It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Im a non binary person

page: 7
<< 4  5  6   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 10 2021 @ 12:54 PM
link   
Not that society at large is at all consistent at the moment.

I recently entered an elevator, and getting in last, I stood right by the door.
So when the the elevator landed on my floor, the door opened and I walked out.
And this loud (male, I assume) voice behind me says: "What happened to ladies' first"?

I never said anything and kept going.
But now in hindsight I should have said: "Ever heard of intersectional feminism, you sexist fascist"?

Or a story of even more woe.
At this one seminar on "food culture", as everyone was gathering in the hall for the keynote speaker, some female Professors wanted the windows open.
The entire gaggle of feminists from the gender department were present at the time.
The windows were pretty high up however.
So this one Professor announced: "Can we have two men to open the windows please"?
Some people were eyeing me, but I wasn't getting up.
Then two black dudes volunteered (clearly new on campus and eager to impress).
The one had to stand on the other dude's shoulders to reach the windows!
Well, that was pretty demeaning I thought, and with all these feminists, the guys must still do the #ty jobs!
Although granted, with the then present feminist bodies being binaries between skeletal vegan waifs and almost morbidly obese body positivity hippos, their attempt at opening the windows might have ended in a medical emergency.

Although the worst was that I brought this up at a following departmental seminar.
And they were all on about how African men still expect women to take the plates to the kitchen at socials, and oh, the poor women.
So I was like, yeah, but men must chop the wood, and by the way, and as soon as the feminists couldn't open the windows (or they were just too lazy, weak and unfit), they called on men to do it.
Some there knew exactly what I was talking about, because they were present, but flip they were not happy I brought this up.
That was the beginning of the end for me at the "Gender Department", although I only spoke the truth.
edit on 10-9-2021 by halfoldman because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 10 2021 @ 01:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: sciencelol

This was tops a 7 year old girl WTF are they doing to our children ?

In other news, a 7 year old kid was spotted playing in a black costume, telling everyone he's Batman.

posted on Sep, 10 2021 @ 01:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Debunkology

Bit incendiary and all that, but the dudes 3 songs are all just absolute fire. He even references Derrida in one of them..

I obviously have my own thoughts on it all, but I do think the entire situation is really unhealthy for a lot of people.

Might as well put one more..

edit on 10-9-2021 by Serdgiam because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 10 2021 @ 02:11 PM
link   
Does Santa bring non-binary gifts?

Well, you could say he brings both dolls and toy cars (for example), but those are still pretty much binary toys.
And we wouldn't want to be offensive and give gendered toys to non-binary kids.

I'd say non-binary kids should only get Christmas toys that are completely devoid of gender markers.
Little red plastic beach buckets and shovels every year.

So, should we still tell Santa you're non-binary?

edit on 10-9-2021 by halfoldman because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 10 2021 @ 02:47 PM
link   
a reply to: halfoldman

Are you suggesting that girls and women don't like cars, and that boys don't like dolls? I have a non-binary cousin, and he loved lego as a kid. Can't think of a more gender neutral toy.

posted on Sep, 10 2021 @ 03:02 PM
link   
Well I was a little gay-boy once and I liked Barbie and action figures.
But the one was gender non-conformist, at the time.
Yeah and I had to kinda hide my Barbies.

But gender non-binary is something different.
That is assuming an adult identity that is kinda neutral.
At least gender neutral.

And even so far most toys are not gender-neutral.
Mostly very bland things, like splash pools or goggles.
Sure one can have non-conformist Christmas wishes, but those are not non-binary.

posted on Sep, 10 2021 @ 03:59 PM
link   
Just so once in the late 1980's my grandparents came to SA (now deceased), and shopping malls were magical times around Christmas.

So they said I can choose anything I like.

And wow this mall just had an entire row just Barbie and Skipper.

And I was like, I want that dress, and those shoes.

And then my grandfather went all upset.

I'm like, I'm costing too much money - only three things so far.
Er no, you asking only for girl's things.
Really?
So you see that's not non-binary, that's transgressive.
Well, in their minds it was.

posted on Sep, 10 2021 @ 05:45 PM
link   
Once they start paying me taxes -- because I identify as emporer of the universe -- I'll start calling them whatever they want.

Until then, I call bull#.

posted on Sep, 10 2021 @ 06:35 PM
link   
Although, I understand my grandpa's dilemma at the time.

Come Christmas, and the present is opened, and it's just dresses.

Well, you know where the finger's going to point.

posted on Sep, 10 2021 @ 06:38 PM
link   
a reply to: halfoldman

Ha.

Elevator etiquette trumps any other kind of etiquette.

Men are generally taller and may or may not be wearing skirts.

Who clears the dishes in their own castle is none of my business.

I've always chopped wood.

posted on Sep, 10 2021 @ 10:56 PM
link   
a reply to: sciencelol

They're mutating them into staunch knee-jerk Left-Right (BINARY) mentality ftards. The ultimate hypocrisy -well one of them- I know about.

posted on Sep, 11 2021 @ 06:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: xandback
We judge seven years old these days...now thats conspiracy

The parents are judged.

posted on Sep, 12 2021 @ 02:00 PM
link   
May I interject that as a Brit, and an almost 69 year old man, that I was brought up to watch my P's and Q's; stand up on public transport for those far older than me; Give up my seat for a pregnant Lady, whether she wanted to sit or not; I was taught manners and respect for both my elders and my betters and also to take responsibility for my actions. At an early age I understood that there was a consequence for my misbehaviour both at boarding school and at home.

Speaking of school in general and biology in particular, I was taught that God made Adam and then put Adam to sleep and made Eve from one of Adam's ribs, because Adam was lonely. Thus 'Wo-man' was created.

Now in Biology, we were taught that little boys have a penis and a little girl has a vagina. Nothing wrong with that fact whatsoever. Nowhere in the Bible (or other religious books) does it say that a little boy or a little girl - innocent from the day they were born, are anything other than a male or female offspring.

THAT is the inescapable, biological fact that woke, snowflake parents cannot come to terms with. Vive la difference!

posted on Sep, 12 2021 @ 02:17 PM
link   
a reply to: sciencelol

Too bad ‘its’ parents didn’t take it to a farm or state fair instead of the park. I’m guessing farm animals making more farm animals would’ve been too distressing for the parents and poor child—too many questions, maybe.

posted on Sep, 12 2021 @ 02:44 PM
link   
a reply to: joejack1949

An interesting test back when John Stoessel was on 20/20 back in the 90’s: they took videos of kids playing with different toys in a University setting. While the adults were out of the room, the kids could pick whatever toys they wanted from a pile—dolls, trucks, guns (yes, toy guns), etc. The kids took the toys you’d expect them to take: boys took the trucks and guns, girls picked the dolls and stuffed animals. Then the professor GAVE the kids the opposite gender toys. None of the kids were happy.
But what if they painted the guns and trucks in a color girls said they like best? So the college students and professor painted the guns and trucks pink and purple. The boys now HATED the guns and trucks…and the girls STILL didn’t care much to play with them either. Dolls and stuffed animals were then dressed in camouflage; other ‘girlie’ toys were painted black or red or Army green. You guessed it: the GIRLS hated the black, red and Army green toys and didn’t much like their unicorns in cammo, either. Some girls even cried. A few boys tried to break the pink guns.
The upshot is that it’s not necessarily society’s expectations that matter when it comes to gender and gender roles or interests. Boys will be boys and girls will be girls.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6   >>

join