It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ubisoft are giving away Far Cry 3 for a Limited time.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 7 2021 @ 01:02 PM
link   
With Far Cry 6 releasing next month Ubi are giving away arguably the best Far Cry game to anyone with a Ubisoft Connect account until Saturday 11th September.

Is it still worth playing in 2021 ?

edit on 7-9-2021 by gortex because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 7 2021 @ 01:52 PM
link   
a reply to: gortex

Sweet deal.

This is the best one as far as I'm concerned. I have all except for this recent Far Cry 6 release. The game started getting repetitive in FC4, FC5 felt was also a bit of in game repetitiveness as well.

But as far as a good game with a good story line... Far Cry 3 is great.

posted on Sep, 7 2021 @ 02:43 PM
link   
Never played far cry……would this offer be PC only….??? Im rocking a PS5 at the mo, and an M1 Mac

posted on Sep, 7 2021 @ 02:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Akaspeedy

As far as I'm aware the offer is for PC only.

posted on Sep, 7 2021 @ 02:57 PM
link   
D’oh…I still have an older PC though, but it’s buried somewhere in bits dotted all over the place…..lol.. may have to spend a bit of time digging it out and putting it back together…..wouldn’t mind playing tron 2.0 again and x3 reunion again……wasn’t an amazing PC, but I managed to squeeze some decent performance out of it. Should play FC3 fairly decently

edit on 7-9-2021 by Akaspeedy because: (no reason given)

edit on 7-9-2021 by Akaspeedy because: Speling misteaks

posted on Sep, 7 2021 @ 04:00 PM
link   

Thanks for the head's up, I usually see anything on epic but as for Uplay I have assassins creed odyssey on that due to the obligatory install the game required when I purchased it on steam but otherwise never use it so I definitely would have missed this one.

I actually liked the old original far cry and also the one set in Africa, not sure if that is far cry 2 or not but have never even looked at three until now, despite it's age it looks graphically very good and from the other comments I take this one actually has a story.

posted on Sep, 7 2021 @ 04:08 PM
link   
a reply to: LABTECH767

Far Cry 3 stands out for me because of the absolute madness of the lead villain , Vaas , brilliantly acted and written it seems he was such a hit Ubi are going back to his past to explain why he was the way he was in Far Cry 6.

edit on 7-9-2021 by gortex because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 7 2021 @ 05:11 PM
link   

I believe you will be able to play as Vaas in FC6 ,hopefully not just some skin in MP but a bit of a story mode

posted on Sep, 7 2021 @ 09:48 PM
link   
Thanks , I have built the "Far Cry" series for free (nearly)

posted on Sep, 9 2021 @ 10:12 AM
link   

A great little gem, I downloaded it and like it but have some niggles like the FOV rubbing me the wrong way so while I have not yet tried these tracked down some fixes.
www.nexusmods.com...
As for the lighting which is pretty good but dates there are a few reshade and ENB configurations out there I may try at some point.

And the story is actually very good so far.

new topics

top topics

join