It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fat Trophy Wife

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 6 2021 @ 09:13 PM
link   
Well, I noticed that no new threads have popped up in a while so I was going to settle in and watch a documentary, but when I opened a new tab I saw this article and figured I'd post it quickly. People on ATS are very creative, intelligent and imaginative, so I'm curious what people are going to say about this one. Summation, a woman got kicked off an Alaska Airlines flight, not specifically for being fat, but for her belly showing. I don't know, I'll let you read all about it and jump in as you wish. I personally don't agree with it (oh, she did buy 3 seats). I just don't like people being made to feel bad, I suppose. She has embraced her weight and uses it in marketing as a musician, Fat Trophy Wife. So it's kind of her gig. Anyway, let loose the dogs of war.

www.msn.com...

posted on Sep, 6 2021 @ 09:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheMirrorSelf
Well, I noticed that no new threads have popped up in a while so I was going to settle in and watch a documentary, but when I opened a new tab I saw this article and figured I'd post it quickly. People on ATS are very creative, intelligent and imaginative, so I'm curious what people are going to say about this one. Summation, a woman got kicked off an Alaska Airlines flight, not specifically for being fat, but for her belly showing. I don't know, I'll [....]

I read the article and watched the tik tok video. We didn't really get to see what kind of shirt she wore that got her kicked off the plane. Based on the way it sounded though, it must have been a revealing type of shirt? I don't know. She also said that she was "covered up". So, it is hard to say what I thought about the story when there is so much we don't know about what really happened.
edit on Mon Sep 6 2021 by DontTreadOnMe because: trimmed quote and fixed tags

posted on Sep, 6 2021 @ 09:43 PM
link   
a reply to: TruthJava

From what I could glean the shirt was too short and her tubby chubby tummy was getting some fresh air. Other than that, I'm not sure. It's not exactly COVID worthy, but I just thought to post it quickly. I swear no one had posted a new thread for hours. I needed my thread fix, man!

posted on Sep, 6 2021 @ 09:50 PM
link   
a reply to: TheMirrorSelf

Many many moons ago I was looking in a shop window, drooling.
What did I see? It was a pair of very shiny dark plum shoes. They were so fancy, and my little kid heart just had to have them. By some miracle of all miracles, my mom agreed to buy them. She did that for one reason only.
We were going on an airplane.

There was a time when people actually wore nice clothing on airplanes. Boy I miss those days. We’ve gotten real trashy as a society.

I’m not saying people shouldn’t be comfortable, but his lady wasn’t wearing a shirt, she was wearing what was equivalent to a bra on her. The shirt she was wearing in the video is over what she was wearing in the plane. I’m sorry I don’t want to see it, rub up against it, or have it come on my side of the chair or aisle. You do your raw skin stuff at home. I don’t care if she bought six seats, when she is in the aisle she is going to be rubbing against everything.

This has nothing to do with size either. I don’t want a skinny half naked person on me either, and please for the Love of God keep your stanky shoes on!!!

edit on 6-9-2021 by JAGStorm because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2021 @ 09:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: JAGStorm

What did I see? It was a pain of very shiny dark plum shoes. They were so fancy, and my little kid heart just had to have them. By some miracle of all miracles, my mom agreed to buy them. She did that for one reason only.

There was a time when people actually wore nice clothing on airplanes. Boy I miss those days. We’ve gotten real trashy as a society.

I’m not saying people shouldn’t be comfortable, but his lady wasn’t wearing a shirt, she was wearing what was equivalent to a bra on her. The shirt she was wearing in the video is over what she was wearing in the plane. I’m sorry I don’t want to see it, rub up against it, or have it come on my side of the chair or aisle. You do your raw skin stuff at home. I don’t care if she bought six seats, when she is in the aisle she is going to be rubbing against everything.

This has nothing to do with size either. I don’t want a skinny half naked person on me either, and please for the Love of God keep your stanky shoes on!!!

I completely agree with you...I do. I can remember a time when getting on a plane was akin to going to a semi-formal job interview. It was nice. Watch an old movie...hell, look at old pictures from the Great Depression as men stood in soup lines...they were all wearing suits! I'm as disgusted with our societal degradation as you. I don't know, I suppose I find this issue hard...

posted on Sep, 6 2021 @ 10:00 PM
link   

. I don't know, I suppose I find this issue hard...

What are you conflicted about? This lady was wearing a bra?
It really wasn’t a shirt. I watched the video, she put that shirt on after they complained, and it was still showing her stomach. People have jobs to do, this nonsense just makes it hard on everyone. Also pretty sure airlines have dress codes online clearly stated.

posted on Sep, 6 2021 @ 10:05 PM
link   

. I don't know, I suppose I find this issue hard...

What are you conflicted about? This lady was wearing a bra?
It really wasn’t a shirt. I watched the video, she put that shirt on after they complained, and it was still showing her stomach. People have jobs to do, this nonsense just makes it hard on everyone. Also pretty sure airlines have dress codes online clearly stated.

They do, and this is what the police pointed out when they refused her re-entry on the plane. The reason why I'm conflicted is because I don't like conflict I suppose. In my heart I'm a big softy. You're right, it was a move unworthy of WalMart, but I'm blessed with good genes and I just wonder if people don't act out toward a society that has hurt them. Not saying that's an excuse, but, well...just sayin'

posted on Sep, 6 2021 @ 10:06 PM
link   

What did I see? It was a pain of very shiny dark plum shoes. They were so fancy, and my little kid heart just had to have them. By some miracle of all miracles, my mom agreed to buy them. She did that for one reason only.

Hell, look at old pictures from the Great Depression as men stood in soup lines...they were all wearing suits! .

posted on Sep, 6 2021 @ 10:10 PM
link   
a reply to: visitedbythem

Ahhh...The Soup Nazi (I just peed myself a little).

posted on Sep, 6 2021 @ 10:35 PM
link   
I watched it before I saw this thread.
I think she is an entitled POS trash looking for attention and some kind of TikTok fame.
I went to her account to see what else she posted. She posted a follow-up. She was able to get her seatS refunded completely. And then some discount for future flights.

She got a LOT of attention - which is what she wanted. Her entire TT account seems to be for shock value from a life of boredom (living in #ty Fairbanks) and probably some type of mental illness. She should get a therapist and go on a diet - because covid may not kill her fast, but her unhealthy lifestyle just might.

That's my opinion of it all. lol
edit on 2021 by shaemac because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2021 @ 11:05 PM
link   

Didn't know that was a thing! When we emigrated to canada, for the plane ride I got a pair jean overalls with coloured rhinestones all over the bib. Itwas the seventies!

posted on Sep, 6 2021 @ 11:21 PM
link   

Trash just looking for attention. Her TT profile says "rapper, stylist, entrepreneur".

Folks like this are SOLELY looking for more viewers and attention.

She deserved to be kicked from the flight and deserves any flak she gets from this stupidity.
edit on 9/6/21 by Vasa Croe because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2021 @ 11:34 PM
link   
I happened across a NY Post article that is MUCH more free with the info than MSN's Insider article re-post. Turns out, the whiner was being a deliberate bitch trying to get away with the bare minimum (pun intended) sitting IN HER BRA, and missed the mark. Now she's bitching about the dress code repercussions, i.e getting kicked off.

A woman who claims she was booted from a plane because her “stomach was showing” says she was actually discriminated against for being a “fat, tattooed, mixed-race woman.”

“I was harassed about my outfit — I put my shirt back on,” Howard is heard explaining in the video. “They asked me to put my shirt back on. [So] I put my shirt back on, and then they approached me again, saying that I can’t wear this, my stomach is showing — and it’s inappropriate.”

^^ I'm not going to bother to resize it, the other half is just her perfectly smackable entitled mug.

nypost.com...

posted on Sep, 6 2021 @ 11:38 PM
link   
I'm going to break the rules this time and comment without watching.
Gross

Yeah, commercial flights are disgusting.

Dealing with rude flight attendants, GED TSA and greasy seats makes me drive for anything under 12 hrs away anymore.

posted on Sep, 6 2021 @ 11:38 PM
link   

Well, I went back and reviewed her videos..
Found the one with her on the plane where she shows what she is wearing and ...really...honestly...pull your shirt down woman.

It wasn't anything bad. Her shirt was showing a roll of fat at the bottom after she changed it. I did not see the first shirt. Now, here is the question:
If you are being kinda slobbish and someone kicks you off the plane after 3 attempts to get you to pull you shirt down (she complied,changed her shirt even, but continued to complain and be vocal about it)
Is she in the right or is she wrong?

I fly a fair amount on Alaska Airlines and they have great service, so either she rubbed someone the wrong way and they were having a bad day, or she just didn't give a crap about what she was looking like while traveling, probably both. It is a story that will die out fast, but come on....

Have some respect for your fellow travelers!
I remember being on a greyhound bus when someone hurled in the back...2 days of that smell...bleh!!
This wasn't anything like that..
And still booted off a plane.

Be good when flying...or you wont make your destination!

posted on Sep, 7 2021 @ 12:12 AM
link   

Summation, a woman got kicked off an Alaska Airlines flight, not specifically for being fat, but for her belly showing. I don't know, I'll let you read all about it and jump in as you wish. I personally don't agree with it (oh, she did buy 3 seats). I just don't like people being made to feel bad, I suppose. She has embraced her weight and uses it in marketing as a musician, Fat Trophy Wife.

My first thought was, "Well, suppose it was Fats Domino, Chubby Checker, a Sumo Wrestler, or someone else who used their weight as a career enhancement. How would I feel then?" The answer is still the same. "Are they sitting next to me? Do I have to see it?"

Still, not my call. I don't see why the airline would care unless someone complained.

posted on Sep, 7 2021 @ 01:12 AM
link   

Everyone knows exposed tummies spread covid like a 5,000 person superspreader event. This is common "knowledge."

posted on Sep, 7 2021 @ 01:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: billxam

Everyone knows exposed tummies spread covid like a 5,000 person superspreader event. This is common "knowledge."

Only if you're doing body shots....but....eeeewwwww.

posted on Sep, 7 2021 @ 03:28 AM
link   
This story just show how humans are evolving more and more into crybabies that are offended about everything INCLUDING the human body, and when the crybabies get their will.. they cry even more about their rights being taken away.

posted on Sep, 7 2021 @ 07:13 AM
link   

She is doing the "fat ambassador" thing. Basically, do stuff like this and then tell everyone how fatphobia caused it.

Many times they may be right....fat people are shamed for wearing things. In this case, she is just cashing in on publicity and getting social media clout.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join