It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Im a non binary person

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 8 2021 @ 05:45 AM
link   
Maiming a generation: The medicalisation of gender non-conforming young people is the biggest medical scandal of our time

In 1961 an Australian doctor, William McBride, wrote to the Lancet about a significant rise in the number of babies born with serious deformities at his hospital, noting that all the mothers had taken a recently developed anti-morning sickness drug. Thalidomide was withdrawn later the same year.

The only good thing about the subsequent scandal was the speed with which the authorities moved. Even so, an estimated 10,000 babies worldwide suffered severe birth defects; a similar number died in utero. The timely actions of medical regulators saved countless more.

We’re in the middle of another medical disaster that rivals — some would say dwarfs — the Thalidomide affair. But unlike previous scandals, the medicalisation of gender non-conforming (GNC) young people has continued for years after clinicians first raised concerns. Disturbingly, these whistleblowers have been maligned by the pro-transition lobby and, worse, by fellow clinicians for speaking up.

[...].

edit on Wed Sep 8 2021 by DontTreadOnMe because: trimmed long quote IMPORTANT: Using Content From Other Websites on ATS

posted on Sep, 8 2021 @ 05:52 AM
link   
a reply to: SeventhChapter

Ya i feel things are a bit more complicated, like you have suggested. Life does require male and female and if population statistics are correct, that's not going away anytime soon!

But back to my point, because things are complicated and may have various mental and spiritual influences, i think its best not to pass judgement without understanding the full spectrum of reasons.

posted on Sep, 8 2021 @ 06:16 AM
link   
Imagine creating this much confusion in your child on purpose. At 7 no child in the history of ever would identify as "non binary" without the helpful persuasion of the adults surrounding the child.

Instead of enjoying a life filled with trucks and dolls and tea parties and gi joe raids... this child has to concern itself with this. Forget carefree and concern yourself with having to constantly correct everyone around you with how you are feeling on any given day. Children are burdened with too many adult problems. Let them be children. They can figure out what they want to be when they grow up in time. I feel sad that so many people (adults and children) seem to place all of their personal value on labels.
edit on 982021 by HairForceOne because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 8 2021 @ 06:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: dbates

originally posted by: Xtrozero
I been saying for years now that "it" seems to be very non-binary.

They feels more comfortable to me as a non-gendered word when referring to people. It feels like something that isn't a person. "It wants a pizza". "They want a pizza."

Having to make speech less colloquial is pretty uncomfortable for me....so "it" or " mental patient" both suffice to share my discomfort.

posted on Sep, 8 2021 @ 06:53 AM
link   

Gender Identity Ideology in K-12 Schools - How did it Happen?

A decade ago, most teachers, principals and students in K-12 schools had never heard the terms “transgender” or “gender identity.” Within one decade that has all changed. By now, every teacher, principal and student across America has heard the terms, even if they aren’t sure what they mean. The concept of “gender Identity,” often morphs depending on who you are talking to. There has never been a stable legal or logical definition of the term and often definitions are tautological, i.e.; “Gender identity is a person’s internal, deeply held sense or psychological knowledge of their own gender.” What seems to be taking place in the culture is that “gender identity” has become a euphemism for body dissociation. Children are being taught that they can be a boy or a girl, that sex is assigned at birth, that sex exists on a spectrum and that they can choose which sex they are later.

How did it Happen?

President Obama and his handlers played a starring role in instituting gender identity ideology into K-12 schools.

In 2008 Obama was just a twinkle in Penny Pritzker’s eye. Working as an Illinois senator in political obscurity, Obama was basically an unknown entity. Penny Pritzker, of the Chicago Pritzker billionaires, who share massive investments in the medical industrial complex (MIC), set a mission of getting Obama into the White House. She succeeded in not just securing one term for him, but two, by introducing him to the titans of finance, including the head of Goldman Sachs. She helped fund his PACs and later became his Secretary of Commerce.

Penny Pritzker is not the only important Pritzker in the story of how gender identity ideology got into our children’s schools, but Obama started doing her bidding immediately.

In 2009, immediately after being elected, he signed into law the Matthew Shepard and James Byrd, Jr. Hate Crimes Prevention Act which extended the coverage of Federal hate crimes law to include attacks based on the victim’s “gender identity.” “Gender Identity” was never defined.

In 2010 he initiated anti-bullying campaigns in schools for LGBT students, and began to rapidly pass other “transgender” legislation. This was the same year GLSEN (Gay Lesbian Straight Education Network) began lobbying Illinois schools for anti-bullying protections toward LGBT students and students with a “gender identity,” for which they were purportedly being bullied. It was the beginning of the drive to bring “gender identity” as a concept into children’s schools. Among GLSEN supporters, is Walt Disney Corporation who has gifted one hundred million dollars to children’s hospitals across America and Europe, at least several of which have “gender clinics” for youth.

This lobbying of schools for anti-bullying of LGBT youth and children with “gender identities” began five years after the T+ began appearing under the LGB human rights banner and “transgender” organizations mushroomed globally. It was the onset of these terms arriving in American institutions, with no explanation. Suddenly, “transgender” and “gender identity” were everywhere. GLSEN is also funded by Arcus Foundation, one of the largest LGBT NGOs in the United States, driving gender identity ideology globally. Arcus Foundation founder, Jon Stryker, funds his foundation millions of dollars through his corporation, Stryker Medical. GLSEN is also funded by Gill Foundation, another massive LGBT NGO driving “gender identity" ideology under a banner of safety and anti-bullying for children.

In 2010, by any standard, the shifting concepts of “transgender children,” or children with innate “gender identities” for which they were bullied, were not even a blip on the cultural radar and yet some of the most important and richest people in America were taking measures for their protection in our institutions. It’s worth noting that though these new identities came into K-12 schools under a banner of sexual identity, the lessons about “transgender” and “gender identity” were brought into schools in both new sexual education curriculums and via anti-bullying campaigns, the latter of which parents could not opt their children out of.

In 2013 Jennifer Pritzker, Penny Pritzker's cousin, another billioniare in the philanthropic family, released a statement to individuals associated with two business and philanthropic organizations that subsequently received wide media coverage, indicating a name change from James Pritzker, to Jennifer Pritzker, to reflect his imagined status as a woman. At 63, with two marriages behind him and having fathered three children, he took up the mantle of driving “gender identity” into our cultural institutions through his Tawani Foundation, including funding Equality Illinois Education Project, another purported anti-bullying program used to drive the feeble ideology of “gender identity,” into children’s schools.

By 2015, while the unstable concepts of “transgender” and “gender identity” were proliferating in media spreads and TV reality shows and Hollywood stars were parading their children around as opposite sex children, Obama became the first president to say the word "transgender" in a state of the union address. He hosted a youth summit at the White House for LGBT Youth and called a meeting specifically for “transgender” students, earning the title of "Trans President." Was he doing this for an infinitesimle segment of the population of children in K-12 schools that had body dysphoria related to their genitalia? If so, why? What is a “transgender child?” What is “gender identity” and why do children suddenly have one? We, the American people, are still asking.

We're not alone in questioning the construction of "transgender children." In the UK, Dr. Heather Brunskell Evans reports on lobby groups driving the narrative of "gender idenitities" and "transgender" medical identities in children that have no basis in material reality.

Fast forward to 2019. JB Pritzker, Governor of Illinois, brother to Penny Pritzker, and cousin to Jennifer Pritzker, has invested twenty five million dollars in early childhood initiatives. He also dropped all pretense of anti-bullying campaigns for LGB students, in grade schools, and initiated an executive order, creating an Affirming and Inclusive Task Force purportedly to “improve the learning environment for 'transgender,' 'nonbinary,' and gender nonconforming students by affirming and supporting them.” Sitting on the Task Force is Associate Director of Community Programs and Initiatives at Lurie Children's Hospital of Chicago (Jennifer Pritzker provided the funds for Lurie Children's Hospital "gender clinic" in 2013). Though the 50-page task force report is meant to be a guideline, it makes clear that everyone in Illinois schools will abide by the dictates of an ideology that has never been discussed, evaluated or approved by the public, an ideology that sets children against the biological reality of their sexed bodies.

At least now, we know who's paid for these dictates.

posted on Sep, 8 2021 @ 06:53 AM
link   
a reply to: sciencelol

Bloody fake woke parents are cancer to society.

posted on Sep, 8 2021 @ 09:45 AM
link   

Have you even considered that her parents could be Republican? did you ask them?

So, you've just assumed they are Democrats for your own purposes?

Shame on you...

PA

posted on Sep, 8 2021 @ 09:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: PerfectAnomoly

Have you even considered that her parents could be Republican? did you ask them?

So, you've just assumed they are Democrats for your own purposes?

Shame on you...

PA

Lets take bets.....

posted on Sep, 8 2021 @ 11:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: cooperton

originally posted by: TzarChasm
Apparently you think that young citizen isn't smart enough to decide for herself what she likes to be called?

"Herself"??? "She"??

So insensitive bro...

I edited my post to correct my mistake. Now you can contribute something intelligent and meaningful.

posted on Sep, 8 2021 @ 12:20 PM
link   
a reply to: TzarChasm

I would argue that where these social groups are going is the very opposite of "transcending gender norms." They are all very firmly fixed in the paradigms, and I would say that concepts like transgender do more to cement gender norms than any more traditional outlooks. Even going so far as using pharmaceuticals, medical intervention, and surgery to maintain the very social constructs they fight against. That goes a bit offtopic, but its still related.

In this case, we have to examine it in the overall context of where segments of society have been going.

Up until a few years preceding puberty, Im not sure it any of it matters at all. However, many of these discussions revolve around very in-depth discussion and awareness of gender with the child. This goes even further than more traditional parents that would, say, strongly encourage their child to prefer certain colors like pink vs blue.

This is very similar to the race discussion, in my opinion. From a very young age, many children are absolutely inundated with relentless awareness of these differences from a variety of directions. It should be no surprise that they grow up to view the entire world strictly through these lenses, with a level of importance that places it as a primary motivator for most actions through their entire life.

Do we believe that a child who is having this discussion with strangers on the playground has never had a discussion about gender with their parents? I dont, though I suppose its possible, and I would expect that its a very large part of kids upbringing with very strong encouragement to perhaps subvert cultural & societal norms.. but.. it does so in a way that embeds an even deeper importance and constant awareness of the very social constructs they intend to overcome.

A random kid that just doesnt want to identify as a boy or girl would seem somewhat natural to me. But, that would mean the parents not bringing it up at all either, and I would say its nearly guaranteed that the parents in a situation like this are strongly encouraging their child to understand everything in the very social constructs of gender they would claim to transcend. Maybe even daily discussions about it and how amazing it all is. Maybe not! But, I think its generally a safe bet.

TL;DR: I believe this actually perpetuates and amplifies the problems many of these folks want to solve, to a far greater degree than more "traditional" outlooks. Importantly, I think this would be the case even in an insulated, strictly controlled and supportive environment. When this set of social constructs runs into more longstanding social constructs that conflict, it becomes embedded even further.
edit on 8-9-2021 by Serdgiam because: Squirrel chaos

posted on Sep, 8 2021 @ 12:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Serdgiam

Your response makes a better OP for this topic. Less whiny judgmental resentment, more clinical and generally objective awareness of the situation and its reflection of social health. Particularly the observations about contrasting social progressive values serving to reinforce more traditional understanding of gender roles rather than replace them. Ultimately what's the danger? Kids are under the guidance and authority of their parents and that direct chain of command is unalienable. Feeling offended is not a basis for hostility or discipline, if there is no clear and present danger then stay in your lane.

posted on Sep, 8 2021 @ 12:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: xandback
We judge seven years old these days...now thats conspiracy

I think it's more about how a 7 year old gets that idea. Just weird.
edit on 8-9-2021 by vonclod because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 8 2021 @ 01:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Serdgiam

You post some reallly good things, and I have never thought about it in those terms, for example these 'ideas' could well see people repress their natural animus or anima and thus is extremely dangerous.
According to Jungian theories of the unconscious.
This imbalance would be the opposite of the idea of individuation.
OR a good philosophical saying I heard the other day from the gnostic gospel of Thomas

If you bring forth what is within you, what you bring forth will save you. If you do not bring forth what is within you, what you do not bring forth will destroy you.”

Interestingy that quote could easily be mistaken for. Jungian thought, and that text is around 2 thousand years old

edit on 8-9-2021 by DAVG1980 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 8 2021 @ 01:35 PM
link   

I’d like to think that as a parent I have a right to raise my children as I see fit.

Others parents have that same right.

We’re free to call it stupid but those parents have as much of a right as I do.

posted on Sep, 8 2021 @ 01:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
a reply to: Themaskedbeast

You can also get into some awkward grammar construction attempting to use they as a stand-in for standard singular pronouns. Of course, xe/xer isn't a whole lot better.

EDIT - Drunk and sun stroked, meant to quote another post about how to refer to people.

Maybe it's different in the UK but I've asked mates who are trans what they were like when they were guys and it's been an entertaining, honest opent conversation - they've never taken any offence and given entertaining anecdotes and descrptions of the difference.

They've appreciated that I can't remember that kind of thing due to brain injury and couldn't care less about the fancy genders/sexualiaty, It's none of my busisness. The usual feedback is that's the way it should be and they're happy for me to call them their name rather than any he/she/they bollocks.

I know it's incredibly important to them and their identity but the only thing I care about is whether they're a twat or not - It's not due to some pious, saintly or 'I am above others' behaviour. I simply don't care and will never 'get it' as I've never questioned my sexuality or gender or paid any attention to the subject.

Don't get me wrong, one of the only times I've been properly discriminated against was at an LGBT+ metting a mate set up. I was reffered to as breeder for a couple of hours and verbally attaced for being straight even though I support the right for consenting adults to do whatever in the bedroom.

The entire meeting was pretty much an exercise in getting drunk and bitching/discriminating againt non LGBT people, the entire duiration was just bitching about straight people rather than sharing and organising protest plans to change laws.

Never went again and soon cut off contact with the people doing the abuse #e, still best mates with the ones who coulddn't give less of a toss if I misgender them and don't go reeeee at everything

I
edit on 8-9-2021 by bastion because: (no reason given)

edit on 8-9-2021 by bastion because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 8 2021 @ 01:45 PM
link   
a reply to: TzarChasm

I think the dangers are a lot more abstract, long-term, and derive from social group momentum (where individual harm would be downstream).

In an individual case, there isnt necessarily harm. In this case, we dont know how the parents are raising the child.

That said, I believe that these movements are indeed harmful from many angles. Particularly when it comes to the treatment of indviduals with clinical gender dysphoria. I think its difficult to remove it as a subject when discussing these things, but Im doing my best in the context of the OP lol

In this case, we are introducing concepts to a child where they have little to no direct personal understanding of what any of it means. As their brains are forming, and they eventually do start experiencing the physiological changes ramping up to puberty, I believe it will lead to immense confusion. As I think most of us know, the hormonal changes in puberty are a pretty confusing time in general.

From what I have seen, a lot of this actually ends up obfuscating core issues in individuals that are frequently handled in a way that is harmful. Or at the very least, completely obfuscate any paths that might lead to truly beneficial outcomes. For a specific example, the idea that misgendering someone is actual violence can only come from a place of distinct privilege. Even in a scenario where someone is being intentionally misgendered, a "well-adjusted" person is unlikely to truly experience much of a response.

While it is absolutely not true universally, I believe that people who have relatively profound personal issues (even going into the realm of mental illness) are more susceptible than anyone to falling into a lot of this simply because it "feels good" in a world that might not make sense to them. The dopamine releases from parasocial and social interactions give instant amelioration, but in doing so, obscure any deeper introspection. I genuinely believe that is very, very unhealthy.

Even within the context of "being a part of, and propagating a larger system of bigotry that can result in depression and self-harm," I believe it would be significantly more helpful to teach people how to work through these issues internally. Thats nuanced, and a much bigger topic, but the current approach of outright encouraging extreme responses as appropriate, supplemented by demands that everyone else in society must change, are a goal that is unlikely to ever be achieved in any meaningful timeframe. If at all.

If someone refers to me as an "incorrect" pronoun, I may not even care enough to correct them regardless of intentionality. I know who I am, and as a direct result, place very little (if any) importance on what someone else calls me. This took work, particularly in the tail end of my teenage years. Notably, we can see this behavior in responses to the average generalization online too. Saying "liberals/conservatives are idiots" is unlikely to provoke a response in someone that understands they arent an idiot, even if they identify as one of those groups. Its received as non-applicable. While I personally do not deal with any gender issues, I think that this is a much broader subject that is currently subject to myopism.

And while the specific steps might be different for everyone, I believe that the vast majority of these approaches (traditional or progressive) do not teach people how to accept and embrace themselves as True Individuals. I just see demanded conformity across the board, with "progressive" simply introducing more boxes to give the illusion that it is progress.

When this is all coupled with outright demands of compliance and acceptance from those that might disagree, up to and including actions like censorship, it begins to introduce some very serious issues. This impacts everyone from a teen who might just be trying to find their place in the world to someone who has truly serious mental issues. They are frequently taught that its everyone else that is the problem, and if only that would change.. all their personal problems will be fixed. This isnt stated outright, but it does drive the core behaviors and I believe that is distinctly unhealthy, and over time.. distinctly harmful.

Thank you for coming to my TED talk

edit on 8-9-2021 by Serdgiam because: clarity

posted on Sep, 8 2021 @ 01:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: sciencelol

originally posted by: burdman30ott6

originally posted by: cmdrkeenkid
Listen, if you can get the drinking fountains changed to pop I think you have a solid chance in 2024.

Not pop, Brawndo the Thirst Mutilator... it's got electrolytes, which plants crave.

but what are electrolytes

They're what Brawndo has in it, plants crave it!

posted on Sep, 8 2021 @ 02:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

I’d like to think that as a parent I have a right to raise my children as I see fit.

Others parents have that same right.

We’re free to call it stupid but those parents have as much of a right as I do.

Agreed . But what if she learned it in school?

We raise our grandson and have chosen to homeschool him and he is autistic so we considered sending him to school for some of the speech and occupational therapies until our district had the mask mandate

BUt if she is learning it in school and since she as at the same neighborhood park as us that would be where my grandson goes to school if we sent him.
So now I want to know where she learned it
edit on 8-9-2021 by sciencelol because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 8 2021 @ 02:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: sciencelol

So now I want to know where she learned it

Ultimately, we can only teach our own children the values, morals we have.

If the school or her parents are teaching something different from your own values then you just have to make sure that what you teach tolerates different ideas. Not accepting them or embracing them.

You can teach that other people think differently.

And that is also okay.

posted on Sep, 8 2021 @ 02:12 PM
link   

I think I would have had to at least walk over to one of her parents and asked to see if they needed a demonstration of the word "binary"

"Binary"...Binary is a logic system based on using values of 1 and 0 to determine an outcome, or initiate an action. In this case:
1 = consciousness (i.e. light's on), and...
0 = unconsciousness (i.e. light's out).
Now please explain to me again your definition of "Non-Binary"!

I could care less about adults pulling this crap, but I draw the line at adults indoctrinating little kids into these twisted mindsets is flat out WRONG and frankly disgusting! It's child abuse, plain and simple. Kids have a hard enough time trying to figure out who they are without adults laying some BS on them which makes them question their own anatomy! What a great way to F a kid's head up!

Grrrrr!

edit on 9/8/2021 by Flyingclaydisk because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join