance as the Russians are working on isn't it? And if so, why aren't the Iranian's just buying this already made from the Russian's verses building it?

regards
seekerof

you think that the russians will out give all of their super plasma mach 50 technology ??

posted on Jul, 19 2003 @ 03:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by $tranger

Originally posted by Seekerof
$tranger....wtf?

regards
seekerof

you think that the russians will out give all of their super plasma mach 50 technology ??

Nah, $tranger..hehe
But I figured I'd ask ya cause I knew that you would have the answer.
Thanks mate.

regards
seekerof

posted on Jul, 19 2003 @ 05:34 PM
link   
so what! oh no the russians built an aircraft for the iranians!
the aricraft is only as good as the pilot. you put and iranian pilot or russian pilot in on of those things a american pilot in a f-16 an the american will win time and time again.

new topics

top topics

join