It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Starvation incoming - farmers being paid to destroy their crops

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 7 2021 @ 02:07 PM
link   
Quickly! Horde all the cheezits. Man kinds most abominable creation. Those things could last a nuclear war

posted on Sep, 7 2021 @ 02:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Asktheanimals

Saw this earlier today.

I don't have the time today, but I hope someone researches this to determine whether true or not.

posted on Sep, 7 2021 @ 02:46 PM
link   
a reply to: TheAlleghenyGentleman

They are 100 years old this year. But the shelf life is 11 months. Pretty good for a cracker.

posted on Sep, 7 2021 @ 03:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: Asktheanimals
This is not the usual limiting farm production to keep prices level but a sweeping mandate from the Federal government; do it and the government will pay you 1 1/2 times the value or you will not receive any subsidies. Like this is a choice? The Biden administration has quietly passed some type of UN conservation and global warming bill where this insanity comes from.

As if rising prices, vaccine mandates, energy prices and natural disasters aren't enough we will be facing starvation this winter and will likely be used as the dangling carrot to get everyone to accept the jab. You want food? Take the jab. Using our money the federal government has stashed away mountains of food, ammo, fuel and medicines. Now they will soon hold those over our heads to force compliance with their NWO agenda. An empty stomach just might overcome the bias against Alex Jones.
www.bitchute.com...

Geee...Mark of the Beast much?

posted on Sep, 7 2021 @ 03:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: chiefsmom
I work in the dairy industry, on the farmers side.

There is a lot of shady **(& being offered to farmers right now, as far as subsidies, not growing, destroying not only crops, but dumping milk, more than what is normally done.

Farmers around here are stocking up now. The demand for extra barns being built is through the roof. (Hubby does that)

If farmers are concerned, it is a bit too late for most.

Yeah dump that milk in a covid world. Check this out.....pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov...

posted on Sep, 7 2021 @ 03:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse

originally posted by: chiefsmom
I work in the dairy industry, on the farmers side.

There is a lot of shady **(& being offered to farmers right now, as far as subsidies, not growing, destroying not only crops, but dumping milk, more than what is normally done.

Farmers around here are stocking up now. The demand for extra barns being built is through the roof. (Hubby does that)

If farmers are concerned, it is a bit too late for most.

Yeah dump that milk in a covid world. Check this out.....pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov...

Yeah, when I fly I always keep an eye on the flight attendant. If they're calm...all's fine. If they're freaking out, well, then it's freak out time.

posted on Sep, 7 2021 @ 05:53 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Here's a link

www.fsa.usda.gov...

This is being done because of the conservation reserve program. I don’t know if it is actually related to the UN Sustainable Development goals but it is a program that subsidizes not growing crops in order to preserve land because by their logic farming is so damaging to the earth that we should minimize it and conserve the land. I guess.

CRP is a land conservation program administered by FSA. In exchange for a yearly rental payment, farmers enrolled in the program agree to remove environmentally sensitive land from agricultural production and plant species that will improve environmental health and quality. Contracts for land enrolled in CRP are 10-15 years in length. The long-term goal of the program is to re-establish valuable land cover to help improve water quality, prevent soil erosion, and reduce loss of wildlife habitat.

edit on 7-9-2021 by Chalcedony because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 7 2021 @ 06:37 PM
link   
This has happened for ages. I grew up on a farm and we were paid to destroy and not replant a certain acreage of Alfalfa. It's not entire crops.

posted on Sep, 7 2021 @ 06:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: imthegoat
This has happened for ages. I grew up on a farm and we were paid to destroy and not replant a certain acreage of Alfalfa. It's not entire crops.

Thankyou for REALITY.

posted on Sep, 7 2021 @ 07:31 PM
link   
a reply to: Chalcedony

It's still opt in, it's not a mandate.

posted on Sep, 7 2021 @ 11:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus
a reply to: Asktheanimals

Link to the 'mandate'?

This is actually in connection with the "Carbon Tax", where-as the government considers farming to be one of the largest producers of green house gases via manure, pesticides and equipment.

I'll link when I stumble back across the text that explains the incentive given to farmers to destroy their crops for "carbon credits" which are purchased by larger corporations.

Edit for a read in the meantime:

www.reuters.com...
"A U.S. Department of Agriculture study estimated that a shift to sustainable agriculture practices can hurt yields of row crops like corn and soybeans in the first two years they are used. But thereafter, captured soil carbon can improve yields, research shows. When farmers reduce tilling, they allow old crop roots to break down into soils and nourish the next crop, reducing fertilizer costs."

I think what is happening is they're incentivizing farmers to cut down their 'normal' crops to make way for non-tilling types of crops that help trap carbon via photosynthesis, cover crops. They help enrich the soil without having to till it.

www.politico.com...
edit on 7-9-2021 by JimmyNeutr0n because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join